mtbr member

Looking for an upgrade from an o-ring bar mount

Ok, i just bought the olympia 1800 lumem light. Very impressive by the way, but the o-ring is ok, but not a great mount. Is there any adapter out there that can take the o-rings out of the equation. Maybe a quick release or a bolt on type of system. By the way, i also picked up one of those chinese 3600 lumen lights to mess with and it has the same o-ring type of mount. By the way, it's no where near 3600 lumens.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Is there any adapter out there that can take the o-rings out of the equation. Maybe a quick release or a bolt on type of system.
    This camlock looks very well made. qb bought this Lumicycle Camlock a few months back for a 298 gram light head. He said it ain't goin nowhere. May have to swap the screw to work with what you have.

Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    That's perfect. Will this fit the Olympia? Thanks so much for the link.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    This camlock looks very well made. qb bought this Lumicycle Camlock a few months back for a 298 gram light head. He said it ain't goin nowhere. May have to swap the screw to work with what you have.

Leonard
    That's a nice looking mount. I like the camlock stuff because you can adjust it on the ride if you have to.

Action LED also has a mount with slide off clip. The base part is not quick release though.

You can also buy the mount that is used on the Fluxient 3x XM-L U2 lamp. Both of these mounts swivel but are not totally quick release.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Will this fit the Olympia?
    I would say so else it's a simple mod if the Lumicycle camlock's mounting screw is too wide. If so, remove it and use your existing mounting screw from the o-ring mount. From experience, most Chinese manufactured lights use the same (standard) thread size mounting screw. We have no problems fixing any light to our camlock with the supplied screw.

You may require a longer length screw from the hardware store when changing from o-ring mount to camlock/fixed mount. Also suggest you put in a strip of rubber between the light head and the camlock and a bit of silicone behind the cable grommet.

Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    I used the Marwi mounts. They work great.

Magic Shine to Marwi adapter

mtbr member
    Thanks a million guys.