Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1188
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Bruce,

When will the GoPro mount be available in the US? I saw a pic from Interbike and would really like to check it out. Thanks!

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I'd like to buy an X1 and X2, but it sounds like I should wait for the new versions. Do I understand correctly that they'll be available in about 6 weeks?
    New versions of the X1 and X2 should be here in 3-4 weeks.
    Two reasons you may not want to wait. The prices (on our site) are going up about 10% with the new lights, and I'm offering a 10% discount (from the current price) on existing stock. Discount Code MTBR-GLO.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

Action LED Lights
    The new X1 and X2 are on the way and should arrive before the end of the week. Listings should go up tonight.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Any news on the XS model?
    2014 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29er
    2003 Klein Palomino
    2000 Klein Adept Pro
    1999 Specialized Hardrock

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Wondering if someone can help me, I just received my X2 V3 and I love it, have used it twice, but I think its faulty (unless im doing something wrong) when cycling through the lights power settings it gets stuck on full and then wont turn off. The only way to turn it off is to pull the power pack, then it wont turn on and the only way is to hold the button in for 15 seconds to reset the light.

After a reset the light works ok again for a few more cycles but then locks again on the highest cycle and wont turn off. I only press the button once to change cycles and I wait a good 10 seconds between presses. I love the light but this is so frustrating

Action LED Lights
    Rotaholic,

Sounds like you have a problem. If you got the light from us let me know and we'll get a new one on the way to you. If not, contact who ever you got it from and a replacement light head should be simple.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey thanks for the quick response Jim, I purchased the light here in New Zealand but wasn't sure if it was user error. I will contact the store I got it from for an exchange/warrenty. Thanks again

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hi all, quick question for those who use this light on different bikes regularly (eg, MTB and Commute, on the same day) Is it possible to replace the pivot screw with a thumbscrew of some type ? it seems to me there must be a quicker/easier way of switching between helmet and bars ?

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by pstanbis View Post
    Hi all, quick question for those who use this light on different bikes regularly (eg, MTB and Commute, on the same day) Is it possible to replace the pivot screw with a thumbscrew of some type ? it seems to me there must be a quicker/easier way of switching between helmet and bars ?
    No reason you couldn't leave the helmet mount bracket on the helmet and just unscrew the mounting bolt. It might be hard to find a thumb screw with the right thread. (I'll have to check on what that is tomorrow) you could also put the O-ring mount on the light and use a Gemini or Magicshine O-ring type helmet mount but you would lose the low profile of the Gloworm mount.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thanks for the swift reply !
    Yes, leaving the mount on the helmet was the plan. I hadn't considered the gemini helmet mount though. The DUO was the alternative to getting the X2, and the mount doesn't look too much more bulky than the X2 native mount.
    Re. the thumbscrew, I haven't got the light in front of me, but I kind of assumed it was just an M4 or M5 bolt - was mainly wondering if the light body would suffer, given that it would be screwed/unscrewed at least 4 times a week, at least during the winter months, and also if the clamping pressure would be sufficient with 'finger tight'.

Many Thanks, once again.

Action LED Lights
    Thanks for the swift reply !
    Yes, leaving the mount on the helmet was the plan. I hadn't considered the gemini helmet mount though. The DUO was the alternative to getting the X2, and the mount doesn't look too much more bulky than the X2 native mount.
    Re. the thumbscrew, I haven't got the light in front of me, but I kind of assumed it was just an M4 or M5 bolt - was mainly wondering if the light body would suffer, given that it would be screwed/unscrewed at least 4 times a week, at least during the winter months, and also if the clamping pressure would be sufficient with 'finger tight'.

Many Thanks, once again.
    Yes, finger tight with a thumb screw would do the job. Your tightening against a couple of O-rings to provide friction. Keep a little grease on the threads and they should be fine as long as your careful and don't get them crossed.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)
    ...was mainly wondering if the light body would suffer, given that it would be screwed/unscrewed at least 4 times a week, at least during the winter months...
    2 lightheads would solve that

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    2 lightheads would solve that
    I like the way you think.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)

DIY remote control handlebar mount

DIY remote control handlebar mount made from BBB Easyfit bicycle bell and 3Mô Dual Lockô Recloseable Fastener . I replaced original velcro hooks on remote control with 3M Dual Lock and the same fastener was used for handlebar mount. Eeasy to do, very nice fit to handlebars, rock solid.
    Bruce, