Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony View Post
    I plan on getting just the triple head and making a 6200 pack out of 4 keeppowers....
    Perhaps I can get 3 hours on high??
    Actually when you buy the lamp/set you ONLY are getting just the lamp head ( from a realistic standpoint ) as the battery is pretty much crap.

So Tony, why not buy one of these batteries and be the first to give it a review??

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Actually when you buy the lamp/set you ONLY are getting just the lamp head ( from a realistic standpoint ) as the battery is pretty much crap.

So Tony, why not buy one of these batteries and be the first to give it a review??
    I just want to get a real battery, although the original MS battery did ok for me, and the geoman replacement gave me 2.5 straight hours on high the other night..
    I imagine the triple pulls alot more power....so I might shoot for 2s2p with the Kp's....
    If he sells the triple head any cheaper without the battery or mounts, I am ahead by that much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

There is no mention of the mode's being applied via single LED illumination. That could be good. It does mention a press to hold strobe, That is good.

Like the triple, buyer beware. No telling what you're getting if you buy one of these. Anyone buying one of these needs to start a new thread.
    Cat,

Based on the translation issues, I wouldn't bet on anything that is said in description. My single also said you have to press and hold for strobe, but in fact that's not the case. It just cycles through strobe like the other settings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinemtb View Post
    Cat,

Based on the translation issues, I wouldn't bet on anything that is said in description. My single also said you have to press and hold for strobe, but in fact that's not the case. It just cycles through strobe like the other settings.
    Yes, that is of course quite possible. The E-smay sellers do tend to misrepresent more so than what one would expect. A real PITA it is to not get what you thought you were buying. ...."you's lays your moneys down and you's take your chances" "Roll them dice and hopefully they don't come up Snake eyes".

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    In the interest of reducing shipping cost and promoting Xeccon 6600mAh batteries, we are arranging limited number of these batteries in Neoprene pouch as pictured shipped to Bloomington IN this week.

This offer is for US customers only. Price is USD 49.00 including USPS delivery. Xeccon 6600mAh Battery Special

The batteries are available for shipping Monday Nov 19 onwards and come with 6 month warranty. Please use appropriate chargers. If unsure please contact us.

Leonard
    Having seen this battery mentioned several times as an alternative power source for the Tri-Clone I thought I'd post my impressions.

1) I did a run-time test with a Gemini Olympia lighthead since its amp draw on high (1.92 per Jim @ Action) is similar to what people are geting with the Tri-Clone. 3 hrs 14 min on high to flashing red, resetting the battery netted an additional 15 min on 50% power.

2) Nice battery bag! The neoprene material is soft (should be easy on frame tubes), water repelant, and the flap/attachment strap is some what elastic so it attaches
    solidly where ever you choose to mount it. Battery weight w/bag - 330gm

3) If I were going to use this for endurance racing the 30gm weight advantage and approx. 20% longer runtime of my other 6 cell (Gemini) would justify the price difference (Xeccon - $49 delivered vs Gemini - $107 + del.). For powering a $50 Tri-Clone or my what ever headlight + Titan w/red wide angle lens tail light and y-cable commuter set-up I think this Xeccon battery is a good deal. Thanks again Leonard.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    Well I have Skyray S6, but considering they are the same I did some measurements using PS at 40A at 8.44V for 1 minute each mode:
    idle w/ PS turned on: 0.02A
    1 LED: 0.58A
    2 LED: 1.83A
    3 LED: 2.01A
    strobe: 1.1A
    Thankyou.

As with my light yours don't have much difference between 2 Leds and 3 LEDs.

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    May 2007
    why not buy one of these batteries and be the first to give it a review??
    I have one of those batteries.
    It works, but I haven't tested for how long it will last.
    Yet, that is.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Let us know how that battery works out.

I also think the 6.6 from Xeccon might be ticket as you know what to really expect and that should run the light on high for close to 3 hrs?? At least medium for 3 hrs which looks like the same amount of light to the eye. I think $49 delivered so not bad for a decent battery.

MB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    I have one of those batteries.
    It works, but I haven't tested for how long it will last.
    Yet, that is.
    OH! OH! Please do test it. I suspect that it will supply really long run times. It does depend though on what brand cells are being used. I've been looking at reviews on typical 26650 cells and the capacities ( while over-rated a bit ) are still impressive.

I would expect this battery to at least have a "Real" capacity of 8000mAh ( or 8Ah to put it another way ). Any less and they would have to be using the cheapest lowest quality cells made. If I didn't get 3hrs on high using this battery with the Tri-clone I would be highly disappointed.

I just read a review by someone who tested the Trustfire ( 26650 ) 5000mAh cells. Actual capacity using a 3A current draw for the test gave a 4300mAh rating. Not bad. I have a torch on the way that uses the 26650 cells and includes a Trustfire cell in the package. If I like what I see I might just build my own battery using the Trustfire or King Kong 26650 cells.

@ Cdale Tony; Thanks for mentioning the Keeppower batteries. I didn't know anyone had yet used the ( 18650 ) Panasonic 3400mAh cells in a protected version.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    Let us know how that battery works out.
    and
    OH! OH! Please do test it. I suspect that it will supply really long run times.
    If I didn't get 3hrs on high using this battery with the Tri-clone I would be highly disappointed.
    I have been testing the runtime tonight. battery
    It stayed on max (3 LEDs) for close to 3 hours (2hours55mins)

Edit:
    I have measured the voltage of the battery after the light stopped: 0,8V
    I then connected the battery to the charger, disconnected it after a minute and measured the voltage again: 6,4V

Apparently it was the protection circuit that stopped the light at 2hours55mins

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Last edited by HakanC; 12-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.

mtbr member
    and

I have been testing the runtime tonight.

Edit:
    I then connected the battery to the charger, disconnected it after a minute and measured the voltage again: 6,4V

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Hakan, what was the current draw of the tri-clone do you know?

I have been running down the BAK batteries last night with various lights including loading the 6600 running 2 X MJ-808E via a Y and the 4400 using a Y for two S12s. Still trying to determine how long the 6600mAh will run the tri-clone for.

Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    and

I have been testing the runtime tonight. battery

Edit:

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Okay, not bad. I wish I would of thought to tell you to reset the battery ( when it cuts out ) and continue to run the Tri-clone on low ( one LED ) to see how much longer the lamp would of run with the remaining power.

Anyway, the run time on this battery is about what you would get if you used two 4400mAh ( 4-cell ) batteries so I figure I was pretty close in my estimate.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    Hakan, what was the current draw of the tri-clone do you know?
    Sorry, I didn't measure the current draw with this battery.
    But I have measured it earlier, with other batteries, and posted it here
    New clone 3 x XML T-6 49.88 shipped

Okay, not bad. I wish I would of thought to tell you to reset the battery ( when it cuts out ) and continue to run the Tri-clone on low ( one LED ) to see how much longer the lamp would of run with the remaining power.

Anyway, the run time on this battery is about what you would get if you used two 4400mAh ( 4-cell ) batteries so I figure I was pretty close in my estimate.
    It was late and I didn't have the time to do any more run time measurements.

And I will probably not repeat the runtime measurement, I fear that it could damage the light head from overheating.
    Last night was VERY cold here, -12 centigrades, but the light was scorching hot to the touch.
    (The battery was kept indoors)

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Last night was VERY cold here, -12 centigrades, but the light was scorching hot to the touch.
    Yes, hot air is like molasses, and moves very slowly. So without a breeze of fresh air, you actually have an insulating bubble of hot air around your light.

mtbr member

It was late and I didn't have the time to do any more run time measurements.

And I will probably not repeat the runtime measurement, I fear that it could damage the light head from overheating.
    (The battery was kept indoors)

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    I take it you had the lamp outside. While it was cold outside surprisingly the lamp will still get hot if there is no moving air over the light head. You need to use a fan even if the air is cold. I test my lamp indoors ( 74°F. ) with a fan blowing on it and it remained only warm to the touch the whole time.

I use an infrared thermometer to monitor the temperature and I don't believe it got hotter than 118°F ( with fan ).

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yes, I had the lamp outside. I was also surprised by how hot the lamp became.
    But since I don't have a fan, I will not repeat the test.

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Like the triple, buyer beware. No telling what you're getting if you buy one of these. Anyone buying one of these needs to start a new thread.
    Think i'm going to leave that one for now. It's double the price of this one, so i'll get 2 instead and do some photos of various setups/comparisons.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    securityingstore responded that the triple XML light alone is $37 to the states...I guess thats a good option since it saves me $12 for a battery that would last what, an hour or so?

Either I go 2s2p keeppowers for 6200mah ( 2 parallel 3100 = 6200 right?)
    Or I conjure a bar/pocket battery pack out of 2s3p for 9300mah?

Am i figuring it right?
    CDT

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    This battery seems to have great run time. I wanted to buy those 5000mAh 26650 TFs that are about 4000-4300, but it is cheaper to buy 18650 TFs 3000 which are about 2600. It is not worth buying even 3400 18650 Panasonics, since they are terribly expensive. I am building my own cell pack from basic unprotected 12x 18650 holders and 2S 15A PCB. I want to build a 2S6P maximum and use it from 2P to 6P depending on run time I want with that voltage monitoring I mentioned earlier. I also have some old notebook batteries so I do some charge/discharge test to determine capacity and usefulness of these cells inside.

OH! OH! Please do test it. I suspect that it will supply really long run times. It does depend though on what brand cells are being used. I've been looking at reviews on typical 26650 cells and the capacities ( while over-rated a bit ) are still impressive.

I would expect this battery to at least have a "Real" capacity of 8000mAh ( or 8Ah to put it another way ). Any less and they would have to be using the cheapest lowest quality cells made. If I didn't get 3hrs on high using this battery with the Tri-clone I would be highly disappointed.

I just read a review by someone who tested the Trustfire ( 26650 ) 5000mAh cells. Actual capacity using a 3A current draw for the test gave a 4300mAh rating. Not bad. I have a torch on the way that uses the 26650 cells and includes a Trustfire cell in the package. If I like what I see I might just build my own battery using the Trustfire or King Kong 26650 cells.

@ Cdale Tony; Thanks for mentioning the Keeppower batteries. I didn't know anyone had yet used the ( 18650 ) Panasonic 3400mAh cells in a protected version.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hmm yes the difference is very small, I am pretty sure it can be driven harder and put out much more light Perhaps someone will modify these lights to work better

Thankyou.

As with my light yours don't have much difference between 2 Leds and 3 LEDs.

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    It sure is possible to drive them harder, but I'm not sure casing can dissipate that much heat. Mine single XML light has its LED driven at 1.9A. By changing current sense resistor I got that up to 2.3A and difference in brightness was visible, but increase in heat was almost not worth it. I'm pretty sure triple driver can be modded in the same way.

mtbr member
    Can you guys please tell me how do you measure the Amps when the light is working? I would like to measure mine too because i suspect there is something wrong with it...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post
    Can you guys please tell me how do you measure the Amps when the light is working?
    I have an extension cord that I have 'opened' and I measuer the curent with my Fluke multimeter.
    A cord like this one:
    5.4mm Male to Female Extension Cable for SKU 29489/30864 (100cm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    As Hakan said, you need one of those extension cables, or you need some kind of power supply in 7-8.4V range. If you go for first option, you can cut either wire in that cable and put multimeter on their ends. You need to put red multimeter lead in 10A/20A hole and select appropriate range. Be warned though that current will rise as batteries go down.

mtbr member
    Ok, thanks i will try to do that. I might have a power supply around the house... I would like to test my battery too (to make sure it is providing the right power), but that will be done once i get a cable like that.
    I really think my MJ 808 clone (claimed 1200lm, when the MJ's says 1000lm but is actually ~650 as tested by mtbr) seams to be weaker than most of other clones i see here claiming to be 1600lumens (dont know how that is possible, though).

Anyway sorry for the off-topic!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast