Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ituo Wiz XP3

47K views 356 replies 41 participants last post by  Wire 
#1 · (Edited)
Ituo WIZ XP3 Review

Here is the Ituo WIZ XP3 triple XM-L2 Neutral White light we have been anticipating.

(website isn't showing anything yet as I have the production sample, which I say is good to go)

Ituo WIz XP3 Light head only (includes everything except battery and charger): $149.99

Ituo WIZ XP3 Full Kit: $209.99

First impressions:

Quality build inside and out. A bit "plain" looking in appearance but its performance and functionality more than make up for that. Nice mounting options, Ituo has their quick release style handlebar mount which is really nice. Better than perma-mounting aluminum ones so I dont have huge gopro mounts on my bars. Pack is rather nice, neoprene (think xeccon) pouch, full rubber casing around the pack (ituo went with neon yellow instead of normal black). Charger is actually branded and looks like something decent. DSS is the brand, huge thumbs up there, no random cheap charger. And charges at 1.5A so another plus. And of course the remote. I still hold to my opinion button could be taller so its easier to find through gloves but thats the only "complaint" with it.

Included:

1 XP3 light head
1 gopro style helmet mount
1 QR gopro style bar mount
1 6400mah Panasonic NCR18650BE 4 cell pack
1 1.5A, 8.4V charger
1 removable wired remote
1 thumb screw and velcro strap
User manual

Ratings:

-2300 Lumens Output (over 2400 lumens tested at 30 seconds, steady output for almost entire run time still a bit over 2300 lumens)
-Run time is 2 hrs. Just barely makes it when ran on high obviously the entire time
-Weight for the head is 108G (remote and mounts not included in that weight, never are with any light i know of)
-Current Draw is 3A at fresh charge, increasing to 4.1A near the end before it drops off to 1000 lumen range. Holds pretty steady at 3A for most of the run time on high.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Mole

No standard vancbiker mounts WONT work as they are. The screws are a different size and 2 of them. But if needed I can get measurements for you to give Vanc. Or since you ordered an XP2 already, they uses the EXACT same mount so youll have it there in front of you when you get it to know what you need to make a Vanc mount work.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
These looks super sweet! I's got to have one!
Not that I really need another new lamp but the ITOU company is an innovative and new source for Quality bike lights that I really feel needs to be supported by the community. I am really looking forward to how this lamp sizes up to the other really good bike lights in today's market. Tig, prices please for full kit & headlight only as soon as possible.

#17 ·
Yeah, it's about three times the price I was hoping for, which was obviously very unrealistic. They are making top quality stuff which demands a higher price. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted, but it's out of my price range right now.

I do feel like a chump though. We spent all that time going back and forth on multiple build-your-custom light threads discussing what would the perfect light. Then someone builds it and sells our own ideas back to us at top dollar. Initially I thought they were doing us a favor, but in reality we are doing them the favor. This will be a big seller and we did all their market research for them. Instead of giving my ideas (or our ideas) out for free, it seems like it's better to come up with your own company and try to sell it to everyone here. I can't be the only one on the forum who has come to this conclusion. Probably not the best place to post this, my apologies.

#18 ·
Yeah, it's about three times the price I was hoping for, which was obviously very unrealistic. Obviously they are making top quality stuff which demands a higher price. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted, but it's out of my price range right now.

I do feel like a chump though. We spent all that time going back and forth on multiple build-your-custom light threads discussing what would the perfect light. Then someone builds it and sells our own ideas back to us at top dollar. Initially I thought they were doing us a favor, but in reality we are doing them the favor. This will be a big seller and we did all their market research for them. Instead of giving my ideas (or our ideas) out for free, it seems like it's better to come up with your own company and try to sell it to everyone here. I can't be the only one on the forum who has come to this conclusion. Probably not the best place to post this, my apologies.
That's how market research works. Companies gather information from their target consumers to make the most desirable product. By us investing the time to compile all the things we were looking for we insured that the XP3 was custom made just for us. Sounds to me like Ituo did us a favor and gave us the light we wanted just with quality parts throughout at a very reasonable price for what you get. Gearbest is still planning to build the "Ceap Chinese" version for approx. $50. So lucky us have a choice of 2 quality levels of the light we wanted. I'll happily pay the extra for the Ituo to get the better quality/a warranty/U.S. distributor with fast shipping. If you decide to get the Gearbest version I'll look forward to your review/impressions.
Mole

#21 ·
My thoughts; yeah it would have been nice if the price for the kit would have been under $200. Perhaps with pre-order discount we might be able to get a lower price. Lamp head only is still not a bad deal at $150.

Maybe it's just me but I was never under the illusion that this type of product was going to be sold at a rock bottom price. the price might be higher than expected but it is still in a reasonable range. ( not to mention that it might be the brightest 3 emitter lamp available at this time. )

I'm still waiting to find out when this project is going to be available. Also waiting on a discount code.

#25 · (Edited)
Its cool, its the cost of wanting great build quality and options we want. Plus product support/warranty. We can have the basic functionality a lot cheap, but then we play the Gamble of if it even works when it arrives and if so, for how long.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
All in all, without ideas served to them from here all they would come up is just regular sh** that you can buy on ebay or aliexpress, on - low - medium - high - strobe - sos - off, thats all they know.
Anyway, for 210$ there is a ton of options not limited only to bike style lights, flashlights also work fine.
I was intrigued at the beginning, wondered how will this light turn up but now I am not even coinsidering it (maybe one day in far distant future when they achieve Nitecore or Olight or Fenix level (on their own) I may give them a chance), I got myself 2 x Nitefighters BC40S (15$ each from ebay, superb quality), made 2 x 2S3P battery packs with genuine panasonic cells (40$ each, including hunk-lee 7A protection pcb and that fancy magicshine plastic case)and that's a 110$ setup that can easily beat XP3 and XP4, maybe even XP5 if they survive that long to make one...

Don't know what else to say while I wait for night to come to try out Fenix BC30R that I got yesterday (from ebay, for half the price of XP3)...

p.s. Nice smiling kity you have there :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.