Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 488
  1. #301
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Cat man...what's the difference between that place in your link and the ones on Ebay?

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    Cat man...what's the difference between that place in your link and the ones on Ebay?
    ...That is the $54,000.00 question.

    I wish I could answer that with some certainty. The truth is I can't. I know that ebay has a lot of Chinese vendors. Even so not all Chinese are alike. My CAt gut tells me the dedicated Chinese websites are better. Most of the complaints of bad batteries came from people who bought from vendors on ebay. The other Chinese websites have been around a long time. I've bought from DX, K/D, CNquality and the Outdoor Store and have had few complaints. Most of those purchases were for torches and related torch stuff though.

    Anyway, FWIW...don't take my word for it that one is better than the other. I could always be wrong. Really, you can only put so much faith in CAt gut intuition anyway.
    I just know I bought a tri-clone from an ebay vendor and the battery sucked. Next time I would buy somewhere else but that's just how I do things. There is the possibility though that you still might get a sucky battery.

    You's lays you's money down and you's take your chances.

  3. #303
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    422
    Interesting that this vendor lists the lumens as 1200. At least they aren't lying about that.

  4. #304
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuzzy Dunlop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    IF you want a bit DIY, this might be a solution
    Are there detailed instructions available for doing this mod? I own soldering equipment and am willing to give it a shot, but having no prior experience I need a bit of guidance. The Li-Po batteries sound like a good affordable solution, but what about charging them? Others have mentioned that a specific hobby charger is needed, which adds another layer of cost. Again, these tri-clone lights seem like a great bargain, but not if it requires spending double the cost of the light head on a battery to power it.

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8

    Hope Kaidioman battery

    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    Ok, I won't do that again But have others any experience with the 3XML battery from DX or KD?
    My 8.4 Capacity: 12000mA Kaidomain battery (kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S020905) just arrived to replace the dead battery from my ebay 3XLM clone. I'll try and test it tonight and see how it long it runs. I sure expect better performance as it weighs in at 390g, exactly twice the the original's 180g wt.
    If some folks could recommend a good charger that allows me to see what is going on, I would appreciate it.

    FYI, found a new use for the head light this past weekend, extreme sledding after midnight.
    It didn't solve all the problems, but at least I saw the car before I hit it

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    760
    You can buy from CNQG but you will still lack on things you mentioned here and still have to DIY some small improvements. And next you still want probably more run time than provides the original battery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    I remember reading posts of people who bought lights from DX and KD but not the Tri-Clone light specifically. Still even if you buy the Tri-Clone from DX, KD ( or other Chinese site ) while I expect the battery to be better it still will not give you significantly more run time. Maybe 1.5hr on high at best. Nope, to run a 3 XM-L light you need more capacity, at least 5200mAh. That would get you almost two hours on high. Better would be something over 6000mAh.

    The real screw with these Tri-clone lamps is the lack of a low battery warning. At least lamps with blinking red leds when the battery gets low give you something to think about. They ( the warning leds ) won't work the same in cold weather but they're better than nothing.

    If I was going to buy another Tri-Clone lamp I likely would buy from a place like CNqualitygoods.

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    760
    No there isn't any detailed instruction. Just take apart the former pack and rescue the protection board. Next you have to solder the the connector (probably JST-XH) to the board (be aware of the polarity of the board and connector colors). The light can be powered with the balance connector. Yes for Lipo you need hobby charger, but that is about $16 and you can go with this and you are able to charge nicd/nimh/liion/lipo/life cells up to 6S - 25.6V. But you need 2S since the pack is 7.4/8.4V

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
    Are there detailed instructions available for doing this mod? I own soldering equipment and am willing to give it a shot, but having no prior experience I need a bit of guidance. The Li-Po batteries sound like a good affordable solution, but what about charging them? Others have mentioned that a specific hobby charger is needed, which adds another layer of cost. Again, these tri-clone lights seem like a great bargain, but not if it requires spending double the cost of the light head on a battery to power it.

  8. #308
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    760
    I really would like to know how it performs since I think it will be about 8000mAh. Please post some measurements/chage/discharge info

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinemtb View Post
    My 8.4 Capacity: 12000mA Kaidomain battery (kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S020905) just arrived to replace the dead battery from my ebay 3XLM clone. I'll try and test it tonight and see how it long it runs. I sure expect better performance as it weighs in at 390g, exactly twice the the original's 180g wt.
    If some folks could recommend a good charger that allows me to see what is going on, I would appreciate it.

    FYI, found a new use for the head light this past weekend, extreme sledding after midnight.
    It didn't solve all the problems, but at least I saw the car before I hit it

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Holy crap....they're giving them away now....
    2in1 4200LUMEN CREE 3 T6 LED Bicycle Light Headlamp Head Torch Battery

  10. #310
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuzzy Dunlop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35
    I think the seller is doing something smart by offering a low starting bid instead of BIN, in order to generate interest; the winning bid could easily end up at or above the $43 current eBay MSRP.

  11. #311
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Yeah...it's already up to $41.
    But...I got a smoking deal on the Hi-Max U2 light when they did this.
    I'm sure the prices will start dropping on the 3x when U2 3x's hit the clone market.

  12. #312
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinemtb View Post
    My 8.4 Capacity: 12000mA Kaidomain battery (kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S020905) just arrived to replace the dead battery from my ebay 3XLM clone. I'll try and test it tonight and see how it long it runs. I sure expect better performance as it weighs in at 390g, exactly twice the the original's 180g wt.
    If some folks could recommend a good charger that allows me to see what is going on, I would appreciate it.

    FYI, found a new use for the head light this past weekend, extreme sledding after midnight.
    It didn't solve all the problems, but at least I saw the car before I hit it
    How long did it take to get your battery from Kaidomain?

  13. #313
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    How long did it take to get your battery from Kaidomain?
    I know you didn't ask me the question but the stuff I got from Kaidomain usually took about 16 days ( as long as the items are in stock ).

    On a side note; The Chinese New Year occurs on Feb. 10th. When that happens the whole country goes on holiday for about two weeks. If you place an order from a Chinese web site just make sure it is at least a week before the New Year so it doesn't get delayed.

  14. #314
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Thanks....
    Placed the orders last week...so the waiting game is on.
    And hoping the old Niterider lasts a few more rides...

  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    And BTW...thanks for all your input here.....some good stuff

  16. #316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8

    KD battery

    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    How long did it take to get your battery from Kaidomain?
    Ordered Dec 27, arrived Jan 14th.

    My first test on High was 1hr 55 min. but I didn't charge it before running. I ended up having to use it on a bunch of stuff, so I'll get back to this as soon as I need to charge it again.

    MK - thanks for the charger reference.

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinemtb View Post
    Ordered Dec 27, arrived Jan 14th.

    My first test on High was 1hr 55 min. but I didn't charge it before running. I ended up having to use it on a bunch of stuff, so I'll get back to this as soon as I need to charge it again.

    MK - thanks for the charger reference.
    Well damn...not bad for a partially charged battery. Usually batteries are shipped with about a 30%-40% charge. Give us the full charge low down when you get the chance.

  18. #318
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    760
    It depends, normally at 3.8V/cell is about 50% - also a storage voltage by li-ion/li-po to prohibit the oxidation of electrodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Well damn...not bad for a partially charged battery. Usually batteries are shipped with about a 30%-40% charge. Give us the full charge low down when you get the chance.

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8

    KD battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Well damn...not bad for a partially charged battery. Usually batteries are shipped with about a 30%-40% charge. Give us the full charge low down when you get the chance.
    Will do Cat. Tried to reply to PM but I don't have enough posts yet. Anyway will get on that as soon as I have a few hours to kill and charge it full. Have been using the light everyday and haven't even been riding yet!

    Anybody care if I test it on Medium instead of High first time around. I hardly ever use it on high as it's not noticeably brighter, and I figure it just gets hotter, especially testing. Maybe I'll use the fan this time.

    Let me know.

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    14
    And what do you think about something like that?

    4 x XM-L with 6x18650 battery pack - $53

    search for: 4 x Cree XM-L T6 4-Mode Bicycle Light With Charger and 6 x 18650 Battery Pack kaidomain

    Maybe somebody tested it? I'm leaning to it as my friend told me that 4 leds (2 x 2XM-L) is better than 3xXM-L because the different type of the driver (if I translate correctly) which has to be used for 3 leds.

  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoeJITSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinemtb View Post
    Ordered Dec 27, arrived Jan 14th.

    My first test on High was 1hr 55 min. but I didn't charge it before running. I ended up having to use it on a bunch of stuff, so I'll get back to this as soon as I need to charge it again.

    MK - thanks for the charger reference.
    In for the real test. Thanks

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    I just received my 3X that I ordered from Ebayer securityingstore.
    It was shipped from a California address...and ordered on the 9th..got it on the 18th.
    Just a quick test in the dark cellar....I can notice the 3 different levels...that may change outdoors.
    Compared with my old Niterider HID Moab/ Canibal ( the switch is screwed up....so I don't know which of 3 power level it's on)...the 3x washes out the HID in the 2 higher modes.
    Going to charge it up and compare it outside and get a run time later.

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    502
    Got my 4*26650 battery pack for this light today. I'm glad it came with a bag with a frame strap. Wont get to ride u til next week. Bike is in the shop for a new freewheel.

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    502
    here's some pics from the 26650 pack I got from LTbox, same connector plug on the other end






  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Do you know what it weighs?
    I wonder if my battery from Kaidomain will have a bag. I guess I can use the old Niterider bag...and have room for spare stuff...

  26. #326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    Do you know what it weighs?
    I wonder if my battery from Kaidomain will have a bag. I guess I can use the old Niterider bag...and have room for spare stuff...
    sorry no scales, from a website I found the weight of the 18650 is 45grams and the 26650 is 80 grams per cell.


    18650 cel x 4 = 180 grams
    26650 cell x 4= 320 grams

    + wrap and bag

    Probably tad over 1lb for both light head and large battery pack

  27. #327
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    Got my 4*26650 battery pack for this light today. I'm glad it came with a bag with a frame strap. Wont get to ride u til next week. Bike is in the shop for a new freewheel.
    Glad to hear it came with a bag. No mention of that in the ad unless I missed it. Good to hear it uses a compatible MS plug. I will edit my battery thread accordingly. Can't wait for the tested run time on full power.

    I will say it sure does look much larger than the standard 18650 4-cells but at least you get some real usable run time as a trade off for the extra weight.

  28. #328
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Finally got a ride in with the 3X I got from Ebay/securityingstore.
    Ran it on high for 1:19 and had it on low/med for another 26 minutes. It was low 20s out and had the battery on the stem.
    I was going to just leave it on and see how long until it died....but I figure I'll wait for the big battery from Kaidomain...in case I damage the stock battery.
    Very happy with a sub 50 dollar light

  29. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Well...I got the Kadiomain battery..
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020905
    Not impressed by the Kaidomain battery on the first try.
    Charged it with with the charger that came with my 3x XML lamp ( maybe this is the problem?)
    Got about 1.5 hours on high with the 3x lamp. It did sit in the car on a cold night...and the next evening....it only lasted another 30 minutes or so. It just shut off( luckily, I brought the stock battery with me...as well as a helmet light)
    So about 2 hours on high.
    I am going to order a MS charger from Action LED and give it another go.I might even order a battery from them while I'm at it...

  30. #330
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    120
    The lighthead (ie without battery) is now available at DX for USD 30.60
    3 x Cree XM-L T6 2400lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX


    /Håkan
    SWEDEN

  31. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    The lighthead (ie without battery) is now available at DX for USD 30.60
    3 x Cree XM-L T6 2400lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX


    /Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Interesting that D/X is offering these "minus" the battery. Maybe they were having too many complaints about batteries with, "too little run time".

    On a side note; I just received a very nice "hard shell" version of Xeccon's 6600mAh ( 6-cell ) Li-ion battery. I'll be hooking it up to the Tri-clone and doing a run-test very shortly. Be watching in the "Battery Thread".

  32. #332
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Update on my tri clone from securityingstore:
    I noticed a tiny red light inside the power switch during a the ride last night. About a minute later the switch turned all red....and the light died about 2 minutes later.
    Not much warning.....but it is a great light for the money.

  33. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ironbrewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    290
    Leonard at Xeccon was kind enough to offer up two hard shell 6600mAh ( 6-cell ) Li-ion batterys to the first 2 people who replied and would do a review. Right now I only have a 1x XM-L t6 light so I figured I would order one of these light head only lights to give the battery a good test. Hope I get it soon.


    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    The lighthead (ie without battery) is now available at DX for USD 30.60
    3 x Cree XM-L T6 2400lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX


    /Håkan
    SWEDEN

  34. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bobale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    42
    Reply where?

  35. #335
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ironbrewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    290
    The battery thread, but they are already done.

  36. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
    Leonard at Xeccon was kind enough to offer up two hard shell 6600mAh ( 6-cell ) Li-ion batterys to the first 2 people who replied and would do a review. Right now I only have a 1x XM-L t6 light so I figured I would order one of these light head only lights to give the battery a good test. Hope I get it soon.
    I have that light. The light itself is very good...especially for the price.
    I think you are going to be happy with it and the Xeccon battery.....which Catmando said gets 3 hours of run time.
    Only the battery life has been an issue. The stock was good for about 1.5 hours...and the Kaidomain is good for about 2 hours. This was all on high output...and I left the light on when we'd stop to regroup. I could have gotten longer run times if I ran it at medium....but I paid for 3 leds and I'm gonna use them.
    Can't wait to test the Xeccon
    Last edited by the mayor; 02-19-2013 at 01:52 PM.

  37. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Has anyone had one of these fail yet? Mine has been going strong almost daily for almost 3 months now.

  38. #338
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    101
    So far so good with my 3xXML. Knock on wood.

  39. #339
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    I've had mine for a few months.
    Plenty of ride time....and have been using it to test batteries.
    I usually have a big fan on it while testing, and have it outside in sub 30F temps....but I lost power for about an hour.
    The light head was really hot....too hot to touch....but still kept running.

  40. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    422
    So mine works still as well. There have been some issues tho but expected. The battery is a joke but I use a Geoman 6.0 which runs it on high 2 hours approx 2 1/2 on medium or there abouts. The light head snapped off the mount as I was taking it off the handle bars one day. It's plastic and not the best but I super glued it back together.

    As far as heat, mine has never gotten hot. Maybe I got a good one. I was thinking I should buy one of the 4 or 5 LED models but I don't like the idea of a step down due to heat. It'll most assuredly step down when you don't want it to. And then you'll have to wait till it cools off which I know will be a PITA. The 3 LED just keeps burning which is fine. If I ever do burn it out I'll just pay 30 for another. Big deal.

    I think the way to buy this set up is w/ a Xeccon 6.6 battery and also buy a single XML clone for 35 bucks and you'll have 2 batteries for the single clone and the 6.6 for the 3 up. The 2 will be more than enough light and very affordable. 30 for the 3 up. 50 for the 6.6 battery and about 35 for the single clone, 115 total.

    If you want to go this route. Other more expensive lights are just much better, better beam patterns, etc, etc, etc and on and on. You know the deal.

    MB

  41. #341
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    So mine works still as well. There have been some issues tho but expected. The battery is a joke but I use a Geoman 6.0 which runs it on high 2 hours approx 2 1/2 on medium or there abouts. The light head snapped off the mount as I was taking it off the handle bars one day. It's plastic and not the best but I super glued it back together.

    As far as heat, mine has never gotten hot. Maybe I got a good one. I was thinking I should buy one of the 4 or 5 LED models but I don't like the idea of a step down due to heat. It'll most assuredly step down when you don't want it to. And then you'll have to wait till it cools off which I know will be a PITA. The 3 LED just keeps burning which is fine. If I ever do burn it out I'll just pay 30 for another. Big deal.

    I think the way to buy this set up is w/ a Xeccon 6.6 battery and also buy a single XML clone for 35 bucks and you'll have 2 batteries for the single clone and the 6.6 for the 3 up. The 2 will be more than enough light and very affordable. 30 for the 3 up. 50 for the 6.6 battery and about 35 for the single clone, 115 total.

    If you want to go this route. Other more expensive lights are just much better, better beam patterns, etc, etc, etc and on and on. You know the deal.

    MB
    Well said MB. There are only two issues that are of concern when using the Tri-clone light head; one, you have to cycle through "flash" and off when cycling through modes. A minor nuisance but it can get tiring if you change modes a lot. The second and more significant problem is the lack of "low battery" warning LED system ( at least with the one I have ). Mine has no led indicators. As such you get no warning at all when you run out of battery juice. This is sad because once that happens you might actually have another 10-15 minutes of run time left to use on the single led setting but because the battery cut-out via the battery PCB you can't restart the lamp. Now if you had a flashing red led warning you of an impending cut-off you could power down to get the most out of your battery before switching to your back-up. ( Not to mention being caught by surprise if your lamp suddenly goes out... )

    If someone has a link to a tri-clone that does have LED indicators that would be nice.

  42. #342
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19
    The trails around here are pretty tough in the day but these night rides sound sweet!

  43. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    886
    A couple of new takes on the triple xml on dx.com

    Plenty of heatsinking plus a fancy looking design:
    HI-MAX LZ-U3 3 x Cree XM-L U3 2500lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Light - Black (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only

    Interesting optics on the lower light, possibly better beam shape and cheap:
    LW-JD10 3 x Cree XM-L T6 1500lm 4-Mode White Bike Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only

    I have no idea if these are worth buying.

  44. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    760
    I think, it is better to try 4 or 5 XML cheapos :-) But that HI-MAX seems to dissipate heat better than the second LW-JD10. IMHO all 3 XMLs from DX are about the same luminosity. The other side of these lights is that you need to improve them yourself (add low batt indication, change modes, perhaps UI, ...)

  45. #345
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    It seems that KD sells a light with similar optics, but with other LEDs, one XM-l + two Q5 and a higher price: 53,34 USD
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020922


    I have no idea if these are worth buying.
    At this time of year,
    it was the shortest night of the year last night and as it was a clear sky it didn't get really dark at all here in Stockholm,
    I don't really care right now.
    Perhaps in August, hopefully it will be available with XM-L2 LEDs then.

    But I will save the DX-link, just in case..


    /Håkan
    SWEDEN

  46. #346
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    A couple of new takes on the triple xml on dx.com

    Plenty of heatsinking plus a fancy looking design:
    HI-MAX LZ-U3 3 x Cree XM-L U3 2500lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Light - Black (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only....
    This looks interesting. I like the look of the HI-MAX Tri. It looks as though they are copying some of things that Xeccon does ( such as the use of red anodizing to add a little flare ).

    Also interesting that it is using the XM-L "U3" emitters. When I come home tonight ( from a sweet "Super" full moon ride ) I'll send an PM off to the D/X rep and see if this thing offers "LED voltage indicators". If it does, even with the typical lousy UI it might worth the extra money. And speaking of UI, no mention if these are using the typical 1-2-3 LED type mode set-up ( one extra LED for each mode) or if these are "all leds on full time ) (?)....I'll ask that question too.

  47. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    886
    Thanks for getting that info, Cat-man-do. The descriptions on dx leave a lot to be desired.

    Hakan, that does look like the same light. I never understood what the point of mixing emitters like that. I've seen that a lot on ebay.

  48. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    760
    I do not like the UI of the KD light: 1 x XM-L T6 > 2 x Q5 > 2 x Q5 Strobe

    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    It seems that KD sells a light with similar optics, but with other LEDs, one XM-l + two Q5 and a higher price: 53,34 USD
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020922
    /Håkan
    SWEDEN

  49. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Thanks for getting that info, Cat-man-do. The descriptions on dx leave a lot to be desired....
    D/X rep is looking into it. He will have to get one to look at it. Might take a couple days.

  50. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PedroDank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    151

    New clone 3 x XML T-6 49.88 shipped

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    This looks interesting. I like the look of the HI-MAX Tri. It looks as though they are copying some of things that Xeccon does ( such as the use of red anodizing to add a little flare ).

    Also interesting that it is using the XM-L "U3" emitters. When I come home tonight ( from a sweet "Super" full moon ride ) I'll send an PM off to the D/X rep and see if this thing offers "LED voltage indicators". If it does, even with the typical lousy UI it might worth the extra money. And speaking of UI, no mention if these are using the typical 1-2-3 LED type mode set-up ( one extra LED for each mode) or if these are "all leds on full time ) (?)....I'll ask that question too.
    Looking at the pictures on dx.com, I would say it is the typical UI - 1, 2 or 3 LEDs at a time.
    It does look very good in the pictures, though. Lets wait for the confirmation.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •