Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Magicshine mj-880 anyone?

Has anyone ordered or know any info on the MJ-880?

Reviews or Pics?

Got a suspension fork
    2 XML is great, 6 cell battery should give very long run time. Engineering, safety certifications and durability notwithstanding it's a great looking package.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    this is a new light because I cannot find any info on it anywhere...anyone heard or seen it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hefeweizan View Post
    this is a new light because I cannot find any info on it anywhere...anyone heard or seen it?
    MJ-880-Shenzhen MINJUN Electronic Co.,Ltd
    click the magicshine link above and you will see it
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Idea! Mj-880

Seller in Australia has the same pictures in their website, magicshineledlights.com.au

Doesn't mention price or availability so I sent them an e-mail earlier. He says price to be confirmed but would be about 200 bucks plus or minus 10 bucks.

Saw an Inton light thats quite similar there too going for $159 Oz dollars. Says it's equiped with XM-L U2 instead of the standard T6 of the 808E and perhaps this MJ-880 as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Rakuman, I did get a chance to look at the link. I was looking for a review or some user feedback. The only information on the MJ-880 is from the same link you mentioned. That is where I heard of it for the 1st time. It is for sale already for whomever is interested.

trail rat
    Oooh! Reminds me of my old Cateye Double Shot!
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    May 2005
    MagicShine ups the ante with this one I guess. Cool looking light head. Not sure about the dual switch setup. I think I would prefer 1 button that controls both LED's simultaneously from low through high or an infinite adjust knob even better perhaps. Look forward to a review on this and wonder if GeoMan will carry it?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    looks pretty sweet my biggest concern is being able to rig up a different mount. I not a fan of doubles going on one side of the bars I would like to see these mounted in the center . I suppose you could retrofit these to a old nightrider offset mount.
    that said now I want see a beam pattern with those optics. Ive run double xm-ls on my bars and it left me wanting more, I think the real anteup will be triples.
    Last edited by Rakuman; 11-22-2011 at 09:19 AM.

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    looks pretty sweet my biggest concern is being able to rig up a different mount. I not a fan of doubles going on one side of the bars I would like to see these mounted in the center . I suppose you could retrofit these to a old nightrider offset mount.
    that said now I want see a beam pattern with those optics. Ive run double xm-ls on my bars and it left me wanting more, I think the real antiup will be triples.
    Surly makes a pretty stout stem cap center mount.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The mount O-ring is not the ideal, but since it is a new product no one makes a different mount for it.

I would like to see an actual picture of the beam pattern as well.

Single Speed Convert

Smile Magicshine MJ-880

Will be released from the factory in mid December. Price unknown but it'll be a very cool stocking stuffer! I'll post pictures when I get mine, soon!
    Life's simple pleasure - RIDE!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    MJ-880 is advertised on eBay.UK for 129 GBP
    Magicshine MJ-880 LED Bike Light Torch MASSIVE 2000 LUMENS!! upgrade from mj-872 | eBay

But the ad also reads
    "This is a brand new light and will be in stock on the w/c 12TH DECEMBER"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    that said now I want see a beam pattern with those optics. Ive run double xm-ls on my bars and it left me wanting more, I think the real anteup will be triples.
    An interesting offering from MagicShine. Yes, beam pattern will be most important however if these are using a duel switch system that would be a big negative IMO. Beam pattern though will be the most important issue. As most people know XM-L's used with reflectors generally have great throw. Still, there has to be a degree of flood so you can pick lines properly. Once again actual output will likely be in the 1500 to 1600 lumen range. Rather than a duel switch I would like to see this with a 4-way switch like the 872...High, mid-high, medium, and low. Even better with a remote..

Rak, I agree with your last statement....a triple would have been better however it depends on how hard MS decides to drive the duel XM-L's. As soon as it becomes available everyone is going to want to know how it compares with the 872 and the Baja Double Stryker. In the mean time others will wait to see what Gemini comes up with. Lumen Wars...you have to love um'.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 11-23-2011 at 01:45 AM.

GeoMan
    Hi guys, we are waiting for Magicshine to send samples, this was the dual XM-L lighthead we suggested almost a year ago finally making it to production. We'll let you know beam pattern info as soon as we have a chance to test. Cheers GeoMan

Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    MagicShine ups the ante with this one I guess. Cool looking light head. Not sure about the dual switch setup. I think I would prefer 1 button that controls both LED's simultaneously from low through high or an infinite adjust knob even better perhaps. Look forward to a review on this and wonder if GeoMan will carry it?
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Geoman, when you expect to receive some samples for testing?

Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN View Post
    Hi guys, we are waiting for Magicshine to send samples, this was the dual XM-L lighthead we suggested almost a year ago finally making it to production. We'll let you know beam pattern info as soon as we have a chance to test. Cheers GeoMan

GeoMan
    It could be 2-3 weeks before the production samples arrive we are waiting for more info from Magicshine

Quote Originally Posted by hefeweizan View Post
    Geoman, when you expect to receive some samples for testing?
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Interesting light. Credit to Magicshine for being swift to produce cost-effective lights with the newer emitters. Depending on the size of the reflectors it should work rather better than a triple, for two reasons. Firstly the XM-L needs a reflector larger than 20mm to provide serious throw. The reflectors on this light may well be larger than 20mm, whereas the optics used in triples are usually rather smaller resulting in a beam that is predominantly flood. Secondly, because of the generally logarithmic way our eyes perceive light intensity, upping the emitter lumen count from 2000 to 3000 will make a negligible difference to perceived brightness It will however reduce runtime by a third and require significant extra heatsinking and therefore weight etc.

Net result - if this has reflectors that are let's say 30mm in size, then this light will seem brighter than an XM-L triple through a Cute reflector because of its much greater throw.

mtbr member
    Looks promising. I have one on pre order.

mtbr member
    ^^^ yeah, it really does! Where did you pre order?

mtbr member
    Before I go drop the hammer on one of these I'm going to wait and see what Geminis triple XM-L looks like.
    Like I said above I ran 2 MS 808E on the bars with quite a few different lens configurations and it always left me wanting just a little more, I'm now running a 872 and a 808e with clear lens and stock reflector and couldn't be happier, but if I could get both those qualities of mas flood and mas throw in one package that would be the ticket. By the looks of those optics i can imagine some really good flood but i have a feeling throw will suffer some , now if it had optics on one side and a reflector on the other that would give the best of both worlds..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimphatty View Post
    ^^^ yeah, it really does! Where did you pre order?
    From that uk ebay seller in HakanC:s post above.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    "Independent stepless switch" according to the pic.

This could be quite nice if it's true. Press and hold one side and the light ramps up to whatever seting you release the button. Press and hold the other side and it's ramps down the same way. Both LED's on all the time hopefully. Personally I don't want independent left and right control (unless it's a triple reflector then maybe?) as its just one more dam thing to think about.

I would also like to see a nice center mount for this puppy. My 856 has one and with a few mods has been great so far.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Interesting light I would like to see some beam shots and weight and size specs.

Looks like action led lights is taking preorders with a release date of Jan 1st. Price at 179.95 the competitors have something to worry about.

Action-LED-Lights — Magicshine MJ-880, 2000 lumen bike light set

mtbr member
    Wow, I was thinking about preordering with that uk seller but I think I can wait another 2 weeks and save myself $30. Probably won't be putting a bunch of night miles during the holidays anyways...thanks for the link anekin007!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast