mtbr member

mtbrevolution.com website changes

Please note as of now the mtbRevolution website is a support site for Xeccon. It will no longer sell direct to consumers. Sorry about this and thank you for your recommendations to date.

There hasn't been much news from us in term of products or what's happening in the future. There was only a particular controversy which I will talk about soon. All I can say for now is the fat lady hasn't even cleared her throat yet. I now work for Xeccon wearing many hats in the organization. Last week I was there managing the Zeta version 2 models. They will have many features over the competition. We are not going to do things as they were done.

Please contact me wherever whenever either through mtbrevolution.com contact or email me at leonard(a)xeccon.com
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Good luck with your new job responsibilities! Hope you'll keep us informed on any new product/projects from Xeccon.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    Please note as of now the mtbRevolution website is a support site for Xeccon. It will no longer sell direct to consumers. Sorry about this and thank you for your recommendations to date.

There hasn't been much news from us in term of products or what's happening in the future. There was only a particular controversy which I will talk about soon. All I can say for now is the fat lady hasn't even cleared her throat yet. I now work for Xeccon wearing many hats in the organization. Last week I was there managing the Zeta version 2 models. They will have many features over the competition. We are not going to do things as they were done.

Please contact me wherever whenever either through mtbrevolution.com contact or email me at leonard(a)xeccon.com
    I'm somewhat confused..Are you saying that no one can buy the Xeccon products from MTBRevoluton anymore period or that if they do they will be shipped from somewhere else? If you say your website is now a "support" site, I'm not sure what that means.

Good luck Leonard in your new endeavor. I hope all works out well for you in the future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Are you saying that no one can buy the Xeccon products from MTBRevoluton anymore period
    That's what I mean Cat, nobody can buy from mtbrevolution any longer. It will be used to support dealers, answer anybody's questions about Xeccon products etc, post beamshots and videos and support night riding/racing promotions. The website will be reworked and eventually display all current Xeccon products in MSRP prices. I will have every Xeccon seller's contacts from around the world listed so folks know to where they can buy - it's up to you guys to shop for the cheapest or best option. Of course I will still hang around here to help - I may not posted for a year but I do read almost everything posted.

Officially I am the Marketing & Promotions Manager for the Australian market - there will be no distributors here. I am also Product Manager No:2. This means if any future model fail to perform, it's MY fault.

I will have more to say in the future. Right now we're on a tight working schedule for five new Zeta models with the remote button cover being the only thing carried over from the previous ones. We aim to have them by end of first quarter. I will publish news of commuter lights as soon as I get the green light.

Thank you and Mole for the warm wishes.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    For US/Canadian customers looking for Xeccon lights or battery packs (or Exposure products) please contact James at Ibexsports. They are a friendly lot based in NH. For instance, they can offer the Samsung 5200 pack for $49 including USPS 3 Day Priority.
    mtbRevolution.com

RAKC
    Did the zeta series over heating problems get fixed????

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The xeccon website is a joke in my opinion. The main webpage brings up some kind of kickstarter campaign. Kickstarter is for individuals or small groups who are just starting off with an idea for a product, not for an established company.

The milan series of lights, which got xeccon kicked out of eurobike, is still listed as a product category. Clicking on that product category brings up "404 - File or directory not found.

There's no indication of where you can actually buy a light. Most companies that use resellers at least have a list of them categorized by regions of the world, with a link to this list provided on the top banner. Other companies will include a searchable map of all the bike shops/resellers which sell your products.

For a company that has 32 listed employees I think you should be able to do better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Knog did a kickstarter a while back for a bike bell......

mtbr member
    @tig. Yes we have fixed the current Zeta a while back. In the sphere (calibrated to 4 known lights in the mtbr shootouts) we got 1500 lumens with heat under control. I think it will be included in this year's mtbr shootout. We are doing much better with Evo2 but they won't make it in time.

@varider. I linked ibexsport's website not Xeccon's. We are working on new layout. I told them to remove the front page over a week ago as it confuses. Our priority is getting the new line up going while the issues like website is relegated to not so important compared to packaging design which the Design Dept is busy with.

We will have something to say about the Eurobike issue soon - as I mentioned at the start. To say we were kicked out is 100% wrong.

Where to buy is also what I mentioned at the start of this thread. And the reason for my posting is - where to buy in US/Canada.

@staypuft. 100% correct. Kickstarter for whatever the initial intentions were is now being used by heaps of big companies that are already long established. They are used to generate interest and feedback for prototypes or in many cases production models. As you already well aware, garage inventors are the minority.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    nevermind
    Last edited by varider; 11-29-2016 at 09:33 AM.