mtbr member
    May 2013

Leaving Light Battery Pack on Charger

I bought a couple of the Chinese type 1000 lumen magic shine lights. They seem to work great. Only thing is there were no instructions. Does anyone know if you should run the battery all the way dead before recharging this type of battery pack? Or do you just throw them on the charger, leave them on the charger and pull them off when you need them. Just want to make the batteries last as long as possible. Thanks, Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Once they are charged take them off the charger. A decent charger will have a light that indicates a full charge. The magicshine charger I have has a led that goes from red (not charged) to green (fully charged). I don't think that these types of batteries have any type of memory problem, but I will let the experts weigh in. So that means you don't have to discharge them all the way. These types of batteries can have a problems when the voltages become too low.

If you have a really cheap battery, you might want to consider charging it while it's in a metal container. They can leak, catch fire and even explode in rare cases.

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Charge when needed, there is no memory effect and you don't need to discharge them before charging.
    But take them off the charger immediately after they've finished charging - these cheap chargers can overcharge the battery if you leave it connected for a very long time, many of them don't cut off the current to battery after its finished charging.