Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 64
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872

    Magicshine Tail Light MJ-818 3W review w/ video

    I would like to thank Geoman for the excellent customer service, I ordered the light friday around 2:00pm, shortly after he put it on his site and got it at 12:30pm monday.
    First thing I noticed is the light has a dial around it which is the way to alternate modes, 120 degree turns change the mode. After realizing this I noticed that this means there is no button, which also means no battery gauge. Still the light is super bright from what I have seen so far and well worth the money.
    Obviously this is only a partial review because it's not dark out yet but I went in my basement and took a quick video to show the modes of the light
    Mode 1- Inner and outer lights flashing
    Mode 2- Inner and outer lights alternate flashing and strobe while they are on.
    Mode 3- Inner and outer lights on

    If you have any questions feel free to ask and FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN REVIEWS IN THIS THREAD!!!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6daJlWPZUc
    Last edited by GTR2ebike; 05-24-2010 at 02:14 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    30
    How long is the wire to the battery by the pictues It seem to short I have my batterys for my m/s900s in my seat bag I was planing to put the light on my rack end on the fender
    and was hopeing that there was a long wire I do not know why they keep puting short wires on the lights

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Wire is about 1 foot, i'm not near the light so I can't give the exact length

  4. #4
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    The cable on the lighthead is 18 inches then you can add another 8 inches for the cable coming from the battery so you have 26 inches all up, it is compatible with the standard Magicshine 40 inch extension cable if you need more than the 26.

    Quote Originally Posted by stingray66
    How long is the wire to the battery by the pictues It seem to short I have my batterys for my m/s900s in my seat bag I was planing to put the light on my rack end on the fender
    and was hopeing that there was a long wire I do not know why they keep puting short wires on the lights
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  5. #5
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    Nice job, thanks for the support

    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    I would like to thank Geoman for the excellent customer service, I ordered the light friday around 2:00pm, shortly after he put it on his site and got it at 12:30pm monday.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for the info this helps a lot

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the video and review.

    Is it possible for you to take a few beam shot pictures 6+ feet away from a wall? A video would be awesome.

    It's difficult to gauge the brightness and spread of the light with it pointing directly into the camera.

    Cheers

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Yes I can do that sometime today

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    I really like the no light up button design because that means the light doesn't draw any current while plugged in so no need to unplug it every time after use.
    I took the light in my basement to take the video and this light can be used as a flashlight if you don't mind the red tint. It is incredible how much light it produces.
    Here is the video, it is taken holding the camera and light 10 feet from the wall. The second mode I really don't care for because of how large the gaps are in the between the flashing strobes and when the outer rings light it up doesn't project nearly any light, that's why the gaps seem so big. Ideally this mode would have been best with a both inner and outer strobing (like the 4th mode on MS900's)
    The camera adjusts to the light in mode 3 so pause it right when it comes up that's how bright it really is. It makes it look duller the longer it's on the screen.
    Last edited by GTR2ebike; 05-25-2010 at 01:53 PM.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    239
    Great job so far! How about some outside pictures? What would be really cool is to see it compared to a car's brake light from a real-world distance, like maybe 100 or more feet away...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Hopper
    Great job so far! How about some outside pictures? What would be really cool is to see it compared to a car's brake light from a real-world distance, like maybe 100 or more feet away...
    I can do that at some point but it's obviously only going to be the on mode. You want brake light or tail light, there is a difference

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    It's mounted on my bike rack but haven't put the rack back on the bike yet. the light is tipped down because the rack on the bike sits at an angle. I'm going to run the wire under the rack and poke a hole in the bottom of my bag, so the battery and connection are in the bag.

  13. #13
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    Good job on all your work GTR, if you feel like another project keep count on your runtime, that 4 cell pack seems like it lasts forever on a single charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    It's mounted on my bike rack but haven't put the rack back on the bike yet. the light is tipped down because the rack on the bike sits at an angle. I'm going to run the wire under the rack and poke a hole in the bottom of my bag, so the battery and connection are in the bag.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    I can do that at some point but it's obviously only going to be the on mode. You want brake light or tail light, there is a difference[/IMG]
    To be visible on the bike, I'm competing with both brake and tail lights. I know a DiNotte 140L competes favorably with a car's brake light. I'd like to see the MS compared to either a car's brake light (if not feasible, then a tail light) or a DiNotte 140L.

    I'm considering getting the MS tail light to add to my 140L, but I want to make sure it would be a valuable addition. I have a PBSF and it's virtually worthless next to the DiNotte.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    Good job on all your work GTR, if you feel like another project keep count on your runtime, that 4 cell pack seems like it lasts forever on a single charge.
    I plan too

    Quote Originally Posted by J_Hopper
    To be visible on the bike, I'm competing with both brake and tail lights. I know a DiNotte 140L competes favorably with a car's brake light. I'd like to see the MS compared to either a car's brake light (if not feasible, then a tail light) or a DiNotte 140L.

    I'm considering getting the MS tail light to add to my 140L, but I want to make sure it would be a valuable addition. I have a PBSF and it's virtually worthless next to the DiNotte.
    This is true but another inconsistency is what car I'm comparing the light to but I will do it sometime this week. I don't have a diNotte 140L or any good lights besides the 3 made by Magicshine . The 1400 hasn't even gotten used yet
    Last edited by GTR2ebike; 05-28-2010 at 08:02 AM.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    62
    thank you for the effort of posting that video unfortunately it doesn't really show us much.

    perhaps if you have some time add a second light source. a 7-11 storefront, a car headlight or tail light

    this way we can compare the relative brightness

    thanks!
    Bike 1 - The black one with fat tires
    Bike 2 - The red and silver one with skinny tires

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_nj
    thank you for the effort of posting that video unfortunately it doesn't really show us much.

    perhaps if you have some time add a second light source. a 7-11 storefront, a car headlight or tail light

    this way we can compare the relative brightness

    thanks!
    Thanks for the reiteration of something that I said I'm going to do.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    Thanks for the reiteration of something that I said I'm going to do.
    bah that's what i get for not reading the entire thread
    Bike 1 - The black one with fat tires
    Bike 2 - The red and silver one with skinny tires

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1

    Lighthead only / new flash mode

    I have already asked Geoman if just the lighthead will be available if you already have a Magicshine headlight and Y cable (like I do). Hopefully he will respond here as well.

    I would also recommend a flash mode that keeps the smaller outer lights on all the time and flashes the bright center light. That would be like a Dinotte. Or blink the smaller lights a couple of times between bright flashes like a PB superflash. That way you don't dissapear into a black hole between bright flashes!

    Keep up the good work Geoman.

    Chuck

  20. #20
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks for the support, we have placed an order for tailights only for those folks who want to share their existing battery and extension cables, it could be a few weeks before we have those in stock, but it works nicely with a Y-cable and a 900/1400 sharing the battery.

    Quote Originally Posted by cbcmtb
    I have already asked Geoman if just the lighthead will be available if you already have a Magicshine headlight and Y cable (like I do). Hopefully he will respond here as well.

    I would also recommend a flash mode that keeps the smaller outer lights on all the time and flashes the bright center light. That would be like a Dinotte. Or blink the smaller lights a couple of times between bright flashes like a PB superflash. That way you don't dissapear into a black hole between bright flashes!

    Keep up the good work Geoman.

    Chuck
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcmtb
    I have already asked Geoman if just the lighthead will be available if you already have a Magicshine headlight and Y cable (like I do). Hopefully he will respond here as well.

    I would also recommend a flash mode that keeps the smaller outer lights on all the time and flashes the bright center light. That would be like a Dinotte. Or blink the smaller lights a couple of times between bright flashes like a PB superflash. That way you don't dissapear into a black hole between bright flashes!

    Keep up the good work Geoman.

    Chuck
    That is a great idea for a mode but I don't think they are going to change them since the light is already designed. Maybe if there is a V2 a few years down the road.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tzvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    144
    GTR2ebike-

    I too have a rack, but not a Topeak, mine's a Bontrager, and there is no ready place to mount a light with rubber o-ring mount like this. It looks like, in your case, you had a good horizontal spot and added a plastic piece of tubing to it to get it sized up. I had rigged up something similar, but as the mount was designed for a seatpost, (vertical), I grabbed the bike and bounced it a few times to simulate our wonderfully maintained Los Angeles roads, and the light rotated downward. You should test for this. I ended up using a hose clamp that has a screw that I positioned under the light, so it is stopped from rotating down.

