Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Introducing Xeccon + mtbRevolution

Hello everyone,

Xeccon Light would like to present "Xeccon" which will deal with all matters Xeccon.

Regards,
    Faye
    Xeccon Light
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

mtbr member
    Thanks Faye and hello all. Firstly let me introduce myself. Most of you will know me as Leonard of Magicshine AU but I am not here in that capacity. mtbRevolution is a separate entity working hand in hand with Xeccon Light for the promotion of Xeccon products. Both businesses are sponsors of this forum.

In the next few weeks, you will hear more about Xeccon and their products especially the new Spiker series. We will also talk about other goodies from Xeccon like the S12 with upgraded U2 emitters. There has been background activity in this regard which soon be revealed. So watch this space.

Xeccon requires little introduction but will now take this opportunity to step closer to the light. They are an experienced manufacturer of LED products who are now a registered trademark with patented products. Xeccon Light is driving its ambition to be a mainstream designer & manufacturer of bike lights and accessories. This means using innovative engineering, using quality parts and high regard for QC. It is not in Xeccon Lights modus operandi to bargain hunt for cheaper grades of componentry Ė I know a few do. To make the best of something you need the best and freshest ingredients. This is proven with product reviews found in other forums. This of course extends to the new products coming online.

We will talk, listen and breathe lights. Listening to what riders want is the recipe to designing and producing great LED products. New ideas and concepts have been tossed around at Xeccon. We will see fruits of labour in due course. We would like to hear more from you, mtbr contributors on what you want. We canít promise you it will happen, but we promise we will listen.

Xeccon has administration office in Bloomington, Indiana which manages the US market including warranty issues should they arise. Thatís buying confidence knowing your light warranty more than lip service. If you have warranty claim it will be dealt with promptly.

Faye or a representative from Xeccon Light will also be involved in discussions and answering questions you may have on all things Xeccon. We will sign off accordingly.

Thank you for your attention.

Kind regards,
    Leonard Ė mtbRevolution.com and on behalf of Xeccon Lights
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    4 modes, High, Low, Light Sense and Strobe
    What is this?

Can we have some warm white LEDs please, and for gods sake NOBODY WANTS STROBE MODE ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE LIGHT. NOBODY.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    What is this?

Can we have some warm white LEDs please, and for gods sake NOBODY WANTS STROBE MODE ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE LIGHT. NOBODY.
    Light Sense is an auto light-sensing mode. It's certainly something new for bike lights. The Spiker 1206 has this sensor at the back of the unit which senses ambient light around it and adjust the output accordingly - there will be reviews of the 1206 and others on mtbr shortly. If the user doesn't want to use that feature, he/she can just skip that mode and use the Spiker 1206 in normal hi, low or strobe modes.

In my time dealing with lights, we have people insisting bike lights should have strobe while others think it's a waste of time - I've never used strobe in my night rides so to a degree I am with you there. Many commuters use their single spot lights on strobe in the daytime or late evening so they are seen in heavy traffic. Having a constant on makes them almost invisible in the "noise of lights" from cars, shops, signs etc.

Cat lately made a suggestion to Gloworm on red lenses to covert the X2/V2 into a daytime rear be-seen-light. Now that won't work if the X2/V2 doesn't have a strobe mode.

Xeccon will take all suggestions on board. There will be some lights with, and some without strobe. I've lived without it, but other's can't.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

One Gear
    When will your website be up and running? Edit: I did see the Xeccon lights on the other site.

Where are the Xeccon lights manufactured?

Could you please post photos of the internal construction of the lights? For those of us who build lights, we would like to see how it's put together. The thermal transfer path from the LED to the housing is a big part of what separates the crappy lights from the quality lights.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Can we have some warm white LEDs please.
    On this subject, we need to have a mtbr Poll on LED colour/tone selection. It will be a useful insight to manufacturers.

Xeccon Light, from now on known as just Xeccon will use more, if not all U2s from now on. I was asked not long ago to choose colour tone for our special order S12 with U2. I found it hard to make up my mind on what I want, let alone what the masses want. There are many who like a warmer white while other's prefer a cooler white. Some like pure white or blue tone while others like a yellow tone for depth perception.

Will run the poll in due course. The Xeccon handle is a newbie so I don't think we can conduct polls yet. So if someone wants to start off that poll, we would appreciate it.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .40AET View Post
    When will your website be up and running? Edit: I did see the Xeccon lights on the other site.

Where are the Xeccon lights manufactured?

Could you please post photos of the internal construction of the lights? For those of us who build lights, we would like to see how it's put together. The thermal transfer path from the LED to the housing is a big part of what separates the crappy lights from the quality lights.

Thanks
    Xeccon lights are manufactured in "LED City" Shenzhen, China, just across from Hong Kong.

On pics of internals, we will have to defer that request. The Spikers are brand new lights with some cool ideas incorporated into them. Reviews are being conducted as we speak. Lux, temperature readings etc will be published. The performance will speak volumes of the construction inside. Good or bad, we will find out.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member

Xeccon S-12 review/preview

I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell people that I am one of the people that was contacted to review one of the new Xeccon lamps. Initially I declined because I really didn't want to mess with anything that I felt was meant to be used on the bars. I am very happy with my Gloworm X2 thank you. However since I am interested in finding a better/longer throwing helmet solution I asked if I could review something meant for the helmet. I guess the timing was right as Xeccon was about to release a U2 version of the S-12, the base product that the Bikeray Speed II is modeled after.

So anyway I have the new U2 version of the S-12 in me hot little hands. So to whom it may concern:

I have received the Xeccon S-12 from Xeccon for the purpose of doing an impartial user review. No money was paid for the light set. I have not been asked to return the lamp when the review is over. I do not work or receive any compensation for doing the review other than keeping the light ( If I chose to do so ) If Xeccon chooses to request the lamp back when I am done I will comply with the request.

When I am ready I will post a separate thread for the review. The review will be very basic. I will compare it to a couple lamps and torches that I use for helmet duties. There will be no tear-down of the lamp or battery. There will be some beam shot photos but not many. Since I feel that any lamp might have to withstand some rain I will give it a quick 15 min. splash down some time during the review. As per my other review(s), if anything goes wrong I will report it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by .40AET View Post
    ...Could you please post photos of the internal construction of the lights? For those of us who build lights, we would like to see how it's put together. The thermal transfer path from the LED to the housing is a big part of what separates the crappy lights from the quality lights.

Thanks
    .40AET, Consider this a quickie peek at my review...The construction of the S-12 (U2) looks very solid. One thing I did notice right away is that it is a bit heavier than my MS 808E. No doubt the internal heat sink/reflector has some added weight. This should aid in the lamps ability to dissipate heat.

So far I have only shone the light around a couple times while at work. I like what I'm initially seeing. Definitely is out-throwing my drop-in torches but of course I am getting ahead of myself. Best that I not add too much pre-review hype as I intend to let the beam photos do most of the talking.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 08-19-2012 at 02:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the declaration Cat. We will say as little as possible about the S12 with U2 so we don't pre-empt your review.

We asked you because you have a reputation of saying things as they are(and an obsession for light throw). I remember your review and thoughts of the X1 when you first got it. You spoke freely without fear or favor. We expect no less from you here. Forum reviews are risky for manufacturers. The choice of coming to you is akin to a game of poker. We know we have a good hand and we're going all in.

The S12 is not exactly new so we do not need a comprehensive introduction to the light. Just need your thoughts of how it looks, performs (including a good bath so don't hold back), weaknesses and improvement suggestions. We do not expect lux and temperature test for this S12 review. We need those for the Spiker 1206, 1207 and 1210 though.

Xeccon will be releasing their rear light soon - if my meddling don't hold them up longer. mtbr members have commented on various occasions about wanting an uber bright rear light. We have to balance that with everyday use, so I have suggested to Xeccon to incorporate a dimmable or brightness mode feature on a XP-G (minimum) equipped rear blinker. It will not be XM-L U2, sorry. If anyone has suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them in this thread.

Reviewed lights should be in separate threads but anything to do with Xeccon and lights in general, please post in this one.

Thanks.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the declaration Cat. We will say as little as possible about the S12 with U2 so we don't pre-empt your review.

We asked you because you have a reputation of saying things as they are(and an obsession for light throw). I remember your review and thoughts of the X1 when you first got it. You spoke freely without fear or favor. We expect no less from you here. Forum reviews are risky for manufacturers. The choice of coming to you is akin to a game of poker. We know we have a good hand and we're going all in.

Leonard

Okay, I win so hand over the Salmon.

just a Newbie
    Thanks for the Introduction Xeccon.

Here is some information for reader to know what is ahead. Xeccon has sent me some of their Spiker Series light. I recieved them several days ago and have been getting myself familiar with them. I will be posting my review. They will not be all review at the same time to prevent clustering the board.

At Znomit: I do have the 1206 light with sensor mode for review. That will be up soon. It senses the surrounding light and adjust the output. More on that in the review thread.

At Catmando: I can hardly wait to see your review for the S12 U2. Sound like a impressive thrower.

mtbr member
    Hi Colleen, you're welcome and thanks again for doing this for us. We will say the same to you as we've said to Cat. Review and report as you've tested them. If there are flaws, we want to get on top of it. Please take your time with the reviews. We are in no hurry. Doing them one at a time is probably the best idea.

As for the review samples, it's normal practice for the reviewer to keep the items he/she reviewed whether the outcome is A+ or F. We won't break convention. If you are reviewing a Mercedes Benz E55 AMG then yes, we want it back.

A note: I just ordered some 1207s. Xeccon will build 1207s in U2 for us because we do not want anything else. I think you may have been given the standard spec 1207 before this was confirmed. I will confirm with Faye.

We have been talking about a Poll for colour tints, whether it's T6 or U2. I need to know what to list on the poll. Warm White, Cool White, Pure White, Yellow-er tints, Blue-r tints and I know Greener tints are out the window so we won't include that. Or quote in spectrum numbers. So readers please tell us what tints you like and we'll put on the poll list and see how they fare in percentage terms. We will make future decisions from there.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Gee, interesting to see that the S12's "output can reach as high as 1600 Lumens"

How did you manage that?

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Gee, interesting to see that the S12's "output can reach as high as 1600 Lumens"

How did you manage that?

Tim
    Members who know me here know I do not subscribe to those kind of marketing. Where did you see that published?

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    znomit, "Xeccon" the mtbr member did not post the paragraph you quoted. Please show link to where we said that.

We cannot be responsible for what others say other forums or websites. We did not say it and we have no control over them.
    Quotes are from your website.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quotes are from your website.
    but not quotes in the mtbr forum. So you agree I did not say that here.

We do not speak like that on mtbRevolution.com or magicshineledlights.com.au. If you are referring to xecconlight.com. I will look into it. I do not control their website.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Members who know me here know I do not subscribe to those kind of marketing. Where did you see that published?
    Leonard
    Leonard

Here's where I found it: http://www.xecconlight.com/cree-t6-led-bike-light-s12
    by following the link in your signature.

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Hi Tim, we are doing reviews of 3 lights so we can get closer lumen numbers etc. so lets wait for the review. Cat's review of S12 U2 is not part of the review involving integrating sphere and temperature test. We are looking to confirm the S12 U2, not standard S12, throws well.

Please check mtbRevolution.com. instead for reference - we have an ad banner on the right and our own signature mtbRevolution.com. If we are saying something wrong there by all means tell me. Xecconlight.com is not under my control and is going through a re-vamp before their banner ad becomes live. It will match theoretical lumens and estimated nominal lumens standards we are used to.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Hi all, we have not been away, but we have been away from the reviews as to let the review/s flow with minimal interference. If we didnít answer you itís not because we didnít read your questions. We just needed to step aside which is hard to do because we believe in quick responding customer service. We asked Colleen and Cat to review our lights because they will find out everything there is to know about the lights they are reviewing. Itís THEIR review. We will keep it that way.

With their expertise, experience and technical knowledge with lights, they are more than capable answering questions from members. We leave it to them to answer you in their review post. If you have questions in the general nature or questions about the lights being reviewed but want to ask us directly, please do so here.

With two reviews in progress and another two to come Ė the 1207 and 1210, we will continue talking about other things happening at Xeccon. We will reveal there are two more new Spikers about to be launched. So thatís a total of 5 new Spikers and a new rear light in Xecconís new arsenal.

Now, we have also spoken about the market wanting a really bright rear light. The new one we just spoke about has gone too far into the process to be changed. However, suggestions have been taken on board so we will be looking into building that really bright rear light soon. This high-powered rear light will not be a self-contained unit.

Xeccon will have an exhibitors booth at Interbike 2012 happening in Las Vegas, Sept 19-21. We will launch another exciting new product then which I am not at liberty to divulge at the moment. If you are at Interbike, please drop by and say hello to our US representatives who are in charge of the US market. They are the people handling warranties and new reseller contracts. For resellers interested in working with Xeccon, please contact Faye at Xeccon.

After the dust has settled from the launch of the Spikers and the buzz of Interbike over, we will get back to working on the bright rear light and some prototypes. We have been working on some concepts including an insanely long throwing bar light. We will see how that goes. As you would have noticed, Xeccon don't do ordinary.

We still havenít done the LED tint poll. To make it simple, my suggestion would be Warm, Neutral or Cool White. We will get it going soon. Majority rules so please put in your vote so we can best work for YOU.

We also mentioned about XecconLight having a banner ad above mtbrevolution.com. That has been deferred, for now. We have spoken to admin about some issues which they will look into.

All seems to be going well to date so by the end of next week, I will demand Cat to pass over the Salmon.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member

New Product Update

Hi all,

Xeccon will be releasing it's new rear light. This micro design will also be used for a front light model equipped with Cree XM-L U2. The rear light will be equipped with Cree R2 Red with 200 theoretical lumens probably producing over 100 lumens. We're still working on the mounting options before release. This is a sneak preview of the lamp head.

Geinea weights a mere 23 grams. Dimensions are 27 diameter by 23mm long. The reflector uses an optical lens. Runtime with the R2 Red is approximately 15 hours and 3.5 hours with the U2.

The light set will come with Xeccon's BAK 4400mAh battery. It will be sold individually or as a set including Y cables to share the battery pack. Connectors are standard so it will work with most batteries.

Xeccon is still working on a brighter rear light. We will bring you news closer to date.

Happy trails.

Leonard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Xeccon + mtbRevolution-mini-light-23g_-geniea.jpg  

mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    anxiously awaiting more info on this set! Me want!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saypat View Post
    anxiously awaiting more info on this set! Me want!
    It will be out in about 20 days from now. The front or rear light interest you, Pat? If it throws well, it would make a great helmet light.

The brighter rear light is on the drawing board. It will most probably be multiple XPG.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi all,

Xeccon will be releasing it's new rear light. This micro design will also be used for a front light model equipped with Cree XM-L U2. The rear light will be equipped with Cree R2 Red with 200 theoretical lumens probably producing over 100 lumens. We're still working on the mounting options before release. This is a sneak preview of the lamp head.

Geinea weights a mere 23 grams. Dimensions are 27 diameter by 23mm long. The reflector uses an optical lens. Runtime with the R2 Red is approximately 15 hours and 3.5 hours with the U2.

The light set will come with Xeccon's BAK 4400mAh battery. It will be sold individually or as a set including Y cables to share the battery pack. Connectors are standard so it will work with most batteries.

Xeccon is still working on a brighter rear light. We will bring you news closer to date.

Happy trails.

Leonard
    Hi Leonard,
    Interesting light, this should attract lots of attention! Hope things are going well for you.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What do you think lumens will be for the U2. Also, do you have a helmet mount for it.

I have a GEO battery and a Y cable already so this is interesting as a rear light as well.

Let us know when you know the individual price.

Thx

MB

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It will be out in about 20 days from now. The front or rear light interest you, Pat? If it throws well, it would make a great helmet light.

The brighter rear light is on the drawing board. It will most probably be multiple XPG.

Leonard

Greetings Leonard! I'll keep my eyes open for it. Interested in the set. Are both coming out on the 20th, or just the front, as u said the rear is on the drawing board? Thanks Leonard, take care...

patrick

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast