mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Lupine upgrade kit... where from

Seeing as Zyro are giving me some (money for the boys crap) issues about only selling to a retail outlet if I want to buy x y or z, then can I ask, where in the UK can I purchase an upgrade kit for the Wilma without having to pay additional mark up costs by having to go through yet another middle man.. I hate all of this retail bollocks in the UK.. and the rubbish that follows about their over heads and costs.. especially when the UK is already a rip off country on so many products.. rant over.. cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    What kind of prices are you been quoted?If it's worth it to you, try Gretnabikes.com,click on Lupine lights then upgrades.I think they have a flat international shipping rate.There Wilma upgrade kit is $132USD.Any questions,just email Bill directly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thank you... Zyro are just like we won't sell to you cos we don't know you and you are not a LBS.. so what my money is good in any bank you choose to put it in.. I could understand if LUPINE only wanted to trade with major retailers, but Zyro buy from Lupine and put there retail price on it, then I have to find someone else to buy it on my behalf and they will want to put there mark up.. and its not so much the money its the unfair trading principle that pee's me off.

... had the same issue with a camera.. head office was practically in my back garden.. camera cost 2400.. camera maker won't sell me the camera... most go to local shop, which is 3 miles away... for the price of a phone call and a taxi fare to get the camera, the shop want to sell it to me for 3100 and I am like f**k off.. went to Czech Republic.. the same camera is imported from warehouse in my back garden and even with customs taking a slice + vat it still comes to 2000.. so whats that all about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm sure some Lupine dealer in the US will ship you a kit if it is such a pain to get one there. It should cost what the US price is, and maybe $30 or so to ship in. Need me to call around- PM me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Why not buy from Lupine directly?

I do the same thing, the distributor in my country is... khm, not really up to the task, they wouldn't sell me a lighthead unless I paid it upfront (in cash, no credit cards or paypal), and they can't guarantee the shipping time... and they are on the other side of the city. :-)

So why bother with them? Even though Lupine shipping costs are high it is superfast, and I get exactly what I want, and when I want. I think within the EU you should definitely consider this option.