banned
    Feb 2012

Light Company Rankings`

Hi, I'm curious if one were to rank light companies in terms of quality of product and how well their customer service is - what would be people's top 3?

Thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'v had good luck with Niterider, Light and Motion and Dinotte. For the money, Dinotte is my overall pick.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    May pick:

1. Lupine
    2. Dinotte
    3. maybe Baja Design

Niterider - used to be good

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've only run two companies lights, Nightrider and MS through GM. MS through GM in a landslide in regard to custie service. The light systems I ran were not comparable in terms of technology, i.e. the NR were old. Your results may vary.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I havent used baja designs bike lights, but for offroad lights the quality is top notch with customer service that can only be outdone by rei's policy. But you pay for it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Juicen View Post
    I havent used baja designs bike lights, but for offroad lights the quality is top notch with customer service that can only be outdone by rei's policy. But you pay for it.
    Hah! Make it one vote for Baja Designs...I lurk these forums like a Great White shark in a baby pool full of Fur Seals...

Just kidding - kind of - but seriously, we make a concerted effort to take of riders running our Strykr series light systems. Hard to beat a life time warranty on the electronics and two years on the battery - that makes my job easy - that and the fact we rarely have issues in the first place.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Ayup and nightlightning seem to have a very happy customer base.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juergenor View Post
    May pick:

1. Lupine
    2. Dinotte
    3. maybe Baja Design
    My pick. I haven't deal with BD but Shannon is very helpful and customer oriented
    Jetlite and light & Motion CS is awesome too
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I would put GeoMan Gear at No 1! ... But that's just because I am a stirrer, looking for a reaction

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I have only dealt with Cygolite's customer service. I inquired about their USB cable and compatible chargers among other things and got a prompt response. I have 2 Cygolite Expilion 350s which I have been using since November, often in sub-zero (C) temps with zero issues so I would rank them as #1.

MC MasterShake
    Exposure is rock solid. They answer my e-mail questions quickly and thoroughly. I had a charger go bad and it was replaced immediately no questions asked. Most importantly the light is rock solid. Probably the only light in my group that hasn't once had an issue with the lights going out at inopportune times.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Lupine all the way. You get what you pay for w these lights.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    +1 for exposure. Amazingly solid lights and fantastic customer service. I love my diablo mk3. Best helmet light in the lightest package.