mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Lume Lighting still operational??

Hi Guys,

My Lume Lighting Strada has died - looks like the bulb or electronics.

Despite numerous e-mails over the last 3 weeks to the Service e-mail address, and more recently CC:'ing their Customer Service and Sales addresses, I have been unable to get a reply.

The e-mails to their Customer Service address bounce due to a full mail folder, and I get an auto-response from their Service address, but I can't get anyone to reply.

Has anyone had any contact with them recently? Are they still in business? Their web site appears operational.

Failing getting a reply from them, has anyone managed to pull apart the head unit on a Strada? I have unthreaded the end cap, but can't work out how I get any further on pulling it apart to repair myself.

Thanks,

Crumpy

mtbr member
    I think they shut down quite a while ago, but I also noticed their website is still up. It hasn't been updated in quite a while, however.

I've got a Strada, too, and although mine still works I've come to realize that repairs to it will cost more than a new light. In fact, I bought a new light so the whole family can night ride and it's one of those lights you see posted all over this forum... for less than what an HID could be repaired for. (It works great.)