Thread: Lupine Betty 12

mtbr member

Lupine Betty 12

Just ordered one and excited to get it!!!
    If you don't like the way I ride, stay on the road!!!

BBW
    mtbr member
    Awesome!!! post your findings ;-)
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I already have one and am pleased with it so far. Just think about where you are going to put the battery pack.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Tint

How is the tint ? I recieved a Piko and am probably going to send it back. I like the light,but it's too cool for me. Do you know if the betty's more neutral ?

Thanks for your time,

mtbr member
    Mine arrived last night. Didn't take it out but, as posted on the wall...very bright and white hot tint!! My other light is more blue!!
    If you don't like the way I ride, stay on the road!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yes I would agree with the white hot tint. I have been using it for a few weeks now and the tint is not something I thought about too much until you asked the question. I ride in alot of wide open areas which are typically mud and grass and the tint isn't a problem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have the Betty 7 with the 2200 lumens 26 degree beam. Awesome. I also have the new 750 lumen piko 3 which I think is a awesome helmet light. I can go anywhere at night now!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have the same combo! (I assume you mean 2600 lumens and not 2200 lumens). I find the Piko doesn't make that much of an impact on the Betty's beam but it does help side to side. What size battery did you go for? I went for the 2.7ah smart core so I could mount it on the helmet although it doesn't last that long.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have the older better 7 and have done the latest DIY Upgrade to 2200 lumens. For the piko I have two 2.5ah batteries as they at smaller and lighter for helmet mounting. Obviously only using one at a time and a spare in my camelback for longer night rides. I love the combo as both have different beam patterns. The Betty does drown out the piko at tines but like you I have the piko for side to side views and when looking in the direction of the trail which the Betty is restricted as its mounted on the handle bars. I get around 2hrs out of my batteries for the piko on full blast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I upgraded from the 1750 old red board with the 16 degree beam to the yellow board 2200 lumens. Massive difference loads more light and much better spread of light. I wouldn't do both your lights with a 26 degree though my mix of my Betty at 26 and my piko at 22 is perfect. I would recommend the upgrade well worth the money and it only takes minutes to do!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Sorry, a little off topic, Phantomx0_1, you upgraded from the 1850 lumen XPG to the 7x Xm-L 2200/26 degree??? I'm thinking of doing that to both my Betty/Wilma. Did you notice much change in output and beam width? Didn't know what to expect without a driver upgrade.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomx0_1 View Post
    I upgraded from the 1750 old red board with the 16 degree beam to the yellow board 2200 lumens. Massive difference loads more light and much better spread of light. I wouldn't do both your lights with a 26 degree though my mix of my Betty at 26 and my piko at 22 is perfect. I would recommend the upgrade well worth the money and it only takes minutes to do!
    Nice to here the improvement is worth it. I really don't want to touch my Wilma as the output and throw is awesome, but i'm pretty picky and concerned that the difference in color rendition between the Xm-L Betty if i go for it will have to much contrast from my XPG Wilma,as it is supposed to be a warmer K. Time to stop procrastinating make my decision.Thanks!!