Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Awesome. I didn't see a chart on your site with that reflector and its impact on output of the 880. Am I missing it?
    No, all I have are the pictures with the lens listing. Maybe I'll get that done next week.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Since this one looks like a close knock-off of the 880 it would probably stand a chance. But this light looks to have reflectors, not optics.
    I had posted a question the other day about which lights this optic might fit into. I went ahead and bought the optic, even though I don't have a light for it (lol). I figure I'll have it around to try in future lights I may buy.

But this was the light I was most interested in whether it would fit or not. If it did, I think the combo of one OP reflector, and one wide angle optic should make more a nice mix of flood and throw.

If I decide to buy one of these clones, I'll post back if the optic fits (unless someone beats me to it).

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Long time Magic Shine user here. I've reviewed this thread and am interested in this particular light. I found this: MTB MJ-880 2*Cree XM-L U2 2000-Lumen 4-mode LED Mountain bike light - lightmalls online Worldwide Free Shipping!!!

Has anyone ordered from here? Is it a knock off?

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by mmanuel09 View Post
    Long time Magic Shine user here. I've reviewed this thread and am interested in this particular light. I found this: MTB MJ-880 2*Cree XM-L U2 2000-Lumen 4-mode LED Mountain bike light - lightmalls online Worldwide Free Shipping!!!

Has anyone ordered from here? Is it a knock off?

Yes, it is a knockoff. The mount is different for one and it has a 4 cell battery rather than a 6 cell.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yup that's what I thought. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Magicshine mj-880 anyone?

I'd be safe and buy from Jim at Action LED.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Re: Magicshine mj-880 anyone?

Yes. And if you have any questions, just email. They're very responsive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moldau94 View Post
    I'd be safe and buy from Jim at Action LED.
    X2. Wouldn't buy from anyone else. I have bombarded Jim with emails and has always responded promptly. Great service and fast shipping.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Looking at getting one of these and BikeLightsUK has a model that they say is the latest / best version: Magicshine MJ-880 2000 Lumens Bike Lights UK

Magicshine have just made there brightest light even BRIGHTER! The MJ-880U has now been discontinued due to the upgrade of the original MJ-880, it now comes with upgraded XM-L2 LEDíS making it 15% brighter than the MJ-880U. Be the first purchase the upgrade! Please note there is a Small CREE XML-2 logo on the top right of the packaging to make sure you are receiving the upgraded version.
    Is that right, or are they trying their luck selling a lesser version for a good price whilst making out it's the top end one? The XM-L2 version was mentioned here: XM-L2 Comes to Magicshine but I can't seem to find much other info on it.

mtbr member
    Reply from Magicshine

The CREE XM-L2 is the new LED also it bright than old LED, and max output high than before.

About the boxes because of here still have some old boxes of MJ-880 in the stock, we want to use up firstly and then change with the new color boxes. So thatís why we stick the label in the boxes. To differ from the old one.

Magicshine mj-880 anyone?-dsc02201.jpg
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hmm... these arrived on Friday and if I'm honest I'm not overly impressed. My nephew picked up a cheapo ebay set at the same time and there's almost nothing to tell between them at full power. Also, even though we were using the same batteries, mine ran out first, despite spending less time at full power.

Related, supposedly I should have got a MJ-6036 (8.4v 6600 mAh) in the box and an additional MJ-6002 (8.4v 4400 mAh) which I bought separately. Instead, I seem to have got two identical batteries which are 7.4v 6600 mAh. Do the new lights use a different voltage?

mtbr member
    All new Magicshine lights use the same batteries unless the MJ-886 which has a smaller connector and new USB EAGLE leading integrated battery.
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I haven't tested the longevity, but I will say for illumination the latest version is plenty bright.

I used the 2013 light shoot out to narrow things down. My other serious contender was the Taz 1200, but that run time was the deciding factor. If I had coin to burn I'd try that as well - self contained is nice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just ran a max power test on my two batteries and got pretty much exactly two hours out of each of them. Not particularly impressed given the manufacturer says 2.5 hours in the manual, but then I'm not particularly surprised either.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7