mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Lumotec Cyo RT vs T

So, I ordered a Lumotec Cyo RT for my new bike (still waiting on the bike). It turns out that I was shipped a Cyo T instead. Like all Cyo lights, the "R" gives you an integrated reflector, a slightly less bright light, and more light closer to the bicycle. My question now is.... should I bother shipping it back for an exchange?

I'll be using it mostly for commuting or casual night riding; mostly on bicycle paths/roads, possibly in the winter or other cold weather.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    I don't mind the lack of close light at all and 50% brighter is noticeable.
    For a reflector get some tape for you forks.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post
    So, I ordered a Lumotec Cyo RT for my new bike (still waiting on the bike). It turns out that I was shipped a Cyo T instead. Like all Cyo lights, the "R" gives you an integrated reflector, a slightly less bright light, and more light closer to the bicycle. My question now is.... should I bother shipping it back for an exchange?

I'll be using it mostly for commuting or casual night riding; mostly on bicycle paths/roads, possibly in the winter or other cold weather.

Thoughts?
    Reorder the RT. Use both and decide which one works best. Return the one you don't want.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Reorder the RT. Use both and decide which one works best. Return the one you don't want.
    I talked to Harris Cyclery and will be doing something similar; when my bike gets here I'll try out the T for a bit, and exchange it for the RT if I feel I need to.