Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhmr View Post
    Very nice. Does it (still) have those square connectors for the battery jack? I'm going to order 1 unit with the battery, but the other unit plain with just the Y-adapter. Trying to make sure that I buy the right Y-adapter. I'd rather just use my own, but I'd like it to be waterproof. Thanks.
    The Geinea line was the first to come with square connectors and has been ever since. We have 3 sorts of Y's in Oz - please check under accessories. Use your own in the meantime. Round connectors work with the squares as you notice.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Okay, I put my order in. I'll post my thoughts in the appropriate thread. Really looking forward to this. Especially for my gf who does a lot more road rides than me. I want us both to be as noticeable as possible on the road.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hi Leonard,

I've purchased 2 x SolarStorm X2s, unfortunately prior to seeing your handywork here, and I'd like to upgrade their battery capacity.

I ride downhill on steep, technical trails at night and I alternate between running a single unit on my helmet and both units simultaenously on my handlebars, but in both both scenarios I prefer to use the brightest setting

For these scenarios would of your packs would give me the best battery runtime, while maintaining their brightest setting?
    • Xeccon Samsung 12.6V 5200mAh Hard Shell Li-ion Battery
    • Xeccon Samsung 8.4V 7800mAh Li-ion Hard Shell Battery
    • Tobest 8.4V 6000mAh Lithium Polymer Battery

And would any of these batteries be able to power both units simultaneously on high for a decent amount of time?

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Xeccon Samsung 8.4V 7800mAh Li-ion Hard Shell Battery will give you the longest runtime and should be able to power 2 lights.
    Current draw on high is about 1.7A for most SSX2 clones, so ~3-3.5A for 2 lights and about 2.5, maybe 3 hours runtime.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edtau View Post
    I've purchased 2 x SolarStorm X2s, unfortunately prior to seeing your handywork here, and I'd like to upgrade their battery capacity.
    Sorry 'bout that. Good to get reliable power source. Don't concentrate on the warhead alone. Rocket fuel to get us all the way there is important.
    I ride downhill on steep, technical trails at night and I alternate between running a single unit on my helmet and both units simultaneously on my handlebars, but in both both scenarios I prefer to use the brightest setting
    High all the way is the only way to go. If we keep switching up and down, we lose track of how much juice we have left in the batteries. Keeping time is the best way to track when you have quality batteries.
    For these scenarios would of your packs would give me the best battery runtime, while maintaining their brightest setting?
    • Xeccon Samsung 12.6V 5200mAh Hard Shell Li-ion Battery
    • Xeccon Samsung 8.4V 7800mAh Li-ion Hard Shell Battery
    • Tobest 8.4V 6000mAh Lithium Polymer Battery

And would any of these batteries be able to power both units simultaneously on high for a decent amount of time?
    Two to three hour rides (on high setting of course) if we follow Kir's assessment of 1.7A draw average. Sharing the 7800 battery via a Y cable will see runtime halved. It will cause havoc with the battery indicators but it will give you exactly performance of one, divided by two when you share it.

dgw7000 will be testing the 7800s and 5200 from Gemini with the SSX2 and SSX3. We'll await his test results.

Shipping batteries only is out of the question lately - I still haven't worked out how some are doing it when we have MSDS and still getting a no. No agent or carrier will touch batteries only shipments unless we pay double the normal rate. If it's going as a set, then that's ok.

We have 7800mAh batteries in the US for the past few weeks. We are not using Xeccon's Bloomington IN service point anymore. We have our own now located in Broomfield CO. Any USA batteries only/specials will be shipped from there. We didn't announce this because we don't have the square to round adaptor cables there and we're not keen to ship twice for every battery order. Prices are up but a lot cheaper than others. Please pay little but more for our special dispatcher who provides quick and reliable service via USPS. We are also planning to send some Samsung 4 cell 5200's and 2A chargers over to the US.

With other countries like the UK or EU, we can only send batteries as a set. We will put in 2 in a set of required. You will find our S12 Two isn't costly compared to the Chinese Bike Light Phenomenon. For USD 79.00 you get 4 cell BAK 4400mAh (normally about the USD 35 mark), charger, o-rings, helmet mount, extension cable including shipping. The light head works out less than USD 20.00 for the longest throwing race-proven spotlight there is, bar none. Support us and we'll do more.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    We have 7800mAh batteries in the US for the past few weeks. We are not using Xeccon's Bloomington IN service point anymore. We have our own now located in Broomfield CO. Any USA batteries only/specials will be shipped from there. We didn't announce this because we don't have the square to round adaptor cables there and we're not keen to ship twice for every battery order. Prices are up but a lot cheaper than others.
    Do you plan to make this adapter available in the US and if so when?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks04 View Post
    Do you plan to make this adapter available in the US and if so when?
    Will have the adaptors tomorrow. Should be at Broomfield CO by the end of next week. Our USA Only page is here.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Are any of your lights going to be in the official mtbr light shootout?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Are any of your lights going to be in the official mtbr light shootout?
    Yes. The Sogn 700, Spiker 1210 and Geinea Front + Rear combo are in the shootout. I stumbled upon the beamshot of the Sogn and Spiker over at L&M's site. The 1210 is as expected but not the Sogn.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    dgw7000 will be testing the 7800s and 5200 from Gemini with the SSX2 and SSX3. We'll await his test results.
    Saw dgw7000's test in the other thread and if your Samsung 8.4V 7800 pack can power 2 x X2s for over 3 hours, then that's enough for me to push the button.

I have a third light which is a 5 x CREE XM-L T6 chinese job (exactly like this one on ebay) and given the high number of LED's, is the 8.4V 7800 pack still the most ideal to extend it's runtime?

Shipping batteries only is out of the question lately - I still haven't worked out how some are doing it when we have MSDS and still getting a no. No agent or carrier will touch batteries only shipments unless we pay double the normal rate. If it's going as a set, then that's ok.
    I figure I'll purchase two units given the challenges you mention and the fact I read nothing but great things about your kit.. Could you tell me whether it would be just as easy to ship to Germany, as it would to Australia? I live and ride MTB in Germany but am in Australia often so I could also bring them back over from there if necessary.

Also, can I charge your batteries with the standard chinese chargers I received with my X2? They're rated to 8.4V and 1000mA.

Oh and since I'll be using round connectors, do you have a Y-Adapter cable with male square (battery side) and female round (light side) connectors? This would be useful to reduce clutter on the bike as I remember reading somewhere that your included square > round adapter cables are quite long...

mtbr member
    Saw dgw7000's test in the other thread and if your Samsung 8.4V 7800 pack can power 2 x X2s for over 3 hours, then that's enough for me to push the button.

I have a third light which is a 5 x CREE XM-L T6 chinese job (exactly like this one on ebay) and given the high number of LED's, is the 8.4V 7800 pack still the most ideal to extend it's runtime?

I figure I'll purchase two units given the challenges you mention and the fact I read nothing but great things about your kit.. Could you tell me whether it would be just as easy to ship to Germany, as it would to Australia? I live and ride MTB in Germany but am in Australia often so I could also bring them back over from there if necessary.

Also, can I charge your batteries with the standard chinese chargers I received with my X2? They're rated to 8.4V and 1000mA.

Oh and since I'll be using round connectors, do you have a Y-Adapter cable with male square (battery side) and female round (light side) connectors? This would be useful to reduce clutter on the bike as I remember reading somewhere that your included square > round adapter cables are quite long...
    There's little doubt the 7800mAh pack will run the 5xT6 light for over 3 hours. These lights are seldom driven to the max. Heat generation aside, limitation seems to be with the components on the driver rather than the LEDs themselves. The connector looks compatible but, it will not be waterproof. The male connector is too thin. This thin diameter plug and the threaded ones seem most common with these type of lights.

Yes, we are still having problems shipping lithium only. Others still aren't declaring it when they should hence the X-Ray regime. Some are slipping through the net but many are caught and returned to sender.

Shipping is overnight 40ks from major centers in AU. Shipping direct to Germany is best option - we have to do this, get a S12 Two set and I will put in 2 x 7800s inside. As a set we have a 95% chance of it going through without issues. We have to go this route because there may be an issue with passengers carrying X amount of lithium in hand-luggage. Most airlines will not allow lithium batteries to be checked in. We do not want you to be forced to toss two brand new batteries into the bin. This is an example with Cathay Pacific. It should be across the board by now since all airlines are under IATA.

Yes the charger you mentioned will work. If you get the S12 set it will come with a 8.4V 2A charger. We have all square connector Ys. We have adaptors to convert it back to round but like I said, the 5xT6 connector is too thin to make it waterproof anyway.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Well I must say Leonard your customer service is first class and your product is sensational.

Took the setup out tonight just after it arrived without having any time to charge the packs - Both SSX2's running on high from one of the 7800's went over 2 hours and were still going when I arrived home..

You probably suspected this but I now also use your S12 Two in replacement of the 5 x Cree XM-L T6 chinese light I bought because the optics on your S12 Two are spot-on and FAR superior (it emits a spot about 100m ahead of me with a single cree led, where the 5 x XM-L T6 light had a spot that would go no more than 30 ~ 40m!)

My only feedback would be the round connectors to your Y-cable are just a tiny bit loose, meaning one of the SSX2's lost contact and went out when I was hitting some rock steps relatively quickly on a downhill trail..

Otherwise, pretty happy with the bang for buck!

mtbr member

My only feedback would be the round connectors to your Y-cable are just a tiny bit loose, meaning one of the SSX2's lost contact and went out when I was hitting some rock steps relatively quickly on a downhill trail..
    Thanks ed. Good to hear. With the bad contact, please cross-check if contact is intermittent with the other SSX2's male connector. Use the extension cable to verify it's not the female connector issue. The problem may be with the core pin contact at the male connector. If so, use a toothpick or something non-conductive to bend the core pin of the female connector by a few degrees, correct the male core pin contact or change the connector altogether by using the extension cable we included.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member

Xeccon Soft Shell Samsung 7800mAh USA Special

We are running a special on the Xeccon Soft Shell Samsung 7800mAh Li-ion battery. Price is USD 50 (today's rate) including free delivery via USPS. Our USA specials are handled by Mike from Westminster, CO. Stock is limited.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Well I must say Leonard your customer service is first class and your product is sensational.

Took the setup out tonight just after it arrived without having any time to charge the packs - Both SSX2's running on high from one of the 7800's went over 2 hours and were still going when I arrived home..

You probably suspected this but I now also use your S12 Two in replacement of the 5 x Cree XM-L T6 chinese light I bought because the optics on your S12 Two are spot-on and FAR superior (it emits a spot about 100m ahead of me with a single cree led, where the 5 x XM-L T6 light had a spot that would go no more than 30 ~ 40m!)

Otherwise, pretty happy with the bang for buck!
    The S-12 is something else. I plan on using one of the bars to supplement the Gloworm X2 (v3) I have. Not that the Gloworm needs the extra uhumph but on that special fire road descent I have in mind it will really add some extra long range punch. Coupled with the S-12 being used on the helmet, maximum satisfaction.

About the SSX2 connector being used with the Xeccon square connector; I tried mine just to see if this was really an issue. Sure enough the male plug on the SSX2 is not that long. There in lies the problem. Personally I can't see this as being too much a problem but if you want a tighter fit try this....When you plug the SS into the Xeccon square plug, when you have it in as far as it will go try screwing the threaded sleeve onto the square rubber shield of the Xeccon plug. It took me a couple times to get the hang of it but when I got it right it actually catches a couple of the threads so tightly that you can't pull it apart...really! I had to unscrew it to take it apart. That should solve that problem ( unless it stops working ) If that happens you then might have to go to option "B", remove the first rubberized ring on the SSX2 plug. Someone else wrote about that a while back. I assume they knew what they were talking about. No, I have not done it myself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    About the SSX2 connector being used with the Xeccon square connector; I tried mine just to see if this was really an issue. Sure enough the male plug on the SSX2 is not that long.
    I forgot to mention the soft shell 7800mAh battery comes with the 30cm square to round adapter cable. They will come free with all Xeccon batteries only listings. The round connectors are fully compatible with standard MS type 5.5 x 2.1.

We are sending the USA specials till Dec 22nd. Mike is having a short break and we'll resume shipping right after Christmas.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    We are running a special on the Xeccon Soft Shell Samsung 7800mAh Li-ion battery. Price is USD 50 (today's rate) including free delivery via USPS. Our USA specials are handled by Mike from Westminster, CO. Stock is limited.
    Your website is showing free delivery to addresses outside the USA. I assume that's an error.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue View Post
    Your website is showing free delivery to addresses outside the USA. I assume that's an error.
    No, it is not an error. We can only ship batteries only in the USA and Australia because of our service points. Shipping batteries only from our office in China to other destinations is not possible.

However, we've shipped up to two batteries in a S12 set - done this with Ed, and others in the Netherlands, UK and even USA for batteries we don't have at Westminster, Colorado. For a minimal additional cost, you get a S12 Two light head, charger, extension cable, helmet mount and 2 x o-rings. All these extras you can use or sell on ebay if you don't want them. Chances are, you'll make a profit. Just speak to us on what batteries you would like and we'll work something out with you. We are very flexible when it comes to options.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member

New developments

Update on new products. Pricing and detailed specs later.

Xeccon Bond. Self contained. 4 x XM-L. 5200mAh battery inside.

Xeccon Orion. 1 x XM-L. High intensity focus light - for night hunting or mtb. 4.2v 5200mAh. USB rechargeable. Battery can be used to charge phones etc via micro USB.

Xeccon Link. 1 x XM-L U2. Magnetic USB rechargeable. 300 lumens. 4.2v 1000mAh internal battery.

Xeccon Link Duo. 2 x XM-L. Magnetic USB rechargeable. 600 lumens. 4.2v 1000mAh internal battery.

Xeccon Horn. A bit left field but I've been looking for one personally. Up to 125dBA at 100m.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Xeccon Horn. A bit left field but I've been looking for one personally. Up to 125dBA at 100m.
    That looks AWESOME! I'd definitely be interested in that. It's exactly what the cycling community needs. I use the horn in my car constantly to alert idiot drivers of their idiocy. I'll probably wear one out on a bike in a few weeks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6