Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016

This is the 2016 lights thread to get quick overview with some basic information to keep it clean and useful.

I found a nice commuter light @ DX, uses TIR optics and is powered by 3 AAA cells and might be converted to 10440 li-ion/lifepo. No way it has thousands of lumes, but still may be usable for city commuting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-sku_419226_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Meh, 1600 lumens (at least) or it's not a light

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We are used to exaggerated lumen claims Divide by 5-10 and you get the real estimate ...

mtbr member
    Should have mentioned that I was talking about real OTF 1600 lumens, that's about 2800 chinese lumens
    I reckon this year we will have MTG2 as well as XHP for the first time in bike lights package :P

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    From the product specs.....

Theoretical Lumens 30lumens
    Actual Lumens 20lumens

I'm guessing this won't be the next hot seller.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Nope, but a commuter light for $5. What power can you expect from 3 AAA

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    It doesn't throw any light to the side. I don't think it would make a good commuter light.
    You'd be invisible side on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    A good commuter light needs to be bright enough to see and to be seen. And if it is bright enough it also needs a beam pattern that does not blind other road users (read cut off beam). A light that blinds others is dangerous, and in many places illegal.

RAKC/ITUO
    Ran across this one:

Looks like a spiker clone. Like the QR mount it has, wish wed see that more or could find mount by itself. Not a bad price though.

Fandyfire 2 x CREE XM - L2 T6 2000Lm LED Bike Light
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

Life on 2 wheels is the only life for me. Especially once it gets dark.

mtbr member
    How about triple twins
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-sku_418458_2.jpg
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-sku_418458_1.jpg
    Also available in blue color
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-sku_418457_2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Not CREE emitters inside. They are clearly LatticeBright XL leds.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Nice find Sirius9. We have to cope with the fact, that these leds are entering the market. I recently bought a car led bulb that was supposed to have a Cree Q5 and I received a bulb with different led.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes, in the last two years those fake leds are entering to the cheap market more and more. Still think we need to make users aware of it and make a comments each time. It is very easy to overlook that fact. In this particular case DX is not describing leds as Cree but still using XM-L T6 (which are not, correct is only XL) so the buyer can still be missleaded.

See all LB products: Products-JiangXi Latticebright Corporation
    and XL: XL-JiangXi Latticebright Corporation

mtbr member
    Well, the market or should I say WE forced this constantly looking to get cheaper and cheaper product, discounts, coupon codes, group buys... That's why the first generation of some light like SRK was best quality and all subsequent generations were just copies with different quality dropping issues.
    What can you expect in 2016: much more holow housings/pills, disappointingly low quality drivers, "UltraFire" level battery packs for lights that come in sets, LaticeBright emitters (because they are cheaper than genuine Cree) ...
    Basically, if you are looking for a good quality light avoid this thread at all costs...

RAKC/ITUO
    Would be nice to see some decent new stuff that isnt so cheap/cheaply made. But your right. People being stupidly cheap (I have been guilty a time or 2) created this mess.

Only chance is catching new "brands" mostly cause the known cheap brands have already gone this route. Still have hope for nitefighter though and would be nice if yinding created something new since they got it right and still produce decent lights.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius9 View Post
    How about triple twins
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sku_418458_2.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	1040838

Name:	sku_418457_2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1040840
    I saw these the other day while skimming through DX. I like the build but the set-up only has a high and low UI. Would of been more interesting if it had used optics and had a better 3-4 mode UI.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius9 View Post
    Well, the market or should I say WE forced this constantly looking to get cheaper and cheaper product, discounts, coupon codes, group buys... That's why the first generation of some light like SRK was best quality and all subsequent generations were just copies with different quality dropping issues.
    What can you expect in 2016: much more holow housings/pills, disappointingly low quality drivers, "UltraFire" level battery packs for lights that come in sets, LaticeBright emitters (because they are cheaper than genuine Cree) ...
    Basically, if you are looking for a good quality light avoid this thread at all costs...
    Unfortunately I have to agree with most of what you said. Even so it doesn't mean that buying and using a cheap Chinese lamp can't work. It might have crappy thermal properties, cheap components and knock-off emitters but if it works, provides a decent beam pattern, has a usable UI and a decent battery/Charger it can be a cheap way to enter the sport of "Night Mountain biking". While doubtful you can buy something decent in a complete package, if you know what to buy ( and what not to buy ) you can still get something usable that will work.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that we talk about this stuff so people ( looking for cheaper options ) might find something that will work. Nevertheless you will always be "rolling the dice" when it comes to buying a cheap Chinese made lamp.

