Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Introducing Xeccon + mtbRevolution

34K views 144 replies 34 participants last post by  steelhmr 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Xeccon Light would like to present "Xeccon" which will deal with all matters Xeccon.

Regards,
Faye
Xeccon Light

#54 · (Edited)
Hi all, just a few announcements. We've changed our Australian website as mtbRevolution Australia but will keep the domain name for now. mtbrRevolution.com will continue as it has but will get a sprucing up.

The Geinea rear light sale is still on and so are the soft pack batteries from Bloomington IN. There are no more hard shell versions there at the moment but drop us a line if it's more than one battery, we'll get it to you via FedEx or DHL. They are available on mtbRevolution.com and in our AU website.

The "S12 Two" will be out mid April. Like the S12 U2, this upgraded XM-L2 version is exclusive to mtbRevolution. From our understanding, everyone else has the original T6 version. We are currently offering Pre-Orders at AUD 105.00 with the BAK 4400mAh. We'll offer the Lithium Polymer 6000mAh and S12 Two at USD 120.00 including DHL/FedEx shipping. Average transit time 12 days from order.

The Sogn 700 6 x LED twin light will be released very shortly. We will have samples in a couple of weeks. There will be two versions - standard and wireless remote version. Will confirm the lumen numbers when I see it. Nearly fell off my chair first reading the numbers on e-mail. There are other models like the Spiker 1211 and Xeccon Niguer already released but we'll talk about those later.

#56 ·
Hey DRILLINDK, the S12 Two will be available just over a week from now. Can send it with whatever bar light you choose. A side note: the Spiker 1210 now comes with 3 modes - Hi>Med>Lo and no stepless dimming.

The Spiker 1211 is more like a 1206 single XM-L variation. So it's not a mtb bar light but probably a road bike bar light if it throws light well. I will check with Faye if they are fitting those with XM-L2. We can certainly get them to do that for us.

#58 ·
Is the spider 1210 the new 1207 with the new Cree light?

Are you planning on pricing them both together like the s12and 1207 are?
Hi DRILLINDK, replied both questions on PM. Clarify for those who don't know. XM-L2 can be fitted on the Spiker 1207 - most probably in our new stock. The S12 U2, Spiker 1206 and 1207s, they are currently fitted with XM-L U2 OD. Spiker 1210s are fitted with 4 x XP-G so it cannot be upgraded to 4 x XM-L2. If it's worth the exercise, it can be fitted with XP-G2s. Should there be a quad XM-L2 model in the future, it would probably be another brand new model.

Will include preview pics of the Spiker 1211, Niguer 300 and Sogn 700. XecconLight is still working on other new models. There will have an impressive range by the end of the year.

Attachments

#61 · (Edited)
This "Sogn 700" looks very interesting Len. 6-up? ( XP-G2? ) WIRELESS REMOTE !...:rockon:...What's the expected output?
Sorry it took me 24 hours to respond. I needed to double-check so I don't end up back-peddling on my statements. Before I continue, let me share this with everyone. Some model names Xeccon use are "significant transliterations" to the boss. With that aside, lets talk about the Sogn.

The Sogn 700 and 900 are two models with multiple LEDs. From my understanding, the wireless remote model will be fitted with XP-G R5s. Estimated max output 2800 lumens. The standard remote version will be fitted with either XM-L U2 or XM-L2. This heavily depends on the availability of the XM-L2s - it's not easy getting stock. Everyone's after it. The estimated max output for the XM-L version is in the vicinity of 4000 lumens. How close to max are these lights driven? I will say more when I have the lights in my hands in 10 days time - barring no delays. I was concerned with heat dissipation when I first read it. Faye has assured there is significant thermal dissipation and management in the design. To date, Xeccon light heads have proven to operate cooler than most time after time. If Xeccon Light has produced a high output light with great thermal management, this would be another feather to their cap.

