mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! magicshine lights

I bought my lights off the "geomangear" web site in January of 2012. Which you may or may not know is out of business it seems. I was having an issue with my 1600 lumin light the MJ-872, it has a up down switch on the back and the down was not working so it only ran full blast. I wrote magic shine a couple of times before they got back to me. They told me to open the back of the light to make sure the rubber was lining up correctly. When I opened it up I saw one of the switches had come loose from the circuit board in the light. I'm no micro electrition so I wrote them to see what they wanted me to do no response so I wrote again and again and again 4 emails to be exact. Well it looked like I could do it so I fixed it and it worked. The company is sort of flakey and in china so no chance of me calling them. I love the lights but don't care much for the customer service as long as I can fix any problems I have I'll be happy. I hope they fix these issues, its a nice product as long as nothing goes wrong. I hope I didn't ruin any warrantee but even if i did I'd never be able to get ahold of anyone to fix it, Oh well. Thanks for reading hope it helps you.

mtbr member
    You can go through action-led-lights.com; they are a Magicshine distributor and should be able to help with warrant/repair issues.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    thankyou