JFR
    mtbr member
    Thanks for starting a new thread for 2016. I need a new bar mount flood to pair with my Xeccon S12 Two helmet spot light (a great long throw I found recommended a couple years ago by members in this forum including the cat man if I remember correctly).

While looking for a new bar flood, I was pooring over the threads again and it sounded like the Nightfighter BT40S was a good option, only I can't seem to find it anywhere. I found a Revtronic BT40S on Amazon but I'm not feeling as confident with that since it could be a crappy clone.

A lighthead only is totally an option as I already have 2 good battery's from mtbrevolution and a questionable battery that came with the bar light I'm replacing.

Below is the light I'm replacing.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021521

With 2 and 1/2 seasons of heavy use (frequent use at full power; mix of road and bouncy cx & mtb) it is now turning itself off for no good reason. (Unplug from battery, plug back in and it works for a few minutes and then shuts down again; indicator switch lights go out also.) This was a good light, I'm half tempted to buy another one but I'm curious if there is something better now (and more durable). I could also go for an even wider flood if available, since the S12 handles distance so incredibly well.

So guys, what do you recommend as a bar light (lighthead only) that is currently available in the $50 - $100 range that has a wide/flood beam pattern and decent quality?

mtbr member
    That Revtronic BT40S is a verified Nitefighter BT40s. NiteFighters name is changing to Revtronic due to copyright infringement. (There's a thread about it with a link over to BLF where "Andy" of Nitefighter posted about it - even posted that he could provide a discount code.)

Love my BT40s, but mine is heavily modded. In stock form it's good too, but you'll likely be running on Turbo most of the time wishing you had another mode higher.

-Garry

JFR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    That Revtronic BT40S is a verified Nitefighter BT40s. NiteFighters name is changing to Revtronic due to copyright infringement. (There's a thread about it with a link over to BLF where "Andy" of Nitefighter posted about it - even posted that he could provide a discount code.)

Love my BT40s, but mine is heavily modded. In stock form it's good too, but you'll likely be running on Turbo most of the time wishing you had another mode higher.

-Garry
    Thanks Garry, I see that thread now.

I am not one to modify my lights in any way, I'm a simpleton in that regard.

I tend to run my lights in the full power mode unless I have reason to conserve battery power, which typically I don't since most of my night rides are right around the 2 - 2.5hr mark and I have yet to run out of battery (knock on wood). The KD I linked above had a good amount of lumen at full power (which wasn't all that brighter than the middle power mode). I know I do not want to go backwards in the lumen department, but I also don't feel I really need more (just wider spread if possible).

RAKC/ITUO
    Well the KD you linked makes about 1200 lumens. Bt40s is about to 1400 with a wider beam angle. I have one of the KD lights too and love it.

your issue is probably either a bad connection in the battery pack or the battery cable in the light tripping protection and shutting light off.

Not going to gain durability sticking with cheap lights. 2.5 seasons is pretty good for the price of the lights
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JFR View Post
    Thanks Garry, I see that thread now.

I am not one to modify my lights in any way, I'm a simpleton in that regard.

I tend to run my lights in the full power mode unless I have reason to conserve battery power, which typically I don't since most of my night rides are right around the 2 - 2.5hr mark and I have yet to run out of battery (knock on wood). The KD I linked above had a good amount of lumen at full power (which wasn't all that brighter than the middle power mode). I know I do not want to go backwards in the lumen department, but I also don't feel I really need more (just wider spread if possible).
    I see action-led-lights.com has last years Gemini Olympia on for $109 for the lamp head only. I know it's touch over your budget but is an honest 1500 lumen flood light. Keep in mind it doesn't have the best thermal step down as it will go from the high setting to low once the thermal steps in. If you climb on the med setting instead of high this shouldn't be a problem. This way you have stepped up in quality and if in the US will have it in your hands in a couple days.

mtbr member
    Thanks for starting a new thread for 2016. I need a new bar mount flood to pair with my Xeccon S12 Two helmet spot light (a great long throw I found recommended a couple years ago by members in this forum including the cat man if I remember correctly).

While looking for a new bar flood, I was pooring over the threads again and it sounded like the Nightfighter BT40S was a good option, only I can't seem to find it anywhere. I found a Revtronic BT40S on Amazon but I'm not feeling as confident with that since it could be a crappy clone.

A lighthead only is totally an option as I already have 2 good battery's from mtbrevolution and a questionable battery that came with the bar light I'm replacing.

Below is the light I'm replacing.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021521

With 2 and 1/2 seasons of heavy use (frequent use at full power; mix of road and bouncy cx & mtb) it is now turning itself off for no good reason. (Unplug from battery, plug back in and it works for a few minutes and then shuts down again; indicator switch lights go out also.) This was a good light, I'm half tempted to buy another one but I'm curious if there is something better now (and more durable). I could also go for an even wider flood if available, since the S12 handles distance so incredibly well.

So guys, what do you recommend as a bar light (lighthead only) that is currently available in the $50 - $100 range that has a wide/flood beam pattern and decent quality?
    Not a lighthead only but I have this light and it puts out a nice amount of light, Xeccon Spiker 1210. Amazon.com : XECCON SPIKER 1210 Bike 4x1600 Lumen Bicycle Front Head Light : Sports & Outdoors

You are are already familiar with Xeccon's quality and it is shipped from Amazon here in the USA. $79.00 shipped.

JFR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Well the KD you linked makes about 1200 lumens. Bt40s is about to 1400 with a wider beam angle. I have one of the KD lights too and love it.

your issue is probably either a bad connection in the battery pack or the battery cable in the light tripping protection and shutting light off.

Not going to gain durability sticking with cheap lights. 2.5 seasons is pretty good for the price of the lights
    Yep, no real complaint for what I got out of the KD. It's a little disappointing, but I understand there is a bit of a gamble the less one spends. Thanks for the BT40s comparison and ideas of what may be the issue with the KD. I'll try it with a different battery and open it up to see what I see. Thanks again.

JFR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry hound View Post
    Not a lighthead only but I have this light and it puts out a nice amount of light, Xeccon Spiker 1210. Amazon.com : XECCON SPIKER 1210 Bike 4x1600 Lumen Bicycle Front Head Light : Sports & Outdoors

You are are already familiar with Xeccon's quality and it is shipped from Amazon here in the USA. $79.00 shipped.
    Oooh, the Xeccon flood brother to my X12... discounted and with a battery. Thanks!

JFR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    I see action-led-lights.com has last years Gemini Olympia on for $109 for the lamp head only. I know it's touch over your budget but is an honest 1500 lumen flood light. Keep in mind it doesn't have the best thermal step down as it will go from the high setting to low once the thermal steps in. If you climb on the med setting instead of high this shouldn't be a problem. This way you have stepped up in quality and if in the US will have it in your hands in a couple days.
    Very nice option there. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oooh, the Xeccon flood brother to my X12... discounted and with a battery. Thanks!
    Yes I would think the Spiker 1210 *might combo very well with your S-12. I also think that your other lamp ( the 880 clone ) would of made a good bar light as well. Sad that it began to act up. Might just be an intermittent break in the power lead ( wire ) or a problem with the battery/plug wire. Sometimes these are easy to fix if you can isolate the problem and handle a little DIY.

What ever lamp you chose to replace the 880 clone with just make sure the next lamp has some throw as well as some flood. The S-12 uses a very narrow beam pattern to achieve the throw it has. It really does need another lamp with decent output / throw to help fill in the dead spots when riding at speed. While it's nice to have a bar lamp with more "close-in" illumination, if you're going to use the S-12 it would be better to sacrifice a little of that flood for a bit more throw. To do that I would recommend something like the duel emitter Yinding or even better a Gloworm X2. I've used the S-12 with a GW X2 ( on the bars _ and found the two to work very well together. *The Spiker 1210 I have no personal experience with but I figure it to provide a beam pattern with a decent flood. I have no idea what kind of throw it may offer though.

JFR
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Yes I would think the Spiker 1210 *might combo very well with your S-12. I also think that your other lamp ( the 880 clone ) would of made a good bar light as well. Sad that it began to act up. Might just be an intermittent break in the power lead ( wire ) or a problem with the battery/plug wire. Sometimes these are easy to fix if you can isolate the problem and handle a little DIY.

What ever lamp you chose to replace the 880 clone with just make sure the next lamp has some throw as well as some flood. The S-12 uses a very narrow beam pattern to achieve the throw it has. It really does need another lamp with decent output / throw to help fill in the dead spots when riding at speed. While it's nice to have a bar lamp with more "close-in" illumination, if you're going to use the S-12 it would be better to sacrifice a little of that flood for a bit more throw. To do that I would recommend something like the duel emitter Yinding or even better a Gloworm X2. I've used the S-12 with a GW X2 ( on the bars _ and found the two to work very well together. *The Spiker 1210 I have no personal experience with but I figure it to provide a beam pattern with a decent flood. I have no idea what kind of throw it may offer though.
    I've seen Yinding mentioned in a few threads but none with a link (in the few I've read) or enough model information to know what lamp is really being referenced. Can you please elaborate on that one or provide a link?

I know what you mean about filling in the X12 a little. I found myself being very picky about the orientation of my bar mount. If the lighthead was bounced to pointing down a little I would get a gap between my far and near light. Bounced up and I would lose some of my near light. It had to be just right and I would find myself making minor adjustments during a ride.

When adjusted just right the combo was good, among the best on group rides. I've had more than one person ask about my lights, especially the S12.

I opened up my KD and found the red wire coming in from the battery had been grazed by one of the fastening screws and the casing had been stripped away showing raw wire. I carefully wrapped a tiny strip of electrical tape around the exposed wire and buttoned everything back up. It's been running on high in front of a fan for 2hs straight now. I may be back in business!

But it's kind of bitter/sweet. I was getting that new toy anticipation for getting a new light. There were some great suggestions made. Thanks again for everybody's replies. You guys are very helpful.

RAKC/ITUO
    There is no need for more info, yinding has only one model of light. And not sure where else besides gearbest carries it.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post

It does have a nice wide flood pattern with a fairly decent throw. Here is the beam shot from the MTBR Light Shootout 2014. It would probably pair well with the S12 that he has.

New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-2014-mtbr-tunnel-test-xeccon-spiker-1210-1024x682.jpg

JFR
    mtbr member
    There is no need for more info, yinding has only one model of light. And not sure where else besides gearbest carries it.
    Ah, gotchya. I found it at gearbest. A very affordable option. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-tb25z0acfxxxxamxpxxxxxxxxxx_-739759954.jpg
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-img_6172.jpg
    Picked this guy up for about 13 Singaporean bucks and I'd say she's pretty damn bright

They say it uses CREE XLamp XM-L2 (2 of them) diodes.

It does get pretty damn hot at max setting (it has 3 levels and a blinking mode) I'm tempted to try and stuff 2 aluminium rods in there with thermal paste to help with cooling.

RAKC/ITUO
    That would be a "ss x2" clone. And lattice bright emitters. around 500-600 lumens output. Not bad for the cheap price. It getting hot isnt a bad thing, their meant to be used with air flow. Will get really hot if your not moving. That's the nature of any lights like these.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    That would be a "ss x2" clone. And lattice bright emitters. around 500-600 lumens output. Not bad for the cheap price. It getting hot isnt a bad thing, their meant to be used with air flow. Will get really hot if your not moving. That's the nature of any lights like these.
    I can't tell between cree and lattice bright so here's a pic lol
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-img_6177.jpg

And here's the driver board
    New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-img_6174.jpg

What I really like about this light is that it runs off usb power so I can choose how long the battery will last along with being able to charge my phone when I need to using a power bank.

It still does get pretty warm when I'm moving around, I might look into getting a copper rod to cut to size and stuff inside for heat dissipation. I have already applied thermal paste to the contact surfaces of the LED pill and the casing, helps a little but not enough :/

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Using a USB power bank to run a light is pretty low on power efficiency.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

RAKC/ITUO
    The first pic before was lattice bright, what ur showing now is cree
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Using a USB power bank to run a light is pretty low on power efficiency.
    ohwell my 10400mah xiaomi bank does last pretty long for the light and having something I can use to charge my phone or my speaker is also pretty cool :P

Oh sweet, so it was actually a cree, that's nice

something I've noticed was one of the lights were warmer in color than the other, I wonder if this was by design ._.
    Last edited by Razroid; 01-20-2016 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hey everyone, I did my first night ride in the fall and immediately fell in love, using a LBS loaner 2000lumen light. I have been researching various lights and i'm no stranger to china products. Coming from a downhill racing background a light with some good distance output is a must, but being a student going with a knock-off might be the best option for my first lights.

After reading through the 2015 cheap-o-lights I sent a quote request to Helen Lee of of Blackshadow Technology on alibaba.com for the SolarStorm XT40 thinking thats the unit I plan to use on my helmet, the response I received explained that model has now been replaced with the X6. And after doing more research concluded the X6 has a shorter throw , lessened quality, and overall lower light output then the BL40.

Next light on my list is the NiteFighter BL40 which seems to be a solid light but is harder to find on alibaba or aliexpress. Being that I'm up in Canada ordering from an American site is ridiculous due to our dollar. My question to all of you is what is my ideal light setup, around 2000 lumens for the helmet and something for the bars? Please let me know what you think.
    -Sean

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slhazy View Post
    Hey everyone, I did my first night ride in the fall and immediately fell in love, using a LBS loaner 2000lumen light. I have been researching various lights and i'm no stranger to china products. Coming from a downhill racing background a light with some good distance output is a must, but being a student going with a knock-off might be the best option for my first lights.

After reading through the 2015 cheap-o-lights I sent a quote request to Helen Lee of of Blackshadow Technology on alibaba.com for the SolarStorm XT40 thinking thats the unit I plan to use on my helmet, the response I received explained that model has now been replaced with the X6. And after doing more research concluded the X6 has a shorter throw , lessened quality, and overall lower light output then the BL40.

Next light on my list is the NiteFighter BL40 which seems to be a solid light but is harder to find on alibaba or aliexpress. Being that I'm up in Canada ordering from an American site is ridiculous due to our dollar. My question to all of you is what is my ideal light setup, around 2000 lumens for the helmet and something for the bars? Please let me know what you think.
    -Sean
    Being from Canada myself I feel for you trying to find a decent price on a light that isn't crap especially with our joke of a dollar. You been a student I understand how you will have limited funds. What is your max budget?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    Being from Canada myself I feel for you trying to find a decent price on a light that isn't crap especially with our joke of a dollar. You been a student I understand how you will have limited funds. What is your max budget?
    I figured I wasn't the only one from Canada on this massive forum, but realistically probably spend around $100 for a decent helmet light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slhazy View Post
    I figured I wasn't the only one from Canada on this massive forum, but realistically probably spend around $100 for a decent helmet light.
    Canada...isn't that the city where they make the ginger ale? ( *snicker* )
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 01-28-2016 at 11:46 PM. Reason: spelling

RAKC/ITUO
    ^^lol
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Haha!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Hey tigriss, so to clarify are the second set of photos that Razroid posted (the ones of the emitters, with the "HND-X2-V3" text on them) showing real Creek XM-L U2 emitters? I have a couple of X2's that look identical inside, with the same circuit board inside. They were supposed to have Cree XM-L U2 emitters but I'm wondering if they are something else, Lattice bright or something.

Mine aren't all that bright, probably less output than my old Magicshine 808 clones which are only a single emitter.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Here's a couple of photos of the emitters.

New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-emitter_close.jpg

New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-emitter_close2.jpg

New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-ssx2_emitters.jpg

And for fun, a photo of the charger. I think this might be one of the ones that I should toss in the garbage? I would like to test it but I can't figure out how to do it. I have a multimeter but I can't figure out what to set the dial to...yes I'm not exactly an electronics expert ! : )

New cheap-o Chinese LED bike lights 2016-ssx2_charger.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB2 View Post

Name:	emitter_close2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	1046147
    Compared with this it looks like a fake.:
    LatticeBright vs. XML RMM_zpsprjrockb.jpg Photo by Denbarrett | Photobucket

- The Fake-Cree LED Awareness Thread - The new "low" in Budget lights. | BudgetLightForum.com

Runs out to the garage to check all my lights...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    And for fun, a photo of the charger. I think this might be one of the ones that I should toss in the garbage? I would like to test it but I can't figure out how to do it. I have a multimeter but I can't figure out what to set the dial to...yes I'm not exactly an electronics expert ! : )
    About leds:- Lattice Bright for shure, no doubt.

About charger: Set your DMM to 20V DC, plug charger and measure it's voltage output. Inner terminal is positive and outer part is negative.
    If any good you should measure about 8.45V. If over 8.5V you should not use it to charge your packs (unless they have 4.35V cells which they don't)

RAKC/ITUO
    That charger matches my "detonator" as I am calling it now. I keep it around for charging 4.35v cells I have. If you have a properly protected pack its not so bad to use it (ive done it but pack was in a lipo charging safety bag) but I wouldnt if you have another option. Everyt charger I have has been fine except the 2 with Red print, first one I didnt care about and cut the connector off, second one I hung onto for my 4.35v cells (though their damn protection is set at 4.25v so ripped it off 2 of them)
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Name:	emitter_close.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	1046143

Name:	emitter_close2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	1046147

Name:	SSX2_emitters.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	1046148

Name:	SSX2_Charger.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	1046144
    Yup, looks different from mine, mine has tiny dots all over instead of bars

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks everyone for your help. I will contact the seller and see what they have to say. Ledoman, thanks for the tutorial about how to test the charger. I will certainly test it. I haven't used either of the two and I'll just bin them if they don't match spec. As a matter of fact I have four other chargers that came with my old MS clones that I'll test too while I'm at it and all let you know what I find.

If i wanted to test battery voltage with the multimeter, would I use the same procedure, using the battery connector?

Tigriss thanks for the chuckle. I've been charging everything in a steel ammo box ever since I started reading about dodgy chargers and batteries

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast