mtbr member

LED CREE battery life?

Well look like I'm the only one having issues with Led Cree, my 3 rides old battery suddenly died on its face after being fully 5 hour charged, only worked 15 minutes and the display button was always green.

The thing is that whenever I plug it to the charger it works so it looks like it's no holding charge, now many hours does it supposed to be charged?
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

mtbr member
    I have a Cree XML T6 from China. I charged it about 3-5 hours (manufacturer recommendation via email). It last about 7 hours over a 3-week timeframe. When it did die, though, it just went black. No warning, no change in button light color like the Magicshines. I charged it yesterday and will take it out again tomorrow. If I have any problems, you will hear about it here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevocastro View Post
    Well look like I'm the only one having issues with Led Cree, my 3 rides old battery suddenly died on its face after being fully 5 hour charged, only worked 15 minutes and the display button was always green.

The thing is that whenever I plug it to the charger it works so it looks like it's no holding charge, now many hours does it supposed to be charged?
    Do you have a link to which light you have? Cree makes a lot of different leds. Plus it would help us to identify which battery you have.

However most of my batteries, from single 18650 cells, to 4 cell packs, usually take 4-5 hours to fully charge.

mtbr member
    Well mine was fully charged and just died after 15 min, even when I love the light don't feel it very reliable now, at least not the battery

The one I got has the same plug than the Magicshine I already tested with mine
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon