Just a flesh wound

MiNewt 350 deconstruct

My buddy has the 350, and it has a multichip LED. Is that a CREE MCE? I was looking at changing his battery and driver to get more output. 2 hours on high is not enough for a solid night ride. 1 flat and you're in the dark before you get out. I have 4 hours+ with my set-ups.

Anyone here know which chip it is? It seems that the driver is with the battery pack as well. I haven't taken it apart yet, so any help pre task is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    I know the MiNewt 100 and 200 use a LuxIII and SSC P4 single die chips, respectively. Not sure about the 350, does it look like it has 4 dies (yellow squares) in a 2x2 arrangement? If it does, then that's a SSC P7, and there's a newer D-bin out which is more efficient (more light for same runtime, or same light and longer runtime, you choose!). Upgrading would take some soldering skills, but the LED isn't too much. here's one.

You could also try searching and posting in the DIY forum, there'll be plenty of people there more knowledgeable than me

Just a flesh wound
    Thanks Matt. It probably is a P7 as they used Seoul before. I'll post over in the DIY and see what comes up.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.