Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Pre ordered 2 this morning. Just curious is there going to be an option to buy a spare battery?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What type of connector is on the head? Will it be compatable with lupine batteries by chance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
    What type of connector is on the head? Will it be compatable with lupine batteries by chance?
    It works with Magicshine compatible batteries (Geomangear, Magicshine, etc). I won't work with the 880 battery well though because Magicshine changed the connector for some strange reason and if you plug a typical MS connector in to it its not waterproof.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Would you by chance be able to snap some beamshots using the elliptical lens? And please bear with me on the stupid question I am about to ask, but can you please explain the lens setups in general to me? There is only one lens that covers the entire front of the light correct? When you are saying that you can switch between spot/spot and spot/flood, is that be physically switching out the one and only main lens, or is it done by the remote selector somehow? Just trying to fully understand how this works before putting my order in and picking the wrong options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post
    Would you by chance be able to snap some beamshots using the elliptical lens? And please bear with me on the stupid question I am about to ask, but can you please explain the lens setups in general to me? There is only one lens that covers the entire front of the light correct? When you are saying that you can switch between spot/spot and spot/flood, is that be physically switching out the one and only main lens, or is it done by the remote selector somehow? Just trying to fully understand how this works before putting my order in and picking the wrong options.
    I believe there are separate optics on both of the emitters. To change beam patterns you have to physically switch the optics.

By the way...To Gloworm, if you want to include one of those new elliptical optics with my order that would be sweet. If not I guess I'll order one at a later date.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post
    Hi Everyone

Well progress is going well and we are still on time - in fact we maybe early with shipment

@ndisgii - Unfortunately we will not be able to get any beam shots of the elliptical lens until we have finished production. At this time we will post all the photos everyone has been waiting for - batteries, elliptical shots, packaging...the lot. I did however test the eliptical lens when determining the best type of lens. I can say it throws out to about 30deg and the vertical path of the beam pattern is significantly reduced.

@Cat-man-do and ndisgii - There are two optics contained beneath the front plate (we have been referring to these as lenses. Where in fact they are optics. The optics are held in place by the pressure of the lens thats sits on top and then is held down by the front plate. The o-ring sits beneath the edges of the lens to provide waterproofing. Greek?

@cue003 - The connectors are compatible with magicshine/gemini etc.

@Anaerobic - I'm not familiar with that light, however a quick google search told me all. I can safely say that the X2 will out-shine this particular unit.

BATTERIES - We have now added the option of 1 or 2 spare battery packs (5800 mAh Hard Case)

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    It works with Magicshine compatible batteries (Geomangear, Magicshine, etc). I won't work with the 880 battery well though because Magicshine changed the connector for some strange reason and if you plug a typical MS connector in to it its not waterproof.
    Bear in mind that if you use a battery other than the Gloworm one, you will not have any battery level indicators as they are on the actual battery.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    Bear in mind that if you use a battery other than the Gloworm one, you will not have any battery level indicators as they are on the actual battery.
    Yes, you are correct. There will not be any reaily visible indication of battery life without the use of the Gloworm Battery. However you will get a low voltage warning indicated by a quick flash of the main light when the voltage reaches 6.5v.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I was about to place an order for 2 lights and started wondering if it's worth the extra $60 for the battery? I already have a spare battery pack from the knock off magic shines. And they're also available for $20 for extra ones. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
    I was about to place an order for 2 lights and started wondering if it's worth the extra $60 for the battery? I already have a spare battery pack from the knock off magic shines. And they're also available for $20 for extra ones. What do you guys think?
    The standard 4-cell knock offs are likely not that big. I'd go with the Gloworm battery If I were you. Of course you can try the knock off battery and see how it works. You can always buy the battery afterward if needed but it will likely cost a bit more doing it that way.
    ( If you got something 5200mAh or over you should be good )

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The standard 4-cell knock offs are likely not that big. I'd go with the Gloworm battery If I were you. Of course you can try the knock off battery and see how it works. You can always buy the battery afterward if needed but it will likely cost a bit more doing it that way.
    ( If you got something 5200mAh or over you should be good )
    Yeah buying it later would cost quite a bit more as it would be $70 plus shipping so I probably won't go that route. It's now or never . The one I currently have is sold as 8.4v 6400mAh Battery. Someone must have tested these battery packs....

just a Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
    My opinion on this is that Gloworm has quoted the battery pack as 5800 mah pack using Panasonic batteries. My thinking is that they are using the 2900mah NCR Panasonic. If this is true (and I hope Gloworm can confirm this), then those are some of the best 18650 batteries out there and the pack is worth getting.

I just placed an order recently without the pack and just the lighthead only because I have a flat sytle 5800 mah pack with Panasonic NCR that I am planning to use with it.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen c View Post
    My opinion on this is that Gloworm has quoted the battery pack as 5800 mah pack using Panasonic batteries. My thinking is that they are using the 2900mah NCR Panasonic. If this is true (and I hope Gloworm can confirm this), then those are some of the best 18650 batteries out there and the pack is worth getting.

I just placed an order recently without the pack and just the lighthead only because I have a flat sytle 5800 mah pack with Panasonic NCR that I am planning to use with it.
    You're on the mark colleen! 2900mAh Panasonic Cells combined to make a 5800mAh battery pack.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi Bruce, still on track for shipping this week?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If we buy 2 lights and one battery will a Y cable be supplied?

I am also very curious to see what the headstrap/headlight configuration looks like and I hope the same amount of detail has been out into the design of the head strap to account for switch and battery. Looking to possibly use this for running but may need a smaller battery configuration to save a little weight and reduce bounce.

Last quick question... On the link in your signature it says that the light will come with the spot/flood setup as default and the extra spot lens will be included..... But when I go to the website to look at ordering it is asking what I want for an extra lens (free). Is the extra lens a 2nd free lens above and beyond what was mentioned with spot/flood and extra spot included???

Thanks.
    Last edited by cue003; 01-16-2012 at 06:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
    I
    Last quick question... On the link in your signature it says that the light will come with the spot/flood setup as default and the extra spot lens will be included..... But when I go to the website to look at ordering it is. Asking what I want for an extra lens (free). Is the extra lens a 2nd free lens above and beyond what was mentioned with spot/flood and extra spot included???

Thanks.
    Good question, I know originally it was stated in a post from Glworm that an extra (free) spot lens was going to be provided for all orders, but then I think the eliptical lens came along which may have changed things, so the ordering page now offers a choice of the 1 extra free one being a choice of the three (spot, flood or eliptical)

edit: post #48 from Vag was the original mention of the extra spot lens being included for ALL preorders

mtbr member
    Bruce, since it was mentioned that the first orders might go out before the 20th, could you please give us a heads-up when the first orders finally ship? Also since they are coming directly from China...anyway you can give us an idea on what day they will reach the USA? I just want to try to plan ahead of time so I can make sure I'm home when UPS guy ( or whoever ) comes knocking.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Bruce, since it was mentioned that the first orders might go out before the 20th, could you please give us a heads-up when the first orders finally ship? Also since they are coming directly from China...anyway you can give us an idea on what day they will reach the USA? I just want to try to plan ahead of time so I can make sure I'm home when UPS guy ( or whoever ) comes knocking.
    Hey everyone - well it is official, the first orders will be leaving 20th Jan, on time. Sorry we couldn't get them out before.

However from the 20th expect delivery in about 5 working days. We will supply tracking numbers as they come to us.

Now for some answers:

The extra lens is your choice. You can make the selection at time of purchase. You will get 3 lenses free - the 2 in the light and the free one. Additionally you can choose to purchase another lens/optic to make a complete set.

Y-Cable - Unfortunately we do not supply a Y-cable with 2 lights, however this is a great idea. It is something we will plan to offer in the future.

Headstrap - Yes we have put a lot of thought into the headstrap, it has 25mm elasitc, utilises the helmet mount and has cable guides for the cable. However, something had to give - we haven't managed to finish this accessory . For those who have ordered - Don't worry! We'll send the headstrap free of charge very early february......sorry.

And now for the proof.......a few shots of the finished products!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Well done guys, looks great, cant wait to get mine!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi Bruce/Vag,

I haven't followed this thread as closely as I should have been since the preorder placement. It seems as though an elliptical lense is now an option. Can I make a request (albeit last minute, sorry) to have the spare optic switched out for an elliptical?

Alex Luong

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Product looks great btw!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi guys, a question, does the remote switch have any way of attaching firmly to bars - stem - helmet? One of the earlier photos appeared to have a velco tie holding it in place on a piece of bar, the recent photo shows no velcro etc. Is there a slot in the base of the switch or some way to fix it in place?
    (I'm not familiar with other remote switches and mounting options, just trying to work out in my head where and how I'm going to put things on my bike

cheers
    TB

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    Hi guys, a question, does the remote switch have any way of attaching firmly to bars - stem - helmet? One of the earlier photos appeared to have a velco tie holding it in place on a piece of bar, the recent photo shows no velcro etc. Is there a slot in the base of the switch or some way to fix it in place?
    (I'm not familiar with other remote switches and mounting options, just trying to work out in my head where and how I'm going to put things on my bike

cheers
    TB
    Hey tb123,

The switch has velcro attached to the base. We then supply you with a strip of velcro to customise where you wish to place the swtich. To supplement this (although it is not needed) you could use a cable tie.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey tb123,

The switch has velcro attached to the base. We then supply you with a strip of velcro to customise where you wish to place the swtich. To supplement this (although it is not needed) you could use a cable tie.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ
    Nice one, thanks Bruce!

mtbr member
    Can't wait for mine. I ordered with an extra flood lens so I can have a blast from both worlds!

I imagine what a nice set with X2 on helmet and Olympia on bars... hummm

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast