Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New cheapo Chinese LED bike lights 2014 - please post info/link/review link here :)

101K views 370 replies 69 participants last post by  varider 
#1 · (Edited)
New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2014 - please post info/link/review link here :)

I started this thread to post some info about new Chinese lights. Feel free to post new lights here with link and a link to a review (here on MTBR or everywhere else) Let's keep it clean so we can get a good overview and info at one place ;-)

#2 · (Edited)
#3 · (Edited)
... and another one - a 7-UP that I have on the way to review ;)

From FT site: XM-L2 T6 seems neutral white, output current 2.8A, battery pack 8.4V, Modes: Hi > Mid > Lo > SOS.

Depth 60 mm
Height 94 mm
Width 60 mm
Product Weight 362 g

$73.83 TrustFire TR-D014 7*Cree XM-L2 T6 4-Mode 3200LM Cool White Bike Light - US plug charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also available at Lightscastle and Lightscastle Amazon shop but for about $80-90

Product Audio equipment Purple Magenta Violet

Review is here: http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night...t6-4-mode-3000lm-bicycle-light-lc-907810.html

#8 ·
Thanks Garry! Everyone is welcome to post info here. I was little frustrated seeing new thread without a review for every light that newly appears :)

Another stuff - the 7-up ugly one and little pricey too :)

From FT site: XM-L2 T6, battery pack 8.4V, Modes: Hi > Lo > Strobe.

Depth 47 mm
Height 61 mm
Width 172 mm
Product Weight 420 g

$98.08 TrustFire TR-D013 7*Cree XM-L2 T6 3-Mode 3200LM Cool White LED Bike Light - US plug charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Product Technology Cable Laptop accessory Wire

And a single led one:

From FT site: XM-L T6, output current 2.8A, battery pack 8.4V, Modes: Hi > Lo > Strobe.

Cable Length 70 cm
Depth 40 mm
Height 52 mm
Width 51 mm
Product Weight 114 g

$11.97 UltraFire MT-40 1*Cree XM-L T6 3-Mode 900LM Cool White LED Bike Light - gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Audio equipment Product Technology Electronic device Amber

#12 ·
This post has been deleted
#9 ·
I recently received a similar light (from ebay). It's just the single large middle light with the same parallel cell battery holder. It needs attention before I run it long. No thermal paste under the emitter, pill is solid but hardly makes contact to the body. I did not test current output. There is a light behind the button that always has power (IIRC it blinks every couple seconds) so you have to remove batteries when not in use. I mainly bought it as a host due to the 4.2v parallel cell arrangement.

-Garry

#13 ·
Maybe it seems but I don't like to advertise FT or anyone else here. The TF D014 light is also available at Lightscastle (which is the one I get to review, it is available also on their Amazon shop). This thread is here for two main reasons:

1. to keep clean single light discussion dedicated threads from crap posted there.

2. to give clean info where can we find new lights and what is it like if the review exists.

I spent a lot of my time searching through FT, LM, LC, BG, DX, CNQG, KD sites to look what is new. To that date I was doing it only FT and LC site had some new lights so it looks like FT advert. Those new lights won't have a review very soon. But if you find a review of any light mentioned here anywhere feel free to link it.

I am afraid we don't know much about these lights. They appeared just recently. When I find some reviews around I update my posts. If anyone can find a review just reply with quote to keep these up to date. Anyway I like that MT-40 too ;)

Quite like the look of that. Any idea what the low power is?

#16 ·
Anyone own one of these? SecurityIng® 2 x CREE XM-L T6 LED 3-Mode 1800LM Headlamp, CREE LED Lamp Headlight with Adjustable Base (No Battery) - Led Lights - Amazon.com

I recently purchased another, single-led headlamp and easily converted it for helmet use (elastic slips out, velcro goes in), so I'm tempted to try this one with dual Cree setup.

I've noted the runtimes for 2-cell lamps like the Gemini Duo and it seems that with 2 LEDs, you get a decent runtime and lumens if you run them off of max, as opposed to turbo/high mode on a single LED.

Thanks in advance.

#17 · (Edited)
Yes I think Kir reviewed this somewhere around the lights & night riding forum. It is a Klarus BT-20 clone as I can remember.

Something from DX that has been mentioned in the SS X2 thread:

Power Supply: 1 x 12-18650 battery pack (13200mAh, 8.4V, 2 PCS in series and 6 PCS in parallel, included) - a good brick to carry :D
Current: 2.5 x 9A :skep::eekster:
Actual Lumens: 6000lumens (I really doubt ...)
Runtime: 4~5Hour
Number of Modes 5 - Hi , Mid , Low , Fast Strobe , SOS

With the classic ridiculous cheap plastic mount :thumbsup: I saw some 15 XM-L torches around China so I am patiently waiting for a 15 led light :D

SingFire SF-823 9 x Cree XM-L T6 6000lm 5-Mode White Memory Bike Light - Black + Red (12 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Audio equipment Product Lighting Automotive lighting Technology

The 3 -clone that I am long being temped with. Seems to be the one among the smaller lights around and with XM-L2:

Current: 3 x 2500A ... hmmm no way
Theoretical Luminous: 3 x 800lumens
Actual Luminous: 3 x 400lumens
Runtime: 2.5Hour
Mode Arrangement: Hi,Mid,Low,Fast Strobe,SOS
Tailcap power switch, head side mode switch; Long press the mode switch to enter into fast strobe mode.

Anyway I like this light, UI is almost like MJ-880 clone.

WindFire 3 x CREE XM-L T6 1200lm 5-Mode White Bicycle Light - Red (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Product Bag Luggage and bags Strap Shoulder bag

And the single XM-L2 with claimed 700 lumens and 2-3 hrs run-time :)

MarsFire M06 CREE XM-L2 T6 3-Mode 700LM White Bike Light / Headlamp - Deep Pink (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Product Automotive lighting Carmine Motorcycle accessories Plastic

#18 ·
3800 lumens for $27

This is the best $27 I have spent. I have one on handlebar, and one on helmet. I just ordered a flood lens for the bar light, and will try it this week. I've pushed battery to 90 minutes on high (3 settings) and the back indicator was still green. Really my only issue is I hate the rubber band mounts - they wobble too much on technical terrain. I've tried gorilla tape around the base to hold it, but then it's hard to adjust. Now I have a rubber handlebar shim around the base, so the rubber band doesn't move.

Also I don't use the head straps. I cut them off, and mounted the mounting plate directly to my dedicated night helmet (Urge Enduromatic) with gorilla tape. Sorta ghetto but works perfectly. Approx 25 night rides in the last year, all on really technical backcountry terrain.

Amazon.com : 3x CREE XML T6 LED Bicycle Headlight 4 Modes 3800 Lumens + battery + charger : Bike Headlights : Sports & Outdoors

Automotive lighting Fender Headlamp Light Toy

#24 ·
#30 ·
Cat, I don't think the focus is adjustable, I think they are referring t the fact that you can operate each side (narrow/far) independently. Thoughts on going through Lightmalls vs. the same one on eBay?

#32 ·
Okay, I think I understand what they're doing. One side is using a shallower reflector ( for close in flood ), the other is more narrow for throw. Low beam is likely only the shallow side led on, high only the narrow side led and Duel is both. Last is the strobe. I would of rather preferred a normal three mode ( plus "press and hold strobe ) so all of the LED's would be lit at the same time regardless of mode. Nope, I'd rather buy a regular Duo-clone and just change one of the optics for a wider beam ( If I thought I needed that ).

As to the Lightmalls vs. eBay...ehhhh...no matter what you chose it's still rolling the dice. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.