mtbr member
    Nov 2009

MagicShine 1400 Bar Mount

Has anyone tried to swap the bar mount off of the BikeRay III onto the magicshine 1400? It looks like it would be a better mounting system.

mtbr member
    I have both lights it wont work unless you have a bikeray lighthead you want to take the mount off of,
    The nightrider mod is the easiest and cheapest seeing you can get old niteriders off ebay for $10 to 20 bucks

I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I swapped the stupid o-ring bracket on my mj-1400 for a electron one from crc for about 2 euros. Absolutely straightforward. Even the screw thread is the same. I works great and keeps the light as steady as a rock.Must admit it wasn't my idea. Found it in blog somewhere.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    As per Tasskyp, I'm using an electron mount as suggested by Moggy82 on bikeradar for my magicshine unit, Moggy82 definitely runs one with a mickey mouse unit.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...y#post-1807034

(though I bought the even cheaper electron mount and it work the same: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=6091)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    That i do!

most of the people i go riding with now use this mount for their chinese lights and torches, when coupled with a seatpost reflector mount.

This is also the mount trout basterdises for his lights.

See link in sig for pics

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    oh wow, just checked out your link & the mount for the 'old P7 torches, that's ace.

Are you using old mudguard 'seatpost' clamps to attach the torches to the the electron mount?

EDIT: Opps re-read your post above and see you mention using the handle-bar reflector mounts. DOH!

Last edited by z1ppy; 03-21-2011 at 08:41 AM.

I'm your density
    That's slick.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    moggy82! That where I found the mount mod too. Thanks alot moggy82. You saved me alot of time and hassle.

mtbr member
    GeoManGear sells a slick mount for lights similar to what is pictured. Less than 10 shipped if memory serves me right. It let's the light be mounted right in front of the stem instead of off to one side or the other.
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.

mtbr member
    I take it back you can use a bikerayIII handlebar mount for a 1400. you need to drill out the copper swivel and switch the set screw positions and get a longer attaching screw but it works fine you can get these mounts from Geoman for $10 bucks
    got my wife a new bike with thicker bars so the niterider mod would not work..
    the lighthead is fixed to the handlebar mount so no quik release but it is very firm.
    Photobucket
    Last edited by Rakuman; 03-27-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Looks good, I was thinking the same thing with a different mount. Don't tighten it down too much on the bars, just incase something hits it. You don't want the screw to get ripped out.
    Chris