Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Do not skimp out on the battery, the Gemini soft case 4 Samsung cell at 55 bucks is the way to go. Light and compact fits in pocket or pack. I got 2.5 hours on high with my 1200 lumen Duo last night and still not fully drained.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I recently bought this light and have noticed it will dim down from the high setting, then increase back after a minute or two. This was occurring during a mtb while in motion. There was some climbing, but this is Texas, so nothing extended. Temps were in the low 60's f.

I assume this is the thermal protection kicking in? Is there any way to improve this? Temps here in the summer at night can be 90f, and the terrain is not conducive to switching light levels. Would the glowworm be any better, or should I assume any small light is going to suffer the same issue? Fwiw, I've not had this issue before with the 4x xpg lights I've been running in exactly the same conditions...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have the same problem with my Duo and the temp in DE at night is about 39 to 45 degree. I stopped using it for this problem and now use Solar Storm x2 light on my head.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the feedback. That's really a shame. I love the size and beam pattern, but I think the temps and trail conditions around here aren't going to let me run it in high.

Rider
    I've had no issues with mine (purchased in Oct last year). Run time is great, beam pattern is great, weight is great, seems to be holding up just fine.
    No blogs here, nothing special.....I just like to ride my bike.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11