Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quick update.

I recieved the no charge replacment battery for my Tri-clone. Charged and discharged it twice with my hobby charger. 1907 and 1869 milliamperes is all that I could pull out. Ouch! Worse than my first battery. I've emailed the seller and thanked them for good communication and good shipping. I did inform them that they would be getting neutral feedback as I feel the product isn't as described.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I swa that too. I am also waiting for a replacement battery. Mine pulls out 1700 mAh untill 3V during discharge on a hobby charger. But I also saw that there is a huge gap between the 1st and 2nd series - about 300mV at about middle of the discharge process. It is the PCB that cuts out the source due to exhausted half of the pack. Perhaps one should combine two packs to get some more reliable pack and the bad cells throw away for recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post
    Quick update.

I recieved the no charge replacment battery for my Tri-clone. Charged and discharged it twice with my hobby charger. 1907 and 1869 milliamperes is all that I could pull out. Ouch! Worse than my first battery. I've emailed the seller and thanked them for good communication and good shipping. I did inform them that they would be getting neutral feedback as I feel the product isn't as described.

mtbr member
    May 2007

10 Ah battery now at KD

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    why not buy one of these batteries and be the first to give it a review??
    Perhaps this is old 'news', but KD now sells a similar 4 x 26650 8,4V/10Ah battery, and it is a little cheaper too 25.39 USD
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020905

Please note:
    I have no personal experience of the KD battery, ie I don't know if the contacts will fit.

My runtime test of the LT-box battery is here:
    New clone 3 x XML T-6 49.88 shipped

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    Perhaps this is old 'news', but KD now sells a similar 4 x 26650 8,4V/10Ah battery, and it is a little cheaper too 25.39 USD

Please note:
    I have no personal experience of the KD battery, ie I don't know if the contacts will fit.

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Thanks Håkan....Good find on the KD battery. I have a feeling that these 26650 batteries are going to be coming out of the woodwork. The KD battery is listing as 12000mAh. At first I thought there was no such thing as a 6000mAh 26650 cell. A quick search proved me wrong. It seems there is an 6000mAh cell and a 6300mAh cell! However both of these cells are *something*- fires....Ultrafire...Tangsfire...you get the idea. I haven't had a chance to check reviews but I expect actual mAh rating is likely around 4200mAh but I could be wrong on that.

Still, can't beat the price. If you need a long running battery and don't mind the extra weight of the 26650's then these could be your ticket to ride. Just keep in mind that you will need a battery bag big enough to carry them. So far I have yet to see one being sold with the bag included. Now if you happen to have some old bags left over from the old NiMh batteries; those should be big enough to hold the 4 cell 26650 battery.

Last week I received my first 26650 torch. It's using the Trustfire 5000mAh cell. I'll get back with the run time once I get a chance to play with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    pulled the trigger on this from Amazon, $58 overnight shipping. Can't wait to try it out on friday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hi. Firstly, thanks to all for a very good info on this 3-clones. Secondly - what do you think about set like this? Any experience with this?

(sorry, I can't post links, so please just paste the whole name and search for it)

3 x Cree XM-L T6 4-Mode Bicycle Light (with battery set and charger) kaidomain - $25.39
    4 x 26650 Battery Set for Bicycle light kaidomain - $47.93

Battery set is claimed to have 12000mAh, but even if it is only half of that - for $25 it would be a steal. I guess...

I haven't owned LED light yet - is it possible to just simply swap the original battery (famous "4400mAh") with this 4x26650? And will the charger from the original set do?
    Last edited by freebird74; 12-27-2012 at 02:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freebird74 View Post
    Hi. Firstly, thanks to all for a very good info on this 3-clones. Secondly - what do you think about set like this? Any experience with this?

(sorry, I can't post links, so please just paste the whole name and search for it)

3 x Cree XM-L T6 4-Mode Bicycle Light (with battery set and charger) kaidomain - $25.39
    4 x 26650 Battery Set for Bicycle light kaidomain - $47.93

Battery set is claimed to have 12000mAh, but even if it is only half of that - for $25 it would be a steal. I guess...

I haven't owned LED light yet - is it possible to just simply swap the original battery (famous "4400mAh") with this 4x26650? And will the charger from the original set do?
    If you want to go that route I would e-mail them and see if they could upgrade the battery in the lamp kit to the 26650 battery for a nominal fee.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
    If you want to go that route I would e-mail them and see if they could upgrade the battery in the lamp kit to the 26650 battery for a nominal fee.
    I suppose you could do that but that would mean more waiting for a special order. If it were me I'd just go ahead and order both right from the get go. Dont' be surprised if the standard battery shipped by K/D is a normal battery. Even so It will likely only run the tri-clone about 1.5 hr. Can't hurt to have an extra battery.

The 26650 battery should get you your longer run time but you will still need a battery bag to use the battery on your bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I suppose you could do that but that would mean more waiting for a special order. If it were me I'd just go ahead and order both right from the get go. Dont' be surprised if the standard battery shipped by K/D is a normal battery. Even so It will likely only run the tri-clone about 1.5 hr. Can't hurt to have an extra battery.
    Sure, you're right. I have asked about the possibility to swap these batteries, will see.

The 26650 battery should get you your longer run time but you will still need a battery bag to use the battery on your bike.
    What about making battery set on my own which would be probably much better than the ones mentioned above? Is it just connecting four batteries or more complicated? There are very reliable batteries (tested by guys from budgetlightforum):
    Kingkong INR26650E
    Capacity: 4000mAh-4200mAh
    Full charge: 4.2V
    Nominal voltage: 3.7V
    Cut-off: 2.75V
    Weight: 89g

They go even beyond given capacity.

Should they be protected or not for DIY?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    A question that has been asked and answered many times. My response, and not trying to sound like a dick, if you need to ask, you don't know enough about li ion to use unprotected cells.

I use mostly unprotected cells salvaged from laptops. I run them in holders, charge them individually, frequently check voltage, and use a quality driver with voltage monitoring ability. This has served me well for about 4 years now. When I sell a light to someone, it goes with an assembled pack, with protection circuit, and a dedicated charger. Don't want to be responsible for someone having a li ion incident.

mtbr member

What about making battery set on my own which would be probably much better than the ones mentioned above? Is it just connecting four batteries or more complicated? There are very reliable batteries (tested by guys from budgetlightforum):
    Kingkong INR26650E
    Capacity: 4000mAh-4200mAh
    Full charge: 4.2V
    Nominal voltage: 3.7V
    Cut-off: 2.75V
    Weight: 89g

They go even beyond given capacity.

Yes you could buy some KK cells and make your own battery but are the KK cells really going to be that much better than the cells in the K/D set-up?
    Now if you could buy a Panasonic quality cell in a 26650 and get a real 5000mAh ( or better ) per cell than building a better battery might be worth a go. Otherwise I'd just go with the K/D and take my chances.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yes you could buy some KK cells and make your own battery but are the KK cells really going to be that much better than the cells in the K/D set-up?
    Now if you could buy a Panasonic quality cell in a 26650 and get a real 5000mAh ( or better ) per cell than building a better battery might be worth a go. Otherwise I'd just go with the K/D and take my chances.
    Keepower 26650 is built around a Panasonic or Sanyo cell. You would think it would have a higher capacity, but it doesn't. King Kong's are just fine if you don't need protection. They've had consistent quality, which is a decent indication that they're not recycled cells like Ultrafire batteries and probably most of the cells that come in our Chinese bike lights.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Keepower 26650 is built around a Panasonic or Sanyo cell. You would think it would have a higher capacity, but it doesn't. King Kong's are just fine if you don't need protection. They've had consistent quality, which is a decent indication that they're not recycled cells like Ultrafire batteries and probably most of the cells that come in our Chinese bike lights.
    Where do you find these batteries? It appreciate it if you post up a link.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
    Where do you find these batteries? It appreciate it if you post up a link.