Specifications for the XP-G R5 model are:

LED: 6 x Cree XP-G R5
Max Output: 2800 Lumens
Max Runtime: 2.2 hrs
Modes:
Switch A: The first 3 x R5 > Second 3 x R5 > 6 x R5 100% > 6 x R5 30% > 6 x R5 10% > OFF
Switch B: Fast Flash > Slow Flash > Lower Flash (2 per sec) > SOS
Reflector: Orange peel aluminum reflector
Material: Aircraft-grade aluminum
Surface treatment: Normal-anodized
Color: Black
Battery: 1 x 12.6v 4400mAh Battery Pack (included but there would be battery options in the future)
Waterproof: IPX 5
Dimensions:50mm(L)*67mm(W)*34mm(H)
Light head Weight: 150g

The XM-L model should have the same modes. Weight may be a tad more. Expect a larger battery.

No price as yet. It won't be anywhere near the price neighborhood of the My Tiny Sun Pro 3600 X which the Sogn can compare with. Get back to you as soon as I know.

Attachments

#62 ·
Spiker 1211, Niguer 300, Sogn 700 & 900

Received the Spiker 1211, Niguer 300, Sogn 700 and 900 sets. They look really good.

Firstly, the Spiker 1211. This light is small and light-weight. At 66 grams with the cable and connector this is the second lightest front light behind the Geinea light head. Dimensions is 35mm in diameter and 43mm long. Fitted with XM-L U2 to pump out 650 real lumens. The spot intensity is bright. Will publish runtime test later.

Next up is the Niguer 300. This is another XM-L light. Beam pattern and brightness is about the same as the 1211. The special feature of the Niguer is it's waterproof capabilities. It can be submerged up to 2 meters of water. Weight is 98 grams with cable and connector. Dimensions are 34mm in diameter and 49mm long. All new lights from Xeccon comes with square connectors which is a better waterproofing design. It is still compatible with standard MS type connectors but will not be waterproof.

The Sogn 900 is smaller than I first thought. Build quality is excellent. Weight is 175grams for the light head with alloy cam lock. 223 grams with controller, cables and connectors. Brightness? Will give any twin XM-L a run for their money. It's substantially brighter than the Spiker 1207. The wall shot comparison with the MJ-880U shows pretty similar initial output - maybe even a little brighter because the tint is white. Xeccon's thermal management will see it keep that brightness 5 > 8 > 15 mins onwards with it's twin XM-L2 emitter. Lumen count won't fall like a lead balloon. Will publish beamshots later this week. We are currently doing some runtime test. XecconLight would like to do some minor tweaking so there won't be a review for the Sogn 700 standard, wireless and Sogn 900 till later.

The brightness of the Sogn 700 standard light is phenomenal - my test unit came with XM-L U2 not XM-L2. Build is bigger and basically similar but not identical especially the sides of the body. Weight is 230 grams for light head with alloy cam lock. 289 grams with remote, cables and connector. The Sogn 700 runs on a 12.6V 5600mAh hard shell battery. The first run gave me only 1 hour 28 mins on max brightness. Good or bad? Good because the super white brightness comes from high draw with good thermal management. Bad because you can't have this type of insanity for too long.

Just in: Runtime test for the Sogn 900 is over 2 hours 15 mins using the Xeccon 6600mAh hardshell. That's less runtime than 880U which may mean high amp draw. Side note: I am dying to hook it up to the LiPo pack next.

Attachments

#64 ·
Thanks Mayor. That's what we want to hear. Just completed the first runtime test for a single S12 Two with standard BAK 4400mAh and 3 with LiPo 6000mAh packs. I am seeing efficiency with the XM-L2s. While it's only slightly brighter than the S12 U2, the runtimes show tell different story. We have been consistently getting 3 hours 15 mins from the S12 U2 with BAK 4400. My first run with the S12 Two with 4400 came in at 4 hours 24 mins. I have to redo it two more runs to be sure it's not a freak result.

LiPo packs gave me longer runtime but the first and last 2 were quite apart. The first one went off at 6 hours 18 mins while the other 2 depleted at 6 hours 46 mins. Will need to do another run.

#67 ·
Hi Leonard, this is what I'd like to see.

1. Some simple (no abbreviations) definitions or explanations to the light(s) emitter(s) Example Cree XML U2/L2/T6
2. The perceived difference (to the eyes) between cool white/neutral white/warm white tints etc.
3. What does it mean when bins are spoken about?
4. When you would prefer a smooth reflector and why?
5. When would you prefer a orange peel reflector and why?
I'll try to think of more. btw I have two GeoManGear lights and a Amazon clone. I can't tell the difference. I would assume the Amazon battery is junk. Right now we have three bikes and three lights, but we want six lights so I'm learning as much as I can. Thank you for being here.

#68 ·
Hi Sam, I will try my best to answer your questions:

1. Some simple (no abbreviations) definitions or explanations to the light(s) emitter(s) Example Cree XML U2/L2/T6
LED emitters have gone through leaps and bounds in a few short years. When the first Seoul SemiConductor SSC P7 came in, everyone was in awe with the brightness of this revolutionary LED (including ourselves since we bought two Nitelights [which are 808s] before we got into this business). The Cree revolution then began with the X-Lamps. XM-L T5 and T6s saw us waving goodbye to the P7s. Then the XM-L U2s came along and out of that, we have sub-bins within the U2 bins. We have the XM-L U2 OD in our S12 U2s. Just when we thought the next step of this evolution will be the commercial offerings of U3 and U4, Cree branched off to the XM-L2. This is the latest LED emitter from Cree and it's really a long way since the SSC P7. Bear in mind the bikelight market is only a small part of Cree's business. XM-L emitters are used in commercial office and warehouse lighting, street lighting, parking bays, petrol stations, all with much higher order volumes.

2. The perceived difference (to the eyes) between cool white/neutral white/warm white tints etc.
I was about to publish the beamshots of the Sogn 700, 900 and Spiker 1211. The Sogn 700 in the pic below is cool white. Most night riding enthusiast do not fancy cool white tints. The toss is between Neutral and Warm which tends to be yellow-er. Warmer tints are better for picking up objects while cooler tints tent to throw light better. You will also notice 10 years ago cool white/almost blue tints was all the rage in car headlights, including HID and Xenon lights used by BMW. Look now, they have all gone back to warm yellow tints. I hope that doesn't happen to bike lights.

3. What does it mean when bins are spoken about?
Bins are color, brightness, standards grading, just like how chicken eggs are graded. We have different sizes, shapes and color. If a bike light manufacturer buys premium, they will have consistent color tints and brightness across 50 lights in a row. Budget manufacturers or those-on-the-cheap will have light tints all over the place. Our experience in the past includes having 10 lights of the same brand and model with blue, green(quite common and hated), brownish, purple and worse of all, red?? tints in a line up. Was like a row of jellybeans. This will not happen with Xeccon products.

4. When you would prefer a smooth reflector and why?
Smooth reflector throws further and generally creates a very small but intense hotspot. It also tends to create donut rings but if you are after long light throw from the helmet light then this is the best choice.

5. When would you prefer a orange peel reflector and why?
Others may disagree with me but IMO, only when it's used as a bar light. It smooths out the donut transitions to give you a more even beam pattern. OP reflectors tend to spread out and do not have very intense* hotspots. *[Intense definition subjective but if you have used an S12 before you will know what intense hotspot is]

I'll try to think of more. btw I have two GeoManGear lights and a Amazon clone. I can't tell the difference. I would assume the Amazon battery is junk. Right now we have three bikes and three lights, but we want six lights so I'm learning as much as I can. Thank you for being here.
You cannot tell the difference unless you do a tear down. If the Amazon battery is still holding charge and giving you good runtime it does not matter what cells are inside.

Now to my beamshot post. First is the Spiker 1211. Orange Peel mini light with XM-L U2. Tint is neutral to warm. Good performance from such a light. Hooked it to a LiPo pack and got 6 hours 27 mins on high. Second pic is the Sogn 900. Warmer tint through XM-L2 emitters. Third pic is the Sogn 700 with cool tint. A little too cool for me but this demonstrates the difference. Forth and last pic is the set up for the shots. Beamshots taken with HTC One X on standard settings. The camera produces the beam patterns and light throw as they are in person. It may be a bit darker than shots most of us are used to but it's WYSIWYG.

Attachments

#73 ·
Hi I just thought I would provide an update to this thread on some of the new products that Xeccon have been developing. I am lucky enough to live in the same city as Leonard & after some correspondence about the Sogn range he offered the prototype lights for me to test for a week. I am not affiliated with Leonard or Xeccon in any way. I have just purchased my lights from Leonard like any other customer.

I went to pick up the lights & he surprised me by offering a number of other lights from his range. I not only got the prototype Sogn 900 & 700 but also 2X S12 U2 & L2 & finally the surprise powerhouse the Tobest NB-08. This was accompanied with a box of charges & accessories. Customer service & trust was unprecedented.
I won’t go into full details about the products as they are still prototype stage & to be honest some of them are not quite there. But I will give you an idea on what is happening in the Xeccon development phase.

Xeccon S12 two.
To be honest there has been plenty of praise about this light & after some use on the trail there is no doubt that this is one very efficient light thrower. It just goes to show you that if the optics are right you can do allot with very little in terms of draw efficiency. Anyway it was the first light I put on my purchase list (helmet light tick).

Xeccon Sogn 900 (Prototype).
I was actually surprised on the size of the 900. I was expecting a little bigger. It is quite an efficient package but it isn’t what you call a light weight package. It has a solid quality feel to the light head & runs cool for extended durations. Over engineered comes into my mind when spending some time with this light. I think there would be some opportunity to cut a little weight out of this lamp without too much degradation to the thermal performance. Talking to Leonard Xeccon are quite conservative when It comes to thermal management & mass. If they release this lamp as it is it will definitely be a reliable tank tough bar light. The mass seems just a little too high for it to be comfortable on the front of your helmet. The beam pattern is more spread than spot. Performance of the beam is quite good. I would say it has about half the throw of the S12 but a nice even spread. The optics seem quite well sorted for this package & the runtimes make this light a solid performer. There are still some issues with the UI on both of the prototype lamps (900 & 700). There are just 2 many functions to scroll through for one button. I hope Xeccon listen to Leonard on this. The mode button needs to be as efficient as possible 3 to 4 modes max. Sometimes I think that 2 buttons make more sense on some of these lamps to break out various strobes & off functions.

Xeccon Sogn 700 (Prototype).
Now the lamp most LUM hungry people are interested in. The 700 was also smaller than I expected but again built like a tank. I would respect anyone who could live with this on your helmet for more than an hour. When I first turned this on I thought wow. It blew the 900 away in brightness. But after the eye adjusts to the intensity of the lamp you quickly notice that the throw is just not there. The fall off of light intensity is too rapid for my liking. At the moment it feels like a supercharged V8 with a Vespa gearbox. To me it seems Xeccon packaged the overall size first before looking at the contents. With this approached I feel the biggest loser in this design is the optics. Xeccon are trying to package small reflector style optics in a space that only a lens optics could function. The result is poor throw & wide spread. I commend Xeccon for making the jump to a high power lamp. I think it could be a big seller for them. They just need to go back to the drawing board with the optic design. Their options are either tune the spacing of the LED’s & try and tune the current reflector design or look into lens optics to gain the efficiency this lamp deserves. Personally I think Xeccon are wasting their time with the reflector design unless they are willing to grow the lamp head significantly. There is a good reason why the S12 performs & it is due to the ratio of the optic size to the light source. Lenses are the key in my opinion how to make the sledge hammer lamp focus its power with the space they have available.

Tobest NB-08
This was the lamp that Leonard just threw into the mix (secretly knowing the outcome I am sure). This little light has 3 Cree XM-L T6 emitters & enough space to have an effective & efficient reflector design. The result is a lamp that is noticeable brighter than the Sogn 900 & I am sure with 2 of these on the bars it would comfortable outperform the Sogn 700 in throw even with the higher spec production Cree XM-L2 emitters. For me it was an obvious choice for this seasons night riding. The impressive beam pattern & 3+ hour runtime in production now (2x bar duty tick).

Although my above post may not read as positive as others may have hoped. You need to realise that these are prototype lamps. Xeccon are still developing & tunning the hardware. My post along with Leonards is intended to help the development of these lamps & make them better products. The truths now will hopefully spur further refinement & development. I commend the aggressive lamp line-up Xeccon are developing. A few small & a couple large changes to the above products will ensure a good spread of performance lights tailored to various uses & budgets. The Sogn 900 is very close to ready. The Flagship Sogn 700 needs some more focusing of its power to justify its wattage.

Thank you Leonard for the opportunity to play with your prototypes & I look forward in seeing the final release of the Xeccon’s Sogn range.

#74 ·
Hi Leonard,

I ran into the Mayor at a battery shop near home yesterday and he suggested I look up your stuff here. Looks very, very impressive. Definitely like what I see. Do you have any updates on availability for any of the newer products? Where is the best place to get what is available right now if I decide not to wait (mtbRevolution MTB Mountain Bike Lights | Road Riding LED Lights | Xeccon Lights) I'd really like to have something before going up to NEMBAfest in VT around the end of June. I still need to read more of the thread but a few quick questions if that is OK

I don't see many postings listing weight, I'd really like to compare it to what I have now. I much prefer a helmet light (although never like the extra weight) as no handlebar light is going to light the upcoming trail while I'm cresting a hill and I want to know what to expect those few seconds before my bars come down. What is the weight on the S12 or S1210 on your web site. The Ginea looks very small and I suspect light but there are few shots showing how it attaches to ones helmet. Photos of helmets mounted with all the lights would be great for perspective (the one I see of the 1210 makes it look quite big). Can the 1206 be run on your helmet? Again no weight or photos.

I'd love to see another update from you.
Thanks

#75 ·
Hi Bikerribs, thanks for the kind note. The Spiker 1211 and Niguer 300 are available now. The Sogns are still going through some final tweaks before release. I can't say for sure they are going to be within two weeks from now. Going from experience and this applies to all manufacturers, the timetable almost always blows out. The 900 is closer to release, both in wired and wireless remote versions. New and upcoming models will be published in this link New Xeccon Models 2013.

Transit times are about 7 working days from order. Just a matter of choosing the best light for your needs. There's always a compromise between weight : brightness : light throw. I will post weights of most models here now. Will separate the helmet/bar and bars only lights from lightest to heaviest. All weight postings includes cables and connectors.

Geinea light head with cable but no remote - 39g - with remote and cables - 90g. Spiker 1211 - 67g. Niguer 300 (more bar) - 99g. S12 Two - 121g. Spiker 1206 (more bar) - 125g. S14 (more bar) - 128g.

Spiker 1207 - 139g. Spiker 1210 - 141g. S6 with remote and cables - 191g. Sogn 900 Proto with controller, cables and alloy camlock - 223g. Sogn 700 Proto with controller, cables and alloy camlock - 289g

BAK 2200mAh with Neoprene pouch - 166g. BAK 4400mAh with Neoprene pouch - 287g. BAK 6600mAh with Neoprene pouch -337g. BAK 6600mAh Hard Shell - 370g

My recommendation for helmet light will always be S12s. I run two Twos on the helmet. A bit weighty but if we want V12 performance we can't complaint about weight. I can live with 567g nesting on my head because the joy of having a mini helicopter searchlight outweight any discomfort.

If you are after the lightest weight to throw ratio then I recommend the Spiker 1211. Will attach pics to give you perspective. The beam throw is pretty decent considering it's weight. It outperforms the 1206 IMO. Captain's Log: I would like to see a mirror finish version, boosting it with LiPo and possibly upping the amp draw a little.

The Geinea light has a velcro strap. We've posted this pic before but will do it again so you can see how it's attached directly to a helmet which has provision for it. Pic show is actually the rear prototype light we had. The actual colour is the beautifully anodized green and bronze combination. The 1206 is a little too floody for the helmet IMO. I prefer to recommend the 1206 and Niguer 300 as a commuter light rather than a mtb one. If anything the S14 makes a better helmet light.

Attachments

#76 ·
Underwater runtime test

Over the months, we've been asked many times, how waterproof are Xeccon's bike lights and batteries? Yeah, it's highly water resistant. Yes, it can be submerged for short durations. Yup, it will survive anywhere between a heavy downpour to a F4 Tornado. While I've always had confidence in the products, I never quite had the guts to really give them a waterproof/water resistance test. Are they as sensitive as cellphones/mobile phones? Will they conk out at the hint of water? Time to answer these questions. I decided to give the Niguer and Spiker 1210 powered by Xeccon's 6600mAh and Samsung celled 7800mAh Hard Shell batteries a runtime test, underwater.

Focus is not runtime but running the lights and batteries on Hi submerged. This presents a handful of unknowns. They were going to be in a bit of pressure, creating heat underwater and creating small bubbles on their shells over time like a heat element in a kettle. They had to maintain water resistance integrity for up to 4 hours. These lights were not prepped with silicone or waterproofing agents. A point of entry will be where the screw secures the o-ring mount. The switch panels are well sealed. The o-rings inside the light units will have to do their job else they will be popping bubbles or fizzing like an Alka Seltzer tablet to the bottom of the 60cm tall flower vase.

Well, they survived the test and no light heads or batteries we're killed in the 3 test that we did. Small amount of water DID get in but not enough to damage driver board or LEDs. They are working fine.

So if asked if Xeccon's lights and hard shell batteries water resistant. The answer is yes. Are they waterproof? Yes, they can handle short submergence.

Attachments

#100 ·
Over the months, we've been asked many times, how waterproof are Xeccon's bike lights and batteries? Yeah, it's highly water resistant. Yes, it can be submerged for short durations. Yup, it will survive anywhere between a heavy downpour to a F4 Tornado.
And for comparison - do you wonder what would happen when you do the same test with standart, cheap chinese bike batteries? Well its not gonna be pretty.

Small rain, water got through the side, one cell short-circuited. Was able to replace one cell and repair battery pack.

Heavier rain, 1 cell competely dead, protection pcb dead, another cell in pair with dead one was discharged to zero and lost 50% of its capacity. Had to replace 2 cells and pcb.

Submersion in water for a long time, was able to salvage the cable and pouch :skep:

And believe me - these "tests" weren't intentional, so always, ALWAYS make additional protection from water for chinese batteries. Even simple plastic bag wrapped over the battery will protect it from a rain.

#80 ·
Hi 2009th, the Geinea rear light has one possible water entry point - the screw and thread which secures the mount. In other areas, Xeccon's lights tend to use multiple internal o-rings in their bike light assembly - others may just have one, behind the front glass. In the underwater runtime test, the Spiker 1210 and Niguer 300 remain underwater for over 5 hours. An hour of that was after total battery depletion. I have little doubt they will qualify for IPX-8 if they (including the Geinea rear light) were prepped using waterproofing grease like Dow Corning/Molykote 111. Having said that, it is still unclear how bike-light-heat will affect this grease which is used in most dive torch o-rings.

Xeccon has a dive light called the D3X-II which we have never tested or sold since our focus now is on bike lights. The front glass looks very well secured. As crude it may look to some, I prefer the multiple secure points using Allen screws and a clear visual on the main o-ring.

Attachments

#81 ·
Would a Spiker 1211on the helmet and s12 two on the bars be a good combination. My other thought would be to replace the S12 with the Nigeur 300, in you opinion which would be a better bar . I would also on occasion likely use it as a helmet light when I loaned out the 1211 to one of my kids.

Which of the s12 or Nigeur is smaller. If I had to comment on the one drawback I see in these lights is like many of the magic shine lights (808) the design appears to make the light very large, I suspect due to the reflectors. I can't imagine putting an 808 on a helmet. I find something like the Piko Lupine or gloworm x2 a nicer light. The upcoming 700 and 900 also appear very large when compared to some others.

#82 · (Edited)
My other thought would be to replace the S12 with the Nigeur 300, in you opinion which would be a better bar . I would also on occasion likely use it as a helmet light when I loaned out the 1211 to one of my kids.

Which of the s12 or Nigeur is smaller. If I had to comment on the one drawback I see in these lights is like many of the magic shine lights (808) the design appears to make the light very large, I suspect due to the reflectors. I can't imagine putting an 808 on a helmet. I find something like the Piko Lupine or gloworm x2 a nicer light. The upcoming 700 and 900 also appear very large when compared to some others.
Q: Would a Spiker 1211 on the helmet and s12 two on the bars be a good combination? A: Absolutely not a good set up. Reasons are, the S12s will out-throw the 1211 by quite a distance. They have an intense hot spot which is much brighter than the 1211 overall. The S12 beam pattern doesn't have a whole lot of flood even if you run two. There is hardly any light between the bar and 8 meters ahead of you if installed on the bar, unless you face them down. If you had two 1211s on the bar and a single S12 on the helmet then yes, that could be a relatively good combination, but we can do better.

Q: Which of the s12 or Nigeur is smaller? A: Niguer. Unfortunately we have to balance between budget, weight (comfort), aesthetics (smaller size & TIR lens designs) and high performance (brightness & light throw). We can't have it all. If the purpose is faster challenging night trail and singletrack then have a purposed built flood light (multiple LED or aspherics) for the bar and a reflector cup light for the helmet. Good reflector cups will always out throw TIR or aspheric lens lights. To date no designer or manufacturer has proven otherwise. The bigger and deeper the cup the better. Performance generally means larger size. The 1211 is a compromise of that. Smaller, lighter, shallower cup but having very respectable performance. It's brighter and most certainly out throws the MJ-808e.

Xeccon's range of lights use Aluminium reflector cups which are specially coated which give them their finish. They are not fitted with cheap plastic reflector cups. This also means they are heavier. The S12's solid CNCed and specially coated reflector cup is about 25 grams on it's own. Asset or liability?

The Sogns are about the same size/weight/performance category compared to equivalent lights. The 700 is in similar bracket as say Niterider 3000, MyTinySun 3600 and possibly the Bettys. The 900s are in the dual XM-L aspherics category although the 900 is again another Xeccon signature reflector cup light rather than TIRs. The only TIR light Xeccon has is the diffused lens Geinea rear light.

The Sogn 900s are on their way. We should have them in a couple of weeks. Price is USD 212.00 including delivery, anywhere in the world. I will post more information when I receive them.

#84 · (Edited)
Sogn 900 Wireless

The Sogn 900 wireless and standard wired remote are available now. First runtime test is done. Numbers are: Wired versions 3hr 30mins, 3hr 41mins & 3hr 48mins. Wireless version with Xeccon 7800mAh Samsung: 4hr 16mins + (was still going when camera ran out of SDHC memory). Video of remote controlhere.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.