mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Lupine Smartcore Display Calibration

My Lupine Smartcore battery display ceased to be accurate several months ago. For example, the display would indicate approximately 30%-40% charge remaining but then the lighthead would shut off. Even after calibrating the battery as per the Gretnabikes web site the display continued to show erroneous information. I'm beginning to think that if the display is not consistently accurate then I may as well just purchase replacement batteries from "Open Light Systems" and save some money.

Has your Smartcore display been accurate?

mtbr member
    I don't know, but I am thinking of getting a smartcore battery soon so I will be interested in seeing what others say about them. Have you contacted gretnabikes to see if they can help?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I too have had issues with my Smartcore battery's not being accurate. In my case they were showing way less percentage then was reality. Within half hour of use it would show only 20% battery left etc. After calibrating them they seem a lot better however most of my rides lately have been in the day so haven't had a chance to really see how much more accurate they became.

I think I will stay with the mAh read out of the lamp heads which I do trust as once you do a dry run in front of a fan until the light goes out,, then check to see how many mAh was used,,, that has always been accurate for me.