mtbr member
    May 2007

Magicshine full face helmet mount ?

Hi Folks,
    I've done some searching here, as well as the web
    I want to mount the mj-808 on my troy lee carbon dh helmet without drilling and preferably no velcro (seems to be the only option, i guess black wont be that bad)
    There's no vents to feed the velcro straps through

I saw theres some other adapters too, here is one place http://www.el34world.com/Misc/bike/BikesLights7.htm
    I like the helmet and also want to avoid getting another fullface just to ride at night
    My buddies are hitting some fairly big jumps and I'm missing out

What have people done so far?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Here's one you might look into:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-63...lmet+Mount+Kit

I'm not sure if the connection to the Strykr will fit the mount for the MS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I played about a bit about 18 months ago getting lights on my Troy Lee, take a look at my link in my sig, it might be in there! Eventually i came up with Using a old 35mm film case , drill a 6mm hole in the bottom then use a Visor Bolt, (i found a slighlty linger one than the original Ti one) then attach the light to this using normal handlebar mounts. If you crash the plastic film case will break before both the helmet light or mount. This method can be used with The MS O-ring aswell as most other mounts out there!

Clydesdale 29er
    cut the straps off the Magicshine mount and remove the foam padding. It must
    be completely clean then use 3M Body tape for cars. If you tape it to the helmet
    this way it will never come off. With 3M Body tape, even the oil on your skin will
    cause it to fail so wipe all surfaces off with alcohol or Prepall paint cleaner. You
    should be able to get both Prepall and Body tape from your local automotive
    parts store.
    MxV=Clydesdale

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Velco isn't the right term for the stuff, but it acts the same. Instead of cloth on one side and plastic fingers on the other like velcro, this stuff is plastic on plastic and works fantastic. I use it to mount my helmet cam to my helmets. I'd feel safe using it to mount a camera to a Race Car. Let me see if I can find a link to it for you.

mtbr member
    May 2007

good ideas, still trying

The jaw mount would be great and non permanent except you cant adjust the up / down of the light and I couldnt even trun the thing sideways enough to get it pointing high enough
    I would like to be able to remove the mount

The body tape seems like a good, but permanent idea
    Gonna search troy lee and troylee in this light sub forum, and see

mtbr member
    May 2007

figured it out, headstrap under visor

no mods, no permanent attachment
    Just using the regular head strap
    I unscrewed the visor and tucked it underneath

gonna buy a second strap to keep in my camelbak so I can do other fun, no helmet activities at night