mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Looking for a headlight to compliment my bar mounted seca 1500

I am currently leaning toward the Gemini duo, any others I should consider? The 2014's duo's are now available, is it worth the upgrade over the 2013 model? LED's went from U2 to L2's?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There are a good bit of choices, can you provide some info on what sort of riding are you doing, how long will the rides be, your budget, your current thoughts on the output and beam pattern for the seca 1500, etc.???

With the info you may get more responses.

But... The Gemini duo has a fairly broad beam and your seca for sure has a broad beam so I would look more at the Gemini Xera with spot optic 950 lumen version or other similar lights depending on the questions above for more "spotting capabilities" mounted to your helmet.

I mentioned something in the Gemini family because that is where you seem to have been exploring.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Another thought would be to stay in the seca/Stella family so you can swap batteries if/whenever necessary. This approach might be cost prohibitive vs Gemini/ Chinese lights.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey cue, The Seca wil be new to me as of this Friday. I am currently using a seca 700/stella 300 combination. My typical ride is 3 hours give or take, most of my riding is Florida singletrack. I am really looking forward to doubling my light output with the new seca and had considered the new stella 500 to compliment it but the extra output and pricepoint of the duo has me interested. I had also considered moving the seca 700 to my helmet but the duo beam shots appear to represent a little more throw.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I would run the seca 700 on the helmet and see how that is before buying something else. Might be a tad heavy and sit up high (the newer Secas has a lower mounting profile than the old ones... I think the lower profile started with the intro of the seca 1400) but should have good output to go with the 1500.
    Last edited by cue003; 10-30-2013 at 09:39 PM.