mtbr member

Mounting lights. What handlebar?

Has anybody found a handlebar they are happy with for mounting a light. My Magicshine is always looking a little west of where I'm riding. I can get it centered but a few minutes on the trails and it slips onto the curve and points a bit to the side. I know there are add-on mounts to solve this problem but I would rather go with a new handle bar.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Why not loosen the screw holding the MS light head to the plastic base, position it to point straight ahead and tighten it back up. End of problem.

mtbr member
    I found one of these bar extenders so that I can put my light directly in front of the stem.

Action-LED-Lights — Computer / Headlight Mount

You can mount more than one light on it...if you want to. :P
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh088 View Post
    Has anybody found a handlebar they are happy with for mounting a light. My Magicshine is always looking a little west of where I'm riding. I can get it centered but a few minutes on the trails and it slips onto the curve and points a bit to the side. I know there are add-on mounts to solve this problem but I would rather go with a new handle bar.
    Not sure what you mean by "it slips onto the curve", but what gmcttr said is simple enough. I would also add a drop of blue lock-tite to the screw.

All my bikes have had oversized bars with about a 1" rise. I mount my lights as close to the stem as I can. Put a strip of rubber (from an old innertube) around the bar, then the light/o-ring.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ^ how, those must be supre bright, putting out like 2000+lumens