mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It's gone now, there was one left and he snagged it

I watch that shit like a hawk lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    It's gone now, there was one left and he snagged it
    So which version was it, the XM-L U2 or T6?

T6 is more likely the original build, with the pills and interchangeable cells.

RAKC/ITUO
    You can't find it because they took it down as unavailable now after I bought it. Dunno wtf these Chinese guys are doing.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

Life on 2 wheels is the only life for me. Especially once it gets dark.

RAKC/ITUO
    Oh just found out when I called amazon cause delivery date change, I bought the last one lol
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Oh just found out when I called amazon cause delivery date change, I bought the last one lol
    So which version did you get, the T6 or U2?

RAKC/ITUO
    Securitying so think its u2 version. T6 version was out of stock via amazon anyway.

I'll know more on Monday but it has a screw lid case and pending on its design I can probably make it to where I can change the cells.

Manbeer, I try to watch it and seem to keep getting lucky either finding or at least seeing you guys post about it before their gone.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yeah even the T6 Supernight that was fulfilled by Amazon before isn't anymore, dagnabbit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yep, only the oxyled now

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    And the OxyLED is U2 not T6 so no reason to buy that one anyway, it won't have the same build as the first KD 880 clone (if any of them still do.)

RAKC/ITUO
    Well they all probably are by now. I got it cause the head is a beast, see what I can do to it. One last expirament before building my own lighthead.

Edit: I cancelled this order, though it shows in stock for prime, its actually not. I contacted the seller they say its all up to amazon. However amazon (an actual American) explained that these morons bring items to amazon warehouse for amazon to ship them as needed. Not sure how that works but guess I can't trust "prime eligible" anymore either.
    Last edited by tigris99; 04-17-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

RAKC/ITUO
    HAVE TO POST THIS. I owed an apology to one person and explained to amazon the matter and what not. The rep didn't bother to tell me the damn light was Mia in their warehouse.

BUT ALL THAT ASIDE HOLY CRAP, I know what those light set with batteries cost the seller now. Companies having low margins my A***! amazon reimbursed seller for missing light, $4.97......thats what it cost the seller (prior to amazon fees etc).

I wanna get in this business with margins like that. $45 normal, $30 on sale cost $5 plus fees....
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Good and bad news. I just got the securitying version of this from amazon. The bad news is that it's the last one but who knows...it'll probably come back soon. The good news is that it seems like the original version. Build quality better than oxyled, replaceable cells which are actually the same markings as the mudder kd2 clone and seem to be real 2200mah capacity. Very excited by this one

Edit:
    This is also the one with the separate stars on pills rather than the dual emitter pcb like the oxyled

OxyLED version here:

Edit again, I just found kir's pics of the original quality one from KD and this is a perfect match, down to the numbers printed on the board, cree printed on the stars, and the same cells which he tested at 2100mah. Let's hope amazon get some more
    Last edited by manbeer; 04-23-2015 at 09:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    As I wrote some time ago. If the leds are XM-L then it is very likely the old version with separate pills. If there are XM-L2 leds then it is very likely you would get single PCB like OxyLED version shown above.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    There might also have been some difference with the various anodized models. Think MK96 said the XM-L2 U2 version in Silver he received was the original build, but that the Black wasn't?

Interesting that manbeer's OxyLED clone is actually XM-L2, description on Amazon just says XM-L U2.

They still have the Supernight XM-L T6 in Gold for only $29.99 + $5.07 shipping, not a bad deal if it is the original build. Pair of NW XM-L2 emitters from FastTech would start at $7.26 for their T5 5B1, a very mellow tint.

Too bad though there is no drop-in solution for converting this lamp from reflectors to optics, necessary mods are a little involved.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrist View Post
    Interesting that manbeer's OxyLED clone is actually XM-L2, description on Amazon just says XM-L U2.
    It is not suprizing to me since there are very likely chinese sellers behind. Reading description at Amazon may be no better than at flea bay when cheapo led lights comes into question.

Modding 880-clone to optics it's not such a big deal if you not to picky and want to have it all the best. You may just put some copper washers under pcb or pills. Of course this is not the best solution but it works, just less efficiently.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    In theory, it couldn't be that much to have a couple pucks machined from aluminum stock to fit right? This is actually a beefy light. I'm impressed. Plus I love any battery case with replaceable cells. When I opened it up and saw it was like the original I felt like a kid on Christmas morning

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    In theory, it couldn't be that much to have a couple pucks machined from aluminum stock to fit right? This is actually a beefy light. I'm impressed.
    Yes, I've moded mine that way plus added Noctigon PCB's and raised current for about 30% with additional R330 resistor over stock one. Brightnes wise it became on paar with its original.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That's probably what I will do, aside from maybe the resistor mods as my soldering skills are horrid

RAKC/ITUO
    Ok so I broke down and ordered the supernight version, still a us based seller so be here tomorrow. They seem to be thinking out to where its going to be kd only and for $5 more than the lighthead I get the hole package.

I'll report tomorrow night when I get it tore down if it uses pills or anything. See how hard I can push this little thing.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hopefully it's the same as the securitying version. I have my fingers crossed

RAKC/ITUO
    Aight nice call Andy, I GOT PILLS!!!

And led DNA optics will fit perfectly with nothing more than spacing the pills towards.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps7zzgtug3.jpg

Next Manbeer, I have a securitying style case

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...pswspahkqm.jpg

Lucked out glad I grabbed it before they ran out. Now I dont feel guilty for mudder case going on commuter possibly to run 2 lights. Get voltage drop running a 2 emitter accross the stock port while other dual emitter (yindings for testing) is in the cable. Made the black yinding brighter than my blue one, which shouldn't be possible. But kd2 on plug and angel eye on port and works great.

But now I gotta order more emitters, well maybe, my u4 1c emitters came today, may just put both in with 45 and 60 optics, see what happens. Was going to run the test accross my yindings but maybe not now. I put the last of my u2 3cs in the kd2 last night.

Edit: Test fit of optics shows will need to get orings from hardware store, they don't quite fit perfectly in the front plate, but standard orings will be thick enough to fix the issue.

And pills fit a little loose...but just enough that gap is a bit much for thermal compound but not enough to fit my copper sheet around it...
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Wow then that was a really good deal, tigris, about $20 less for the whole package than at Kaidomain, original build and two day shipping, can't beat that with a stick. Take it those round bases inside the pills are 16mm? Also, Supernight says: 3 lighting modes: High, Low, and Blinking. Take it that's a mistake, there is also a Mid like on all the other clones?

BTW how many lumens are those U4 emitters you got? Just found some NW U3 rated 1260, so are the U4 over 1300? They just come in CW that way, not NW, right?

Thanks!

RAKC/ITUO
    Wasn't 2 day, but they have US warehouse, so still only took 4 days.

As for emitter, mtnelectronics JUST got them in. I got on the presale, got 2 with 16mm noctigons and a couple bare. Figure each bin ups output by about 60 lumens on avg, so 1310-1320ish is going to be my loosely educated guess.

The ones already on noctigons ive already sliced most of the dome off and sitting in gasoline now. One thing im loving, PILLS AND PCBS!!! So its literally direct swap from stock pcbs to my mcpcbs. I should be able to push this light to true 3000mA (not calculated prior to losses) since head can handle the heat.

They really need to develope this lighthead further. Its got some serious potential, I may be able to make it surpass my ssx3.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Aight nice call Andy, I GOT PILLS!!!

Edit: Test fit of optics shows will need to get orings from hardware store, they don't quite fit perfectly in the front plate, but standard orings will be thick enough to fix the issue.

And pills fit a little loose...but just enough that gap is a bit much for thermal compound but not enough to fit my copper sheet around it...
    Have you considered aluminium tape to wrap those pills?

Wanna see how the O-rings work on your Supernight. Didn't think everything would fit right that way on my crappy KD build so I just compensated by backing up the emitter board.

RAKC/ITUO
    Well I still have to space the pills forward, but that's a given, optics are shorter than reflectors.

No didn't even think about aluminum tape, wonder how adhesive effects thermal transfer. May have to hit home depot later (wish I would have thought about it while at ace getting orings)
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I don't think the microscopic layer of adhesive on aluminum tape negatively effects thermal transfer, tigris; I practically built my whole backing plate from it. And you'd probably only need one go round of the pills to fill that small gap well enough. You want I can send you some, got plenty.

RAKC/ITUO
    Oh no worries I can grab some if needed. I dont want to mess with it till I sort spacing the pills forward.

Right now im hoping I can make a solid bar light out of it. As it sits right now the driver is comparable to the yinding driver (more output than kd2 driver). Major hot spot stock with having op reflectors.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

RAKC/ITUO
    And here we go

Converting to optics was EASY. 1" hole saw bit for my dirll cut spacer discs from 1/8 aluminum plate that were the same size as the pills, but 2.85mm thick, just what I needed to bring pills foward. Changed wire to 20awg just for the hell of it, not sure it really needed it but every little bit helps.

Switch emitters to current set up of 1 u2 3c on a 45deg and a u4 1c dedomed on 10x45.

Also, calculated driver output....3.5A, so should be right about 3.0A true. And judging by the light I got now its pretty close I hope (im gonna check it tomorrow cause lately been noticing calculations are far higher than actual on all these light).

Ill do a side by side with my black yinding (not getting u3 1a dedome replaced with a u4) tomorrow night, see what the true boost is.

Case temps no air flow sit at about 110deg at 75 deg outside temp, gave up bothering with it atm cause it was taking so long to heat up and didnt feel like a full temp test tonight.

Anyway, pics:

Also found today that the red panasonic that seemed to be having issues, was having real issues,lol. I gotta discharge it to dead tomorrow and get rid of it.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

RAKC/ITUO
    Ok so this light runs between 2.9 and 3.0A. First light head I could push that hard. With my custom solarstorm finned gopro adapter from vanc, its also my coolest running light at 115-120F, without it, it sits in the 130s.

Light output seems a bit above my bt40 (turned up to 1.3A calculated on turbo) and ss x3. But ssx3 is heavy on the flood side.

Really liking this light head lol. With optics set up makes awesome bar light. Be hard to choose between it and bt40.

I do know hopefully not this weekend but following I want to go out and try all my lights on the trails.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ok so this light runs between 2.9 and 3.0A. First light head I could push that hard. With my custom solarstorm finned gopro adapter from vanc, its also my coolest running light at 115-120F, without it, it sits in the 130s.

Light output seems a bit above my bt40 (turned up to 1.3A calculated on turbo) and ss x3. But ssx3 is heavy on the flood side.

Really liking this light head lol. With optics set up makes awesome bar light. Be hard to choose between it and bt40.

I do know hopefully not this weekend but following I want to go out and try all my lights on the trails.
    I thought I saw something where you swapped in 2 of the 3 emitter noctigons with hp-l hi LEDs. Did you add resistors to the driver? If I was able to find the version with the pills and just swapped out the LED with the triple noctigons can I just swap them in(and space the pills to use the optics from Carlco) without messing with the driver? How would the triple hp-l hi with stock driver compare to the bt40s?

RAKC/ITUO
    That was over int eh DIY subforum. I installed 1st just one triple noctigon with xp-l hi to see if they would fit, then switch to 2 triples with xp-g2 s3 emitters.

The pills have actually nothing to do with the triple mode, I took those out. It requires custom machined spacers for triples only available from MTNelectronics.com (they are for converting flashlights to triple) to make them fit.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456