Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    How much amps do I actually hold XML2 Leds from? Or is the eletronics broken before me when I drive eg with 3.5 amps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    XM-L2 are declared for 3A and I would not go over that point. You would get more heat than light - ie. it is contraproductive unless you have very good heatsinking, which you can't get with bicycle lights.

Diode D1 SS34 is for 3A, don't know for IC2 marked 431, but very likely it doesn't play any role in the output power.

mtbr member
    Wow, they pushed that light to 2A in stock form with that lousy heatsinking? Seems it wouldn't last long at all that way.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No, it's not that bad as with SSX2. Since this light has quite a lot mass compared to others it is better heatsink and heat tranfer is bit quicker. Some thermal paste has to be added, though.
    Of course there are much better solutions out there. One of them is tightly fit alu disc with apropriate height to acomodate Led-dna optics. Copper is of course even better as you already know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hey Ledoman,
    how many 880 clone inserts do you need? Will get them done next week (alu version)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Will contact you on private, thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    The problem is that if you have the original reflectors (pills) inside you can only insert small copper plates on the back of the led plate, there is no space on the front.
    However, if you replace the original reflectors with lenses, eg Leddna you also have a little space on the front to use short copper tube in 20 mm diameter.
    This applies to the KD 2 (880 clone) and the SolarStorm X2 / X3!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I have a question?
    I would like to convert my 880 clones also to Leddna Lens!
    How much did you put under the Led board with the Leddna lenses, and have you left the insulated gaskets or removed?
    How is that with the height and the lamp is dense?

You have left the white bowl on the Leddna optics, but have you also cut off at the height what the 4 feet with the optics or what else shortened?

Dense then the Leddna lenses enough or have you also left the original glass pane inside?

Is there nowhere before after pictures with original reflector and rebuilt Leddna lenses?

Thanks

I have inserted some Leddna optics in my Yindings, perhaps this is also a decision aid for the 880 clone of the luminous characteristic

What I can say is the 45 degrees really great when it comes to the width, the 60 degrees is too wide for me, there is almost nothing more forward,

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Check page 4,

new inserts dim. are fi=20,8mm and d=5,4mm with drilled hole somewhere by he edge for the wires.
    You only remove reflectros, white plastic washers and glass pane.
    You add inserts below led board and TIR optics with "bowl" but you have to trim
    the upper edge for about 2mm so that the edge of plastic bowl is lower or at least in the same line
    as the edge of a lip of optics, in order to properly sit the o-ring.
    Dont forget a thin layer of thermal paste.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    On the mod Picture i see you install the white plastic washers by the Led.Do you install the white plastic by the Leddna Leds by the mods or not?Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Remove original plastic washer under reflector, install leddna optics with white holder.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234