mtbr member
    Nov 2011

need some review of branded battery

want to buy some branded batteries. Can guys offer some good review of battery: such as some headlamp battery pack

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    What kind of batteries are you looking at? There are lots of them out there. Do you mean AA, AAA, NimH or what?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    18650 li-ion battery

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I recently picked up a pair of Callies Kustom 3100mAh and they are doing well in 35-40F. There are other BBs where you will find reviews on batteries. BLF has good info. One of the major reviewers has his own site with reviews.

Take care purchasing 18650; they can be dangerous.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I feel this purchasing website is not professional and not well, comparing with other online store.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    starthere:

I'm starting to suspect you are a manufacturer/distributor or other spammer. You are a member on BLF so you should know that it is not an online store but a user forum. I see in one of your 2 posts that you recommended batteries from Xeccon light, which is getting a bad reputation as a known spammer. Please don't bring your BS over to this site too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by starthere View Post
    I feel this purchasing website is not professional and not well, comparing with other online store.
    You "feel"? Bull****. Callies offers purchase by Paypal, who I trust. I ordered batteries on Saturday night and they were shipped out on Sunday. I received them in two days and the batteries arrived in decent packaging.

I've posts on BLF and CPF with positive experiences and haven't seen any negative ones. The only complaint is that shipping outside of the US make these batteries unaffordable.

Go "feel" someplace else.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFreeThenDie View Post
    You "feel"? Bull****. Callies offers purchase by Paypal, who I trust. I ordered batteries on Saturday night and they were shipped out on Sunday. I received them in two days and the batteries arrived in decent packaging.

I've posts on BLF and CPF with positive experiences and haven't seen any negative ones. The only complaint is that shipping outside of the US make these batteries unaffordable.

Go "feel" someplace else.
    LFTD:

You got it right, man. Callies Kustoms are among the best, bar none. I found an old post on BLF by starthere trying to shill batteries from XECCON. starthere hasn't posted over there since being outed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by betweenrides View Post
    starthere:

I'm starting to suspect you are a manufacturer/distributor or other spammer. You are a member on BLF so you should know that it is not an online store but a user forum. I see in one of your 2 posts that you recommended batteries from Xeccon light, which is getting a bad reputation as a known spammer. Please don't bring your BS over to this site too.
    +1

I thought the exact same thing.

mtbr member
    I bought a Callies Kustom 3100mAh as an spare battery for my Lezyne Super Drive. Just used it for about an hour tonight. I don't know anything about batteries, but it's working fine and lasting longer than the battery that came with the light. I alternate between batteries.