Thanks in advance
    Kumabear on BLF. He's in the US, so shipping is very quick in the US. It looks like he's currently out of Keepower 26650 protected batteries, but has protected King Kong batteries. I wouldn't hesitate to buy and use King Kong 26650's...I already have a couple.

Here's the comment thread.
    ANNOUNCEMENTS, QUESTIONS and COMMENTS from and for Your BLF BATTERY SUPPLIER | BudgetLightForum.com

Here's the order thread.
    ONLY BATTERY ORDERS for YOUR BLF US-BASED BATTERY SUPPLIER | BudgetLightForum.com

As you might see there, I've bought from Kumabear. I plan to buy more cells from him early next year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    looks like i have to take apart the version I got today. Single LED works fine, but when switching to Med,it flashes then turns off. Some tapping on the side housing, it works til I hit the next big bump. Thinking pinched wire or solder joint. Other then that and WHEN it worked on Hi, I'm impressed. Low mode was fine too, I had my mityX400 on the bars so the combo worked out. It puts out about the same if not a tad but more spill. I need this new battery pack so I can run on Hi for my entire 2hr ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    looks like i have to take apart the version I got today. Single LED works fine, but when switching to Med,it flashes then turns off. Some tapping on the side housing, it works til I hit the next big bump. Thinking pinched wire or solder joint. Other then that and WHEN it worked on Hi, I'm impressed. Low mode was fine too, I had my mityX400 on the bars so the combo worked out. It puts out about the same if not a tad but more spill. I need this new battery pack so I can run on Hi for my entire 2hr ride.
    Fixed a cold solder joints but that wasn't the problem. Changed out R1 for a 0 ohm resistor and works like a charm in all modes now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post

Please note:

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Has anyone tried the Kaidomain battery pack?
    ( sorry if I missed it in the thread)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Perhaps this is old news, but KD now sells the Tri-Clone 3 x XM-L lamp for 43,56 USD
    http://kaidomain.com/product/Details.S020615

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I couldn't tell what size baterry pack Kaidomain are including, do you know?
    jW

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Unfortunately it looks like only a 2x18650 battery (scroll down to see the battery)

Big pic: http://manager.kaidomain.com/UploadF...3503530000.jpg

But KD also sells a bigger battery for only 25,39 USD

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I have just written to ask them about it.

Do you know if there's any difference in regards of customs between registered and regular air mail?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I just paid the same on Ebay with securityingstore
    So prices are coming down.
    I did just order the Kaidomain battery...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Well, you can post the battery runtime here I bet the capacity is about 8Ah

Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    I just paid the same on Ebay with securityingstore
    So prices are coming down.
    I did just order the Kaidomain battery...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

3X CREE SM-L Battery Dead already

Just an FYI,

I ordered the 3800Lm 3X CREE XM-L T6 LED LED Headlight Headlamp Bicycle Bike Light ( 320985696278 from Securityingstore via EBAY back in Nov. for $48.63 including shipping.

While the light worked great, the battery is now dead and won't take a charge. When plugged into the charger, it appears green as if good. It probably went through 8 charging cycles before dying. I have heard of folks resurrecting these, any ideas would be appreciated.

I had ordered the 4 x 26650 Battery Set for Bicycle light from Kadioman as a backup but I guess it will be the main battery when it arrives. Anybody know how long shipping is from Kadiomain. Their track order doesn't provide any info.

I also ordered the CREE XML XM-L T6 LED Bike Bicycle Light HeadLight HeadLamp 1200LM Gold from Able Provider via Amazon $38.93. The battery was not the 6400 mAh claimed and they sent me another when I asked them too. They still haven't changed the specs though. Unfortunately the batteries for these 2 lights are different voltages and not interchangable. But it is a nice combination of spot for the helmet and 3x for the bars.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So what's the general consensus on this light? From what I'm reading the light is pretty good, but it comes with a sub-standard battery. The battery is pretty much useless. Is that right?

These things are getting cheaper, $43.64 from a USA based warehouse:
    3800Lm 3X CREE XM L T6 LED LED Bicycle Bike Light Headlight Headlamp | eBay

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast