mtbr member
    Oct 2007

magic shine issue

so today i brought my mj-816e with me to work because i knew it was going to be dark when i got off. I tested the light around 4pm and when i hooked it up to my bike at 5pm it wouldnt work. all i get is a blink of light. any ideas on what is causing this. battery is fully charged and the button is green. kind of sucked banging off potholes all the way home. thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE610 View Post
    so today i brought my mj-816e with me to work because i knew it was going to be dark when i got off. I tested the light around 4pm and when i hooked it up to my bike at 5pm it wouldnt work. all i get is a blink of light. any ideas on what is causing this. battery is fully charged and the button is green. kind of sucked banging off potholes all the way home. thanks in advance.
    Sounds like a driver problem. I assume the light on the remote is still on? Hope it's under warranty.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    it should be under warranty its only a few months old.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    is this something i can fix myself or have someone who knows how to do it fix. im having a hell of a time navigating this warranty process.

mtbr member
    is this something i can fix myself or have someone who knows how to do it fix. im having a hell of a time navigating this warranty process.
    The last time I saw this symptom it was the driver board. Magicshine fixed it under warranty. What exactly failed I don't know. When you connect the battery the remote light comes on and the LED emitter gives out a quick single flash then nothing suggest power is going through but the board doesn't respond to the remote to switch on let alone move through modes. Chances are it will require time to find the faulty component so that should be considered not a simple fix.

You will probably need the board changed. Who is the seller? Why is it a hassle to claim warranty, eBay seller?

Worse case scenario; forget that light head and buy a new light head only. Use with the battery and charger you have. Look at it as payment to avoid ulcers. There are much better lights in the market now. Or buy a whole set and have a spare battery and charger.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Im just having a hard time getting a hold of magicshine. I talked to someone last night but communication has stopped there and the store is ignoring me now. I bought it on amazon. biggest problem for me is not having a light to commute with. i have a cheap headlamp but its not very bright. I ordered some 30 buck knock off on amazon that should be able to hold me over. hopefully this issue get resolved.

mtbr member
    Im just having a hard time getting a hold of magicshine. I talked to someone last night but communication has stopped there and the store is ignoring me now. I bought it on amazon. biggest problem for me is not having a light to commute with. i have a cheap headlamp but its not very bright. I ordered some 30 buck knock off on amazon that should be able to hold me over. hopefully this issue get resolved.
    The store in Amazon should be the one looking after your warranty. What is the name of the seller there? If you can't resolve it with them PM me. I will speak to MS on your behalf.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com