    My solution is not as elegant and robust as I would like, so I am off to Home Depot to see what I can come up with. I may end up removing the mount on the lighthead and putting a different clamp on it; we shall see what HD has...

    The light itself is plenty bright, and I am currently using a Y cable and MS 900 up front with the 1400 battery tucked under the rack. Just got the whole combo (Thanks Geoman!) and I think it will work nicely on my commutes.
    Tzvia.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzvia
    GTR2ebike-

    I too have a rack, but not a Topeak, mine's a Bontrager, and there is no ready place to mount a light with rubber o-ring mount like this. It looks like, in your case, you had a good horizontal spot and added a plastic piece of tubing to it to get it sized up. I had rigged up something similar, but as the mount was designed for a seatpost, (vertical), I grabbed the bike and bounced it a few times to simulate our wonderfully maintained Los Angeles roads, and the light rotated downward. You should test for this. I ended up using a hose clamp that has a screw that I positioned under the light, so it is stopped from rotating down.

    My solution is not as elegant and robust as I would like, so I am off to Home Depot to see what I can come up with. I may end up removing the mount on the lighthead and putting a different clamp on it; we shall see what HD has...

    The light itself is plenty bright, and I am currently using a Y cable and MS 900 up front with the 1400 battery tucked under the rack. Just got the whole combo (Thanks Geoman!) and I think it will work nicely on my commutes.
    The rubber band is pretty tight on mine and it hasn't moved in the 22 miles i've put on it. Mine also goes around the piece of plastic you see behind the pvc pipe so that helps keep it a little tighter. But that is a good idea to stop it from rotating down, maybe i'll do that just incase because i have quite a few small hose clamps lying around lol.
    I was going to originally remove the mount from the light head and put a screw threw that into the pipe to have it extra secure but when i started looking at the light I noticed it has a notch for the mount which made me think that the mount is the back of the light and if you take it off the guts will be exposed. So i just didn't bother looking for a different solution.

  24. #24
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    You can unscrew the mount it's designed as a replaceable item in the event that the mount is damaged then we can just send you another to screw back on.

    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    The rubber band is pretty tight on mine and it hasn't moved in the 22 miles i've put on it. Mine also goes around the piece of plastic you see behind the pvc pipe so that helps keep it a little tighter. But that is a good idea to stop it from rotating down, maybe i'll do that just incase because i have quite a few small hose clamps lying around lol.
    I was going to originally remove the mount from the light head and put a screw threw that into the pipe to have it extra secure but when i started looking at the light I noticed it has a notch for the mount which made me think that the mount is the back of the light and if you take it off the guts will be exposed. So i just didn't bother looking for a different solution.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Ahh I was wrong but that's a good thing, btw I just emailed you Geo

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tzvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    144

    Back from Home Depot...

    I knew I would need a section of pipe to use the band-mount on the taillight on my Bontrager rack, so first I bought a piece of PVC. Then I trekked over to electrical and got conduit clamps, #2 size. Followed that with some plastic-dip for the 900 battery.

    My rack had a piece of stamped U s haped metal under the rack for a reflector. It had already broken and had been removed, and would have been useless anyway. I decided to use the two conduit clamps, one attached to each side of where the reflector holder had been attached. Bridging them, a short piece of the PVC pipe. Ugly, but my commuter is a beater Fuji Newest 3.0 frame with a mix of MTB and road bits which would not win a beauty contest anyway. I don't want to dump the Bontrager rack because I otherwise like it, as it is lighter than the Topeak, and I have the cool QR trunk, and plan to buy the basket they make at some point.

    While looking at the smooth pipe and thinking of the best way to keep the light from rotating down, I thought- why not plastic-dip it to give the mount something to grip, and tied some thick string around it first, both to hang, and to create an extra bumpy rough spot for the lightmount to grab. Also dipped the two clamps.



    The light does not move on that plasticdip surface with the string bumps underneath. Yea! I then took the whole thing outside and turned it towards the sun, turned it on and stepped back. That is visible in daylight for sure! Now I know I will need two more heads and a Y for the sides, so I can get rid of those Sefras blinkies you see on the seatstays in my second pix. Well, I hope this helps others here who plan to use this light on their commute and don't have a chunk of visible seatpost. My only worry is of the PVC breaking, even though it is quite thick, but if it does, I'll use a piece of aluminum pipe. I may yet do that anyway.
    Tzvia.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    I put reflective tape on the piece of pvc pipe on my mount, that is plenty grippy.

  28. #28
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    We just received the individual tailight lightheads from the manufacturer, they are available on our site with y-cable and o'rings included.

    Quote Originally Posted by cbcmtb
    I have already asked Geoman if just the lighthead will be available if you already have a Magicshine headlight and Y cable (like I do). Hopefully he will respond here as well.

    I would also recommend a flash mode that keeps the smaller outer lights on all the time and flashes the bright center light. That would be like a Dinotte. Or blink the smaller lights a couple of times between bright flashes like a PB superflash. That way you don't dissapear into a black hole between bright flashes!

    Keep up the good work Geoman.

    Chuck
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    We just received the individual tailight lightheads from the manufacturer, they are available on our site with y-cable and o'rings included.
    Geo: Is the length of the cord from the taillight along with the y-cable long enough to connect it to a 900 (old battery) that is mounted on the stem? I typically ride on the roads so I am particularly interested in this set-up for a standard size road bike. I would prefer not to add the 1 meter extension cable as that seems like it would be too much cable.

    Thanks in advance.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Taillight head cable is 18 inches
    Y-cable is 12 inches
    Battery cable is 8-9 inches
    that's a total of 38 inches or 3 feet 2 inches

  31. #31
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    See GTR's response below he's got the correct numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by punkaccountant
    Geo: Is the length of the cord from the taillight along with the y-cable long enough to connect it to a 900 (old battery) that is mounted on the stem? I typically ride on the roads so I am particularly interested in this set-up for a standard size road bike. I would prefer not to add the 1 meter extension cable as that seems like it would be too much cable.

    Thanks in advance.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Dual set-up. It's pretty sweet, I did this because I wanted to have the ability to run one on solid at night and one on strobe and both on strobe during the day.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Pics from 40 feet away. couldn't really move back any further.
    MS > Taillights
    MS = Brakelights


  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MaximusHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    661
    Wow that is bright. I may have to get one of those as I already have a magicshine with battery. Nice job with the pics.

  35. #35
    GeoMan
    Reputation: GEOMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    Agreed, something tells me cars shouldn't have any issue seeing you ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ
    Wow that is bright. I may have to get one of those as I already have a magicshine with battery. Nice job with the pics.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34
    GTR2ebike: I just want to confirm that those pics were only one taillight...correct? It looks that way but your previous post showed a set-up with two lights so I just wanted to make sure.

    Thanks!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    30
    I will have to try this at night next to my cars brake lights
    Today is a cloudy and I just took this picture The top light is a mars 4 the botton one is the M/S bouth batterys are charged up My m/s tail light looks like the same as the mars 4 I hope my light is not bad out of the box because it is no brighter than the mars 4 " width="549">

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by punkaccountant
    GTR2ebike: I just want to confirm that those pics were only one taillight...correct? It looks that way but your previous post showed a set-up with two lights so I just wanted to make sure.

    Thanks!
    Yes that picture is one light on. I took pictures with two on also, it doesn't make much if any of a difference in pictures but in person it certainly does.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    To anyone else who made a bracket out of pipe and has a problem with the light head tilting down. I put a screw in the underside of the pipe just before the end of the ms mount, so now it no longer rotates down.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MaximusHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray66
    I will have to try this at night next to my cars brake lights
    Today is a cloudy and I just took this picture The top light is a mars 4 the botton one is the M/S bouth batterys are charged up My m/s tail light looks like the same as the mars 4 I hope my light is not bad out of the box because it is no brighter than the mars 4 " width="549">
    How do they compare at night. When I first got my Lupine lights and tried them out in the daylight they were not as impressive as I thought they should be, but once it got dark and I took them out I was impressed. I just ordered the tail light just now so I will get a chance to test it out myself soon.
    Last edited by MaximusHQ; 06-27-2010 at 12:26 AM.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ
    How do they compare at night. When I first got my Lupine lights and tried them out in the daylight they were not as impressive as I thought they should be, but once it got dark and I took them out I was impressed. I just ordered the tail light just now so I will get a chance to test it out myself soon.
    They are pretty bright either way, first time I looked at my bike from the back(bright out)it hurt my eyes after 5 secs but at night any light will look brighter. When I look behind me (when riding at night) the road and trees are bright red. I'd recommend the light to anyone

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    344
    I wrote my question in the other MS taillight thread and thought i will try it here too

    Has anybody measured the current draw of the taillight?

    How long is the runtime with the standard magicshine battery@4,4Ah in steady mode?

    Thanks

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ragnar.jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    64
    I use a piece of Tesa anti-slip tape on my plastic pipe.

    When it's 20 below freezing and the snow lays 10 inches deep, bicycle commuting kind of sucks.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedog1
    I wrote my question in the other MS taillight thread and thought i will try it here too

    Has anybody measured the current draw of the taillight?

    How long is the runtime with the standard magicshine battery@4,4Ah in steady mode?

    Thanks
    I don't think anyone on here knows but it was mentioned in another thread that Geoman ESTIMATED that a 900 taillight on high (180min runtime) and a taillight on steady would run for 160 mins. In theory if you break that down it takes 20 minutes off of the headlights runtime in 180 mins then it should last 180/20=9 x 180 =1620 mins(27 hours) again that is just in my head. I don't know how much sense it will make to someone that isn't in my head(which I hope non of you are)

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    344
    Thanks for your headwork

    But I think 27h is too much

    ragnar.jensen did a good job in the other MS thread

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ragnar.jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    I don't think anyone on here knows but it was mentioned in another thread that Geoman ESTIMATED that a 900 taillight on high (180min runtime) and a taillight on steady would run for 160 mins. In theory if you break that down it takes 20 minutes off of the headlights runtime in 180 mins then it should last 180/20=9 x 180 =1620 mins(27 hours) again that is just in my head. I don't know how much sense it will make to someone that isn't in my head(which I hope non of you are)
    It doesn't make any sense to me, but then I'm here at my desk and not in your head.
    I'm not sure who of us is the happiest for that

    EDIT: It does make sense now. Does that mean I'm in your head?

    Anyhow, my estimate after measuring the current pull of the MJ-818 at full blast is about 150 minutes together with a 900 running from one battery.
    That estimate is also based on real-time measurements of my three 900s, who all give me 195 minutes.
    Last edited by ragnar.jensen; 07-02-2010 at 12:50 PM.
    When it's 20 below freezing and the snow lays 10 inches deep, bicycle commuting kind of sucks.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    494
    I don't know why you guys buy these cheap lights from China when there are good American companies to support that produce quality lights. Take Dinotte for example. The 400 taillight is imo without peer. Buy American. German quality is also good. Anything but China. We had our chance in the 70's and 80't to buy American but people were too greedy and shortsighted. Today China just about owns us.

    Don't be a pawn. Don't get played. Buy American before your children are required to study Chinese in school.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by suba
    I don't know why you guys buy these cheap lights from China when there are good American companies to support that produce quality lights. Take Dinotte for example. The 400 taillight is imo without peer. Buy American. German quality is also good. Anything but China. We had our chance in the 70's and 80't to buy American but people were too greedy and shortsighted. Today China just about owns us.

    Don't be a pawn. Don't get played. Buy American before your children are required to study Chinese in school.
    what other lights do you suggest? I'll gladly buy the dinotte, paypal me the difference and I'll support whoever you want.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BrianMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,161
    Anyone using this for increased day visibility on the road?

    If so, are you game for a day and night videos of it riding away especially with something like the Planet Bike SF as a comparison, and posting them here?

    Anyone have lux/lumens measurements?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc
    Anyone using this for increased day visibility on the road?

    If so, are you game for a day and night videos of it riding away especially with something like the Planet Bike SF as a comparison, and posting them here?

    Anyone have lux/lumens measurements?
    I am using it during the day.
    I have a planet bike SB also but I don;t use it since I got my MS taillight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •