Mai
    mtbr member

Lupine Wilma TL flashlight

Anybody hear any details on this light. I have seen the pics and videos. I wonder about the run time and release date.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I,
    I took the road less traveled by and
    It has made all the difference. R Frost

BBW
    mtbr member
    1h at 20W and 15h at 1.5W... call Gretna, should be a super nice flashlight, speccially if you already have Lupine chargers. I would get the TL only and a Spare Batery :-)
    Does anybody wants to buy A Surefire Commarder LD7 with 5W P4 LED, 4 batteries and smart charger plus a Z2 combat with a R2 Q5 225lum :-)
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Just curious BBW,,,do know how the TL 1200 will handle continuous 1200 lumen out put with it's very small profile?Thats a ton of light for that small of a flashlight. Any graphs out there showing time laps outputs as i would think 1200 lumens would only be present for the first few minuts until heat management circuit powered the output down to protect internals including the led.NO air flow!!

I'm myself am waiting for a 4-Sevens S-12, that i just purchased which has that problem as the SST-90 been driven at 5 amps produces to much heat on high setting.It starts out guns a blaizing but quickly powers down to protect itself some claim to almost half output after twenty continuous minuts.It looks to me to be pretty close in size to the TL-1200 and am curious to see if Lupine has a better system in place to keep the lumens up.Can't see there been any better heat sinking in that small profile.Maybe the led Lupine is using produces less heat?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Dumb question here.I read two articles about the TL-1200,one refured the led used as an 7090 XR-E, the other as the SST-90. Are they the same led? Or is one article miss informed?Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    it seems they are using the same leds in the current wilma.......looks like they have just taken a wilma lighthead and modified it to receive a direct battery.....

BBW
    mtbr member
    Wish I knew more... I just see one big a$$ LED there http://gretnabikes.com/item.asp?PID=199&cID=1
    I'll ask Bill to see if he knows
    BBW. MS, RD

Mai
    mtbr member
    Not much run time.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I,
    I took the road less traveled by and
    It has made all the difference. R Frost

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner
    it seems they are using the same leds in the current wilma.......looks like they have just taken a wilma lighthead and modified it to receive a direct battery.....
    Now i see what your talking about!! I didn't realise Lupine came out with a second flashlight incorporating the Wilma's lamp head,,(very cool).I was wondering about their other TL-1200 flashlight's emitter which futher research has me believing thay are in fact using the SST-90.Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    A few comments:
    - the TL 1200 (SST-90) is discontinued, will be a "collectors item" soon (if not already), reason: no LED available
    - Wilma TL (ETA: in the spring) will have the same head (=same lens, same led board) as the original Wilma, so nothing special here - BUT, Wolf promised that somehow they will produce a wide lens for the Wilma XPG & Wilma TL! This is a logical step since mounting the Wilma XPG head on the bar (which is a selling point of the WTL) as it is now is kind of pointless with the narrow lens. ETA is summer for the lens, which is a bit sad, because
    - it is also rumored that there will be a new series of upgrades in the fall... which might just render the XPG lights obsolete :-) Of course, this is only speculation now, so don't hold your breath just yet...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi Radirpok, do you know if the XM-Lamp leds will fit as the potential upgrade for the Betty/Wilma? And if so,will the existing driver be enough to see the outputs those emitters are capable of?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner
    If anyone has a link that shows the proposed Wilma torch I really would like to see what that looks like. I do however like what I'm seeing with the Tesla TL1200. I wish they told you just what LED they are actually using. Since it has been said to use the SST-90 I guess I have to go with that for the time being. Real shame though that they can't put that info on the web site.

I can't help but wonder what battery set-up they are using. The module might hold two 18650 cells or they could be using a single 26650 cell. I like the idea of using the bigger 26650 cell but I don't see why they didn't use the 4000mah version.

Still, with all the potential this torch has to be used as a bike light, Lupine doesn't seem to be marketing it as such. There is no bar mount offered by Lupine. Not only that, you would be hard pressed to find one that would hold the torch by the battery tube. Even if you did find one or make a DIY mount the switch is in the wrong place if you use a bar mounted torch holder.

What I would like to see is an XM-L version coupled with a 26650 (4000mah battery) battery tube with a true 3-mode switch ( on the back like most torches). Power settings as follows....3A (high)...1.2A (medium)...500ma ( low ). Couple this with a nice reflector that gives a nice mix of flood and throw and you would have a really nice torch / self-contained bike light. Sell this with a custom bar mount that swivels and tilts and locks in place when needed and you have a real winner.

Weight Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt
    Hi Radirpok, do you know if the XM-Lamp leds will fit as the potential upgrade for the Betty/Wilma? And if so,will the existing driver be enough to see the outputs those emitters are capable of?

Absolutely! The XM-L will fit beautifully in the Wilma TL head. Single XM-L lights are producing 800L with great efficiency. 3 x XM-L would fit nicely and could potentially deliver 1500+ lumens without being driven hard.

BBW
    mtbr member
    when the Betty gets that upgrade it will be insane if those numbers are maintained...3000L+
    BBW. MS, RD