mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Magic Shine Helmet Mount

I have a Magic Shine MJ-836 and I ordered the velcro helmet strap to use however the light bracket itself that screws into the light wont work with it. Does anyone have any idea what other bracket I could use? I think I need one that is curved on the bottom not flat. Like the one in the 3rd pic

mtbr member
    Yes, you will need one that is curved on the bottom like the 3rd picture. If you have a dremel, maybe you can modify yours, or buy a light that will work w/ a helmet mount.

Good luck!

GeoMan
    You can swap the mounting base or get the helmet mount that comes with the Bikeray III, it uses that same sliding mounting mechanism, here's the link to the Bikeray helmet mount.

http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...roducts_id=259

Quote Originally Posted by Prostreet513
    I have a Magic Shine MJ-836 and I ordered the velcro helmet strap to use however the light bracket itself that screws into the light wont work with it. Does anyone have any idea what other bracket I could use? I think I need one that is curved on the bottom not flat. Like the one in the 3rd pic

GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005

mtbr member
    Thanks klyde
    I'm picking up one of these Planet Bike Quick Cam bracket for my bikeraylll for a lower profile and quick on and off
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    Thanks klyde
    I'm picking up one of these Planet Bike Quick Cam bracket for my bikeraylll for a lower profile and quick on and off

You're welcome. I've got two of those on the way for two MJ-636's I picked up cheap off E-bay. The Planet Bike mounts I played with in the store were much more secure than the flimsy mount that came with the MJ-636. I didn't order the PB helmet mount because I'd like one with an angle adjustment so I'm going to scavenge the slide block off the MJ-636 handlebar mount and make my own.

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005
    Last edited by klydesdale; 03-18-2011 at 07:45 AM.