Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New 2x XML-2 on lightmalls

Black color UniqueFire HD-016 2*Cree XM-L2 4 Modes Max1800 lumens bike light with Waterproof 4*18650 battery set - 2LED Bike Light - LED Bicycle Lights - Bike Lights & Headlamps Worldwide Free Shipping!!!

Looks to have a different beam pattern for each side..cool or not? Battery is rubber-coated which is also nice.

Edit. Looks like one side sits further back (if that makes sense) than the other..maybe a different reflector? Says beam pattern is adjustable.
    Last edited by TiGeo; 05-26-2014 at 04:55 AM.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Looks sweet!

mtbr member
    There's a little stylized graphic on the hood of the light that shows one side is spot and the other flood.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Would be nice if they would offer it without battery pack.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    How many lumens is it realistically capable of producing?

mtbr member
    I would guess 900?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I was stoked until I saw that it doesn't appear to be truly adjustable. I'm not sure how nice it would be to have two different focal points. It certainly is interesting, though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Should be posted in the 2014 cheap-o new lights thread I saw that light couple of days ago, but didn't draw much my attention. MJ-880, SS X2 and a couple of other 2 XM-Ls are far better moddable with tir optics than this due to different size of reflectors - judging from the pictures. But the light comes in 5 colors if anyone is interested Seems like it has electronics from SS X2 but at least you can expect that leds don't share the same MCPCB ...

mtbr member
    Ah, just found this thread on this light. I like the idea of one side spot, one side flood (definitely not adjustable), but do wonder how it performs in reality.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Here is an ebay listing with beamshots and other photos:
    Super Bright 5000LM XM L2 X2 LED CREE Bike Bicycle Cycling Light Headlamps Torch | eBay

-Garry

mtbr member
    I think that looks badd@ss - especially the ability to run the far and near separately or together....may need to order this one for $39!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for posting it to the overview! If you get it, write here some words about it I've found a zoomable single XM-L bike light recently. Maybe I should get it and compare them both. BTW 5000 lumens?????? We were used to divide the claimed parameters by 2, now we need to divide them by 4

mtbr member
    Woah-up folks...I don't think this is adjustable beyond being able to run the up-close/far away sides independently.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yes, that is clear, it just has 2 different reflectors.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Actually this light looks somewhat like a copy of Niteye B20

New 2x XML-2 on lightmalls-1332917876.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I just ordered one in red from ebay. Won't be here for several weeks, but looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    Here is an ebay listing with beamshots and other photos:
    Super Bright 5000LM XM L2 X2 LED CREE Bike Bicycle Cycling Light Headlamps Torch | eBay

-Garry

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    This light looks really interesting, hope there will be some reviews soon!
    Here is another seller with more colors to choose from:

UniqueFire Waterproof 5000LM X2 XM-L2 LED Cree Bike Bicycle Cycling Light | eBay

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    New 2x XML-2 on lightmalls-photo-1.jpgNew 2x XML-2 on lightmalls-photo-2.jpgNew 2x XML-2 on lightmalls-photo-3.jpgNew 2x XML-2 on lightmalls-photo-4.jpg
    Mine arrived today (surprisingly fast shipping, I think it was 7 days!). I haven't had it out on the trail yet, but so far I like it.
    Not as bright as my Yinding Duo clone, and it's larger, but should make a decent bar light, and the tiny Yinding will stay on my helmet.
    I do wish the modes were in the opposite order. I'm sure I'll use this with both leds on 90% of the time, so it would be nice if the first push of the button turned them both on. But instead, it's flood mode first, then spot mode, then both on, then a long push to shut it off. Not a big deal, but the opposite order would be nice.

I'll post back after I get it out on the trail, but for $35 shipped (and received in a week from ebay), overall, I'm happy with it so far.

mtbr member
    Cool! Waiting to hear how distinct "flood" is from "throw". Give us some beamshots!
    -Garry

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'll try to get some beam shots when I get a chance. But I can tell you that the "spot" beam is pretty much what you'd expect from a single led with a deep, smooth reflector, nothing real unique there.
    But the "flood" beam is REALLY floody. It's kind of like those zooming flashlights, you get that ring (kind of a yellow ring) around the outside edge of the beam.
    My guess is that the ring won't really be noticeable out on the trail when both leds are on.

I think the obvious next evolution is for a manufacturer to offer a light like this (one that has flood and spot) that uses optics rather then reflectors, just for a better, cleaner beam quality.
    But at $35, I'm not complaining!

Light freak

Don't expect too much from a combination light

I remember building a combination spot/flood light with relfectors awhile back - Amoeba received

I remember it being kind of like a dual sport motorcycle - a half a**ed street bike and a half a**ssed dirt bike

mtbr member
    I'd like to attempt making the outer two LEDs of my SolarStorm X3 diffused for "flood" and keep the center for "throw" (at least as much throw as a 21mm reflector can give).
    -Garry

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, I'm sure plenty of people who ride dual sports would disagree, including a few friends. They do what they were designed to do.
    And considering many people opt for a flood light AND a spot light, I don't see how having them in the same light is any different.
    The Mickey Mouse lights from magicshine (with a center spot light, and two side flood lights) put out a pretty impressive beam.

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    I remember building a combination spot/flood light with relfectors awhile back - Amoeba received

I remember it being kind of like a dual sport motorcycle - a half a**ed street bike and a half a**ssed dirt bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    I'd like to attempt making the outer two LEDs of my SolarStorm X3 diffused for "flood" and keep the center for "throw" (at least as much throw as a 21mm reflector can give).
    -Garry
    I wonder if you took two of those wide angle lenses for the 808 style and mod it smaller to fit those Duo's and have good results .
    "The pity train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up and Get Over It."

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I got out for a short ride, just to check out the new light (it needs a name!). I used it on my handlebar, with the Yinding Duo clone on my helmet.
    Before I go into my thoughts on this light, I want to put it in perspective. I usually ride with a triple XML on my bars.

With that said, I was a little disappointed with the overall output of this light. I wish it were a little brighter.
    Now, someone that was new to night riding, or someone coming from a "be seen" commuter light might be totally impressed with this light. But compared to my triple xml, and even compared to my Yinding Duo clone, it came up a little short for me.

Again, put this in perspective.....it's only $35! A decent case of beer is that much. I paid $50 for my triple xml a year ago, AND I had to put out an additional $50 to upgrade to a more powerful battery, so that light ran me $100 total. So, I really can't complain about this $35 light.
    And if someone bought two of these (1 for bars, 1 for helmet), I think they'd be totally happy with that set up.

The flood is really floody and it alone has NO throw. But it will put light on the ground under you, the canopy over you, and the trees/bushes to the sides of you. The spot is a typical single led spot. throws ok, little to no spill.
    Both lights on give you nice coverage, just not super bright. Use two of them, or use it in conjunction with another bright helmet light, and I think you'll be happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast