Thread: Lol ?

mtbr member

Lol ?

i don't know whether to laugh or cry after watching these installation videos:

INSTALLATION - SPOKE SWAG

i am guessing this woman never rides faster than 3 mph so in her mind this is a sufficiently safe and secure installation ...

the scariest stuff is people can actually buy this thing:

SPOKE SWAG LED Battery Powered Bicycle Lights by SpokeSwag

somebody should tell her to cease and desist before some 12 year old girl breaks her neck after her pretty pink lights get tangled up in her chain or something ...

i'm philosophically an anarcho-capitalist but this woman has sown seeds of doubt in my mind as to whether the market can be left to regulate itself. the idea that somebody like her with an IQ of 60 can run a business and sell products to the public is scary ...

mtbr member
    i sent her the following message:

i watched your installation videos and this product appears extremely unsafe. the battery and / or the string could easily come loose and get tangled or jammed between rotating wheel and other bike parts throwing the rider off the bike.

if a person is injured he will have every right, and in fact a moral obligation to sue you in order to prevent other people from suffering similar injuries.

you may have tested the product yourself, but your riding style probably wasn't vigorous enough to put the system through the entire range of conditions which it would see in the real world. the system has to be safe not just for your style of riding, but for every style of riding - otherwise it should come with a disclaimer such as " don't go faster than 5 mph and check if the battery is still in place every 3 minutes " ...

in my humble opinion you should either develop a much more secure mounting system or stop selling the product.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by androgen View Post
    i don't know whether to laugh or cry after watching these installation videos:

INSTALLATION - SPOKE SWAG

i am guessing this woman never rides faster than 3 mph so in her mind this is a sufficiently safe and secure installation ...

the scariest stuff is people can actually buy this thing:

SPOKE SWAG LED Battery Powered Bicycle Lights by SpokeSwag

somebody should tell her to cease and desist before some 12 year old girl breaks her neck after her pretty pink lights get tangled up in her chain or something ...

i'm philosophically an anarcho-capitalist but this woman has sown seeds of doubt in my mind as to whether the market can be left to regulate itself. the idea that somebody like her with an IQ of 60 can run a business and sell products to the public is scary ...
    I think it will break her heart than her neck. The contraption will definitely tear a hole in her dad's pocket.