mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Need help deciding on a cheap light - TurboCat S25 vs Magicshine

Hello,

I need help on deciding which light to get. I am trying to decide between a TurboCat S25 and the Magicshine 900. I found a TurboCat S25 for less than 100 bucks and the Magicshine seems to run about 90. If anyone could think of anything better I would definitely look at it. I dont plan on doing much night riding but there is a local event coming up that requires a bike light with a 3 hour run time. I have also found a TurboCat S10 used online for $35. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    I have the MS900 and it's a very good, bright light. I can't say much about the TurboCat as I've not owned one so I can't compare the two. I can say that if you go with MagicShine, order it from GeoManGear.com. They have the best customer service and also have a presence here on MTBR and other bike forums.

Who are the brain police?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
    I have the MS900 and it's a very good, bright light. I can't say much about the TurboCat as I've not owned one so I can't compare the two. I can say that if you go with MagicShine, order it from GeoManGear.com. They have the best customer service and also have a presence here on MTBR and other bike forums.
    Also the S25 uses a Ni-Cad battery and krypton/xenon/halogen bulbs. Old school.
    LEDs powered by lithium-ion seems like the better way to go. Less weight, less fragile, longer life.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us