mtbr member
    May 2009

Magicshine MJ-808 useless flashing mode

I am getting tired of cycling though the modes(high-low-flashing). Is there any way to disable the useless flashing mode?

Lumen Guinea Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by butasan View Post
    I am getting tired of cycling though the modes(high-low-flashing). Is there any way to disable the useless flashing mode?
    In short. No.

mtbr member
    When I push the button once, it turns on high (which is all I use). When I hold the button in, it turns off. No cycling through modes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Mine does not have a mode memory...

max_29
    it's not useless, it's a life saver if you ride on a road along a row of parked cars and
    some driver just decides to take off.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    It's great for day time. Got everyone's attention.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I think it depends on where you bought it from, mine only cycles between Hi - Med - Lo.
    The flashing mode is accessed from an off state by holding the button down.

The flash is great for winter in the hills, but fairly useless at night time (for me). Its so bright that its more of a distraction than anything.

I agree, there is no place, IMO, for a flashing mode in a normal sequence of light levels which is why I bought the one with this mode sequence.

mtbr member
    Oh, it's not that bad.

Try riding with a 5-mode LED torch. Two flash modes, one a high frequency strobe ( think Disco Dan ) the second, a slow as Moses SOS mode. Both useless for bike use for the most part. Actually the strobe has some use if you only use it momentarily, you just can't leave it on or it will freak people out.

Actually, the flash mode on your 808 is designed for road use. If you find it too much to deal with you might want to buy one of the four mode MJ-808E's. With those the three steady state modes have a separate menu devoid of flash. If you need flash you have to change menus before you can use it. You can buy an 808E light head separately ( no battery ) for about $50. Look around, you might find a better price.