Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Can anyone speak to whether the battery holder will fit in this pouch?

Action-LED-Lights ? 4 Cell Battery Case

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    It will.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    KD sells the battery separately 17,40 USD
    http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S021564
    Now there is one more version of the same battery at KD, slightly cheaper too
    http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S022419

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    Now there is one more version of the same battery at KD, slightly cheaper too
    http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S022419

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    What about this one:http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S021637

6 x 18650 Waterproof Battery Set for Bicycle Light
    Voltage: 8.4V
    Capacity: 8800mAh (Manufacturer rated)

Too good to be true?

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Expect about 4700-4800mAh from it. 6000mAh is you're very lucky.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kir View Post
    Expect about 4700-4800mAh from it. 6000mAh is you're very lucky.
    Thanks. I kind of figured that the 8800 figure needed a bit of translating. 4800 would not be bad at all for that price though. Or, I could go with the one Hakan posted and replace the cells?

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Replacing the cells will be better, but more expensive.
    If you don't mind extra size and weight of chinese 6x18650/8x18650 batteries - buy them, they usually have good capacity just because they're using more cells.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhmr View Post
    Thanks. I kind of figured that the 8800 figure needed a bit of translating. 4800 would not be bad at all for that price though. Or, I could go with the one Hakan posted and replace the cells?
    I would go to 4x 3000-3400mAh panasonics from fasttech or lipo from hobbyking .

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have found that most of the batteries from Kaidomain are hit or miss ( see my posts in the battery thread).
    Buying a good, solid battery from Xeccon or Action is what I would suggest.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    I would go to 4x 3000-3400mAh panasonics from fasttech or lipo from hobbyking .
    When replacing batteries you really do have to consider your need for more run time. No sense in buying the most expensive batteries if you typically only ride 2-2.5 hrs. in the dark. You can still buy good ( Sanyo or Samsung ) 2600 to 2800mAh cells at bargain prices and you will be surprised at how well they will work. Currently I use a 4-cell battery that was built with either Sanyo 2600's or Baks. ( 3 yr old Bikeray battery ) This makes the battery 5200mAh. I've been very pleased using these batteries and have never had a problem with run times. Now if you are running a lamp with three or more emitters than you will need a bigger battery ( if you want 3 or more hours of run time.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    When replacing batteries you really do have to consider your need for more run time.
    I considered the longest run time implicitly but you are right. If you don't need that much run time go for 2600-2800 or even good 2200-2400. I am going to power 2 SS X2 and Skyray S6 (perhaps) from one battery (8000 mAh lipo) - the bigger the better for me :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    When replacing batteries you really do have to consider your need for more run time. No sense in buying the most expensive batteries if you typically only ride 2-2.5 hrs. in the dark. You can still buy good ( Sanyo or Samsung ) 2600 to 2800mAh cells at bargain prices and you will be surprised at how well they will work. Currently I use a 4-cell battery that was built with either Sanyo 2600's or Baks. ( 3 yr old Bikeray battery ) This makes the battery 5200mAh. I've been very pleased using these batteries and have never had a problem with run times. Now if you are running a lamp with three or more emitters than you will need a bigger battery ( if you want 3 or more hours of run time.)
    Yeah, I am going to wait until my new light arrives before making any decisions. I am very pleased with the light output and run time of my KD 2 XML-U2. The new light is 3x and I am anticipating the possibility that I may (only) be paying for a lighthead and charger with a sup-par battery. My current need is only for a 2hr or less run time, but next year I will be doing races that include multiple night laps so I may need more power (or batteries) in either case.

mtbr member

K/D 2 x XML, MJ880 Clone

Ordered a clone and the Action LED lens for the 880 with high hopes that it will fit and give me a bright flood for my bars. I don't suppose anyone's already attempted this combo?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Ordered a clone and the Action LED lens for the 880 with high hopes that it will fit and give me a bright flood for my bars. I don't suppose anyone's already attempted this combo?
    I saw your post in the other thread. Did you order the XML-T6 version (http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021414) or the XML-U2 version (http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021518)?

mtbr member

K/D 2 x XML, MJ880 Clone

I saw your post in the other thread. Did you order the XML-T6 version (http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021414) or the XML-U2 version (http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021518)?
    The black U2 version. That's the newer version, right? http://kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S021521
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The black U2 version. That's the newer version, right? http://kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S021521
    Yeah, that's the newer/better one. On the other thread you had linked to the T6 version. I have the black U2 version as well and I'm curious to read what you have to say about it when the time comes.

mtbr member

K/D 2 x XML, MJ880 Clone

Yeah - I linked that before I ordered. I'll definitely post back in this thread with my thoughts on the light and the lenses.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yeah - I linked that before I ordered. I'll definitely post back in this thread with my thoughts on the light and the lenses.
    Nice. I think as more and more questionable SSX2's hit the market, people will start getting over their $50+ fear and start giving this unit a harder look. The extra $10-$15 appears to go a long way.

mtbr member

K/D 2 x XML, MJ880 Clone

Nice. I think as more and more questionable SSX2's hit the market, people will start getting over their $50+ fear and start giving this unit a harder look. The extra $10-$15 appears to go a long way.
    Well, I have one of those on the way too. I bought that one looking for a light, low profile helmet light. A friend ordered the version on amazon and is pretty happy with it so hopefully Ill get a good one. Fingers crossed.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Well, I have one of those on the way too. I bought that one looking for a light, low profile helmet light. A friend ordered the version on amazon and is pretty happy with it so hopefully Ill get a good one. Fingers crossed.
    Then you can be the one to do a direct comparison between the two. I have nothing against the SSX2, but as the price continues to go down, I am reading about more and more shortcomings (unit and/or battery).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have nothing against the SSX2, but as the price continues to go down, I am reading about more and more shortcomings (unit and/or battery).
    I bought 2 SS X2 heads since I could not find these MJ880 clone heads alone. I pretty much don't like that li-ion cells lottery from CN :-(

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    I bought 2 SS X2 heads since I could not find these MJ880 clone heads alone. I pretty much don't like that li-ion cells lottery from CN :-(
    Pretty much doesn't matter who you buy these from, the battery quality will always be questionable. This is also true of the lamp heads as well because time and time again we see a lack of standard quality controls with the mass produced Chinese lamps. You accept all this before you decide to roll the dice. A better battery you can always buy and use with any number of lamps but if the lamp is crap or doesn't meet your expectations than you rolled a snake eyes. Just remember, everyone has different expectations. What makes someone else happy might not please you at all.

If you really wanted the 880 clone you should of bought one and not worried that you couldn't just buy the lamp head alone. While you might have saved $10 doing it that way it wouldn't be like you didn't get anything for the extra $10 of buying one with battery. Even if you don't like the cheap battery it will probably still work and still be there if you need a back-up. You just can't ( or shouldn't ) rely upon it as your primary voltage source. Regardless, once you know it's limitations it can still be of use.

mtbr member

K/D 2 x XML, MJ880 Clone

So, Cat, what's the most cost effective way to get a good, reliable battery? Make one? Buy from Action LED?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    So, Cat, what's the most cost effective way to get a good, reliable battery? Make one? Buy from Action LED?
    Not sure I can answer that. Probably best to shop around. I'm sure the list I started over on the Battery Thread back in January is out of date. Both Action LED and Xeccon offer some good deals on batteries but I'm sure there must be other places. Been a while since I've done a price survey on bike batteries.

Personally, if I were looking for a good four cell battery I want at least 5200mAh capacity but would prefer something higher like 5600, 5800, 6200 or 6800mAh
    Hard to find a decent price on a 4-cell battery made with higher capacity Sanyo, Samsung or Panasonic cells.

If you don't mind fiddling around with loose cells you could try one of those 4-cell holders and buy some decent quality cells to go into it. Not what I would do but it certainly can work if you don't mind the inconvenience of messing with a cell holder.

If you can find a good 4-cell 5600 or 5800mAh battery ( Samsung or Sanyo ) in the $50 USD range that would be a good place to start. If you want more capacity ( > 6000mAh ) the best deals are with 6-cells ( although 6-cell batteries are heavier than 4-cells, thus the lower cost ). Xeccon lighting has some good deals on those.

If I had the money I'd buy one of the 4-cell ( Panasonic cells ) Gloworm batteries ( Action LED ) but those are not cheap. On the other hand Xeccon has a very good price on a Samsung 6-cell (7800mAh ) . Hard to beat the price on those. I don't know why there is such a price jump with 4-cells once you go over 4400mAh.

mtbr member
    looking at fins on Chinese lights makes you wonder if Chinese people understand what fins are for ?

i wonder if Chinese have ever seen an air conditioner or a car radiator and asked themselves why the fins are a fraction of a millimeter on them but are maybe 1/4 inch on the lights they're making ?

the objective of fins is to add surface area, unless you're a Chinese light maker then apparently the objective is to add dead weight.

if these guys built an air conditioner with fins like that it would take up the whole room and weigh 10,000 pounds.

sorry, lol, but i just find it funny.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast