Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I am considering it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    I'd have a go at it if they sold the light head only (hint hint Lightmalls!).

-Garry

mtbr member
    ^^^Agree...need a head-only option on most of these.

mtbr member
    Indeed....looks interesting. I'm curious to know how the adjustable focus works. I also like that it's using the same Duo-clone body but with alterations. Notice that it even includes a small hood over the front of the led's. The Chinese are getting more inventive.

mtbr member
    Cat, I don't think the focus is adjustable, I think they are referring t the fact that you can operate each side (narrow/far) independently. Thoughts on going through Lightmalls vs. the same one on eBay?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    They are just about the same, appeared just recently those Uniquefire HD-016.

I found one single XM-L adjustable from DX:

COFLY Zooming Bike Light

New cheapo Chinese LED bike lights 2014 - please post info/link/review link here :)-sku_241508_5.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    Cat, I don't think the focus is adjustable, I think they are referring t the fact that you can operate each side (narrow/far) independently. Thoughts on going through Lightmalls vs. the same one on eBay?
    Okay, I think I understand what they're doing. One side is using a shallower reflector ( for close in flood ), the other is more narrow for throw. Low beam is likely only the shallow side led on, high only the narrow side led and Duel is both. Last is the strobe. I would of rather preferred a normal three mode ( plus "press and hold strobe ) so all of the LED's would be lit at the same time regardless of mode. Nope, I'd rather buy a regular Duo-clone and just change one of the optics for a wider beam ( If I thought I needed that ).

As to the Lightmalls vs. eBay...ehhhh...no matter what you chose it's still rolling the dice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Nope, I'd rather buy a regular Duo-clone and just change one of the optics for a wider beam ( If I thought I needed that ).
    Exactly, I wrote something similar in the dedicated thread. This HD016 looses a bit of universality using different reflectors

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I got these MT-05 and MT-05s lights recently for the kids. They use one on the helmet and one on the handlebar. Broad beam version has lens with diffuser. Narrow beam uses a reflector. Cheap from Fastech and so far I've been really impressed with them. Use the XML-L2 U2 emitter (die is silver colour not green). More info and pics here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigWorld View Post
    I got these MT-05 and MT-05s lights recently for the kids. They use one on the helmet and one on the handlebar. Broad beam version has lens with diffuser. Narrow beam uses a reflector. Cheap from Fastech and so far I've been really impressed with them. Use the XML-L2 U2 emitter (die is silver colour not green). More info and pics here.
    Thanks TigWorld! I've wondered about that MT-05S light! So tell us more. Is it all flood with very little throw? 1A @ 8.4v, does this mean the output at the LED is close to 2A? 2A sounds decent, esp. for a stock light. How's the build quality? Heatsinking?

Thanks,
    Garry

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The light output for both types is good. The spread beam version is perfect on the handlebars and puts out a nice wide beam and is brighter, bigger and more consistent than my Magicshine clone with broad beam diffuser lens. It does not have a lot of throw, but combined with the non-S version on the helmet it is almost the perfect lightweight, long run-time setup for offroad singletrack. Heat dissapation seems good, although its winter here so every light runs pretty cool. The ring light is an interesting addition. It's a very diffuse, not too bright light that is good for trailside mechanical repairs or seeing around camp at night.

Yep. 1A @ 8.4V so taking into account the driver losses, maybe 1.6-1.8A at the emitter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the info, these ones are also on my "to review" list

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    HD016 appeared at FT site too, spec 1800lm and tint temp: 6500-7500K.

Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    Exactly, I wrote something similar in the dedicated thread. This HD016 looses a bit of universality using different reflectors

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I bought these for my kids and full power for over 3 hours. Only have one ride with them so don't know how durable they are.

5000 Lumens 2X CREE XM L U2 LED Cycling Bike Bicycle Light Headlamp Headlight | eBay

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yes, that is probably the most popular and cloned budget light in past 2-3 years which dedicated thread holds about 20-30 pages

Edited: Epic SS X2 thread holds 37 pages
    Last edited by MK96; 06-05-2014 at 04:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
    I bought these for my kids and full power for over 3 hours. Only have one ride with them so don't know how durable they are.

5000 Lumens 2X CREE XM L U2 LED Cycling Bike Bicycle Light Headlamp Headlight | eBay
    These are bright lights. You didn't mention how old your kids were but if they are under 12yrs of age they need to know that these lamps can blind people if used improperly.

...makes me remember my first bike lights, which back in those days were the cheap 2watt D-cell, silver tear drop shaped lamps that bolted to the handlebars. They didn't provide much light but as a kid I didn't care as long as I could avoid hitting a pot hole. Ah, those were the days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post

Went for a quick ride last night and these ebay lights are brighter then my Magicshine LM1400 that I bought years ago for over $150. Hell Im gonna get me one to mount on my helmet! Cant beat them for the price IMO

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Found something new again @ KD:

Name:  635367579068750000_med.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  11.4 KB

seems interesting & small enough Claimed high mode 3A@4.2V

mtbr member
    Looks like optics vs. reflectors. Cool looking...kind of Jetson's like!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    So, anyone got their MT-40?

mtbr member
    Good idea

New cheapo Chinese LED bike lights 2014 - please post info/link/review link here :)-635367579639590000.jpg
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigWorld View Post

NOTE: I just received one of the MT-05s (supposedly with the wide angle lens as shown above) and while it is gold in color it does NOT have the wide angle lens! I'm contacting FastTech support on it. Ugh! This was the major reason I chose it! I did receive my order in 8 days though!

-Garry

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    Quite like the look of that. Any idea what the low power is?
    Had the MT40 for about six weeks. Fasttech sent another out when the original didn't arrive.
    Its quite spotty, probably good for the helmet or on the highway. It wasn't much help as a bar light on the local hilly descents.
    I have stippled the reflector which might help a little.

Current draw at 7V is 800/200mA. No noticeable flicker on low so its better than my cheap MS clone.

Knurling isn't the best quality, inside the LED is nicely stuck down but no thermal compound between the pill and the case.

All in all pretty happy for the price.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Small update to the Windfire trishot XM-L2 - the review: WindFire 3 x CREE XM-L T6 1200lm 5-Mode

Attachment 887410

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    A better idea rather than using a cheapo chinese bicycle lights is... to use a good cheap 12v x 4 XM-L U2 light for ATV / UTV rated at 2500-2600 of true lumens. You can buy only a head and equip it with a good 12-14v battery. The pros are that such light stays not overheated even when not moving (due to its size) and it provides a wider beam and is brighter even than Gloworm XS. The cons is that you will get only one-mode light (but you could change the driver and add a remote control).
    30W 12V 3000LM CREE T6 LED Driving Fog Light Lamp Rally Ranger 4x4 Dirt ATV | eBay

2x 2 Inch 30W 3600LM CREE Led Work Light Bar Spot Off road Boat Lamp UTE ATV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast