Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    Do you know what it weighs?
    I wonder if my battery from Kaidomain will have a bag. I guess I can use the old Niterider bag...and have room for spare stuff...
    sorry no scales, from a website I found the weight of the 18650 is 45grams and the 26650 is 80 grams per cell.

18650 cel x 4 = 180 grams
    26650 cell x 4= 320 grams

+ wrap and bag

Probably tad over 1lb for both light head and large battery pack

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    Got my 4*26650 battery pack for this light today. I'm glad it came with a bag with a frame strap. Wont get to ride u til next week. Bike is in the shop for a new freewheel.
    Glad to hear it came with a bag. No mention of that in the ad unless I missed it. Good to hear it uses a compatible MS plug. I will edit my battery thread accordingly. Can't wait for the tested run time on full power.

I will say it sure does look much larger than the standard 18650 4-cells but at least you get some real usable run time as a trade off for the extra weight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Finally got a ride in with the 3X I got from Ebay/securityingstore.
    Ran it on high for 1:19 and had it on low/med for another 26 minutes. It was low 20s out and had the battery on the stem.
    I was going to just leave it on and see how long until it died....but I figure I'll wait for the big battery from Kaidomain...in case I damage the stock battery.
    Very happy with a sub 50 dollar light

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well...I got the Kadiomain battery..
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020905
    Not impressed by the Kaidomain battery on the first try.
    Charged it with with the charger that came with my 3x XML lamp ( maybe this is the problem?)
    Got about 1.5 hours on high with the 3x lamp. It did sit in the car on a cold night...and the next evening....it only lasted another 30 minutes or so. It just shut off( luckily, I brought the stock battery with me...as well as a helmet light)
    So about 2 hours on high.
    I am going to order a MS charger from Action LED and give it another go.I might even order a battery from them while I'm at it...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The lighthead (ie without battery) is now available at DX for USD 30.60
    3 x Cree XM-L T6 2400lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    3 x Cree XM-L T6 2400lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Interesting that D/X is offering these "minus" the battery. Maybe they were having too many complaints about batteries with, "too little run time".

On a side note; I just received a very nice "hard shell" version of Xeccon's 6600mAh ( 6-cell ) Li-ion battery. I'll be hooking it up to the Tri-clone and doing a run-test very shortly. Be watching in the "Battery Thread".

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Update on my tri clone from securityingstore:
    I noticed a tiny red light inside the power switch during a the ride last night. About a minute later the switch turned all red....and the light died about 2 minutes later.
    Not much warning.....but it is a great light for the money.

mtbr member
    Leonard at Xeccon was kind enough to offer up two hard shell 6600mAh ( 6-cell ) Li-ion batterys to the first 2 people who replied and would do a review. Right now I only have a 1x XM-L t6 light so I figured I would order one of these light head only lights to give the battery a good test. Hope I get it soon.

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Reply where?

mtbr member
    The battery thread, but they are already done.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
    Leonard at Xeccon was kind enough to offer up two hard shell 6600mAh ( 6-cell ) Li-ion batterys to the first 2 people who replied and would do a review. Right now I only have a 1x XM-L t6 light so I figured I would order one of these light head only lights to give the battery a good test. Hope I get it soon.
    I have that light. The light itself is very good...especially for the price.
    I think you are going to be happy with it and the Xeccon battery.....which Catmando said gets 3 hours of run time.
    Only the battery life has been an issue. The stock was good for about 1.5 hours...and the Kaidomain is good for about 2 hours. This was all on high output...and I left the light on when we'd stop to regroup. I could have gotten longer run times if I ran it at medium....but I paid for 3 leds and I'm gonna use them.
    Can't wait to test the Xeccon
    Last edited by the mayor; 02-19-2013 at 01:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Has anyone had one of these fail yet? Mine has been going strong almost daily for almost 3 months now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    So far so good with my 3xXML. Knock on wood.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've had mine for a few months.
    Plenty of ride time....and have been using it to test batteries.
    I usually have a big fan on it while testing, and have it outside in sub 30F temps....but I lost power for about an hour.
    The light head was really hot....too hot to touch....but still kept running.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    So mine works still as well. There have been some issues tho but expected. The battery is a joke but I use a Geoman 6.0 which runs it on high 2 hours approx 2 1/2 on medium or there abouts. The light head snapped off the mount as I was taking it off the handle bars one day. It's plastic and not the best but I super glued it back together.

As far as heat, mine has never gotten hot. Maybe I got a good one. I was thinking I should buy one of the 4 or 5 LED models but I don't like the idea of a step down due to heat. It'll most assuredly step down when you don't want it to. And then you'll have to wait till it cools off which I know will be a PITA. The 3 LED just keeps burning which is fine. If I ever do burn it out I'll just pay 30 for another. Big deal.

I think the way to buy this set up is w/ a Xeccon 6.6 battery and also buy a single XML clone for 35 bucks and you'll have 2 batteries for the single clone and the 6.6 for the 3 up. The 2 will be more than enough light and very affordable. 30 for the 3 up. 50 for the 6.6 battery and about 35 for the single clone, 115 total.

If you want to go this route. Other more expensive lights are just much better, better beam patterns, etc, etc, etc and on and on. You know the deal.

MB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    So mine works still as well. There have been some issues tho but expected. The battery is a joke but I use a Geoman 6.0 which runs it on high 2 hours approx 2 1/2 on medium or there abouts. The light head snapped off the mount as I was taking it off the handle bars one day. It's plastic and not the best but I super glued it back together.

As far as heat, mine has never gotten hot. Maybe I got a good one. I was thinking I should buy one of the 4 or 5 LED models but I don't like the idea of a step down due to heat. It'll most assuredly step down when you don't want it to. And then you'll have to wait till it cools off which I know will be a PITA. The 3 LED just keeps burning which is fine. If I ever do burn it out I'll just pay 30 for another. Big deal.

I think the way to buy this set up is w/ a Xeccon 6.6 battery and also buy a single XML clone for 35 bucks and you'll have 2 batteries for the single clone and the 6.6 for the 3 up. The 2 will be more than enough light and very affordable. 30 for the 3 up. 50 for the 6.6 battery and about 35 for the single clone, 115 total.

If you want to go this route. Other more expensive lights are just much better, better beam patterns, etc, etc, etc and on and on. You know the deal.

MB
    Well said MB. There are only two issues that are of concern when using the Tri-clone light head; one, you have to cycle through "flash" and off when cycling through modes. A minor nuisance but it can get tiring if you change modes a lot. The second and more significant problem is the lack of "low battery" warning LED system ( at least with the one I have ). Mine has no led indicators. As such you get no warning at all when you run out of battery juice. This is sad because once that happens you might actually have another 10-15 minutes of run time left to use on the single led setting but because the battery cut-out via the battery PCB you can't restart the lamp. Now if you had a flashing red led warning you of an impending cut-off you could power down to get the most out of your battery before switching to your back-up. ( Not to mention being caught by surprise if your lamp suddenly goes out... )

If someone has a link to a tri-clone that does have LED indicators that would be nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    The trails around here are pretty tough in the day but these night rides sound sweet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    A couple of new takes on the triple xml on dx.com

Plenty of heatsinking plus a fancy looking design:
    HI-MAX LZ-U3 3 x Cree XM-L U3 2500lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Light - Black (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only

Interesting optics on the lower light, possibly better beam shape and cheap:
    LW-JD10 3 x Cree XM-L T6 1500lm 4-Mode White Bike Bicycle Headlamp - Black + Silver (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only

I have no idea if these are worth buying.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I think, it is better to try 4 or 5 XML cheapos :-) But that HI-MAX seems to dissipate heat better than the second LW-JD10. IMHO all 3 XMLs from DX are about the same luminosity. The other side of these lights is that you need to improve them yourself (add low batt indication, change modes, perhaps UI, ...)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    It seems that KD sells a light with similar optics, but with other LEDs, one XM-l + two Q5 and a higher price: 53,34 USD
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020922

I have no idea if these are worth buying.
    At this time of year,
    it was the shortest night of the year last night and as it was a clear sky it didn't get really dark at all here in Stockholm,
    I don't really care right now.
    Perhaps in August, hopefully it will be available with XM-L2 LEDs then.

But I will save the DX-link, just in case..

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    A couple of new takes on the triple xml on dx.com

Plenty of heatsinking plus a fancy looking design:
    HI-MAX LZ-U3 3 x Cree XM-L U3 2500lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Light - Black (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only....
    This looks interesting. I like the look of the HI-MAX Tri. It looks as though they are copying some of things that Xeccon does ( such as the use of red anodizing to add a little flare ).

Also interesting that it is using the XM-L "U3" emitters. When I come home tonight ( from a sweet "Super" full moon ride ) I'll send an PM off to the D/X rep and see if this thing offers "LED voltage indicators". If it does, even with the typical lousy UI it might worth the extra money. And speaking of UI, no mention if these are using the typical 1-2-3 LED type mode set-up ( one extra LED for each mode) or if these are "all leds on full time ) (?)....I'll ask that question too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for getting that info, Cat-man-do. The descriptions on dx leave a lot to be desired.

Hakan, that does look like the same light. I never understood what the point of mixing emitters like that. I've seen that a lot on ebay.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I do not like the UI of the KD light: 1 x XM-L T6 > 2 x Q5 > 2 x Q5 Strobe

It seems that KD sells a light with similar optics, but with other LEDs, one XM-l + two Q5 and a higher price: 53,34 USD
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020922
    /Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Thanks for getting that info, Cat-man-do. The descriptions on dx leave a lot to be desired....
    D/X rep is looking into it. He will have to get one to look at it. Might take a couple days.

mtbr member

New clone 3 x XML T-6 49.88 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    This looks interesting. I like the look of the HI-MAX Tri. It looks as though they are copying some of things that Xeccon does ( such as the use of red anodizing to add a little flare ).

Also interesting that it is using the XM-L "U3" emitters. When I come home tonight ( from a sweet "Super" full moon ride ) I'll send an PM off to the D/X rep and see if this thing offers "LED voltage indicators". If it does, even with the typical lousy UI it might worth the extra money. And speaking of UI, no mention if these are using the typical 1-2-3 LED type mode set-up ( one extra LED for each mode) or if these are "all leds on full time ) (?)....I'll ask that question too.
    Looking at the pictures on dx.com, I would say it is the typical UI - 1, 2 or 3 LEDs at a time.
    It does look very good in the pictures, though. Lets wait for the confirmation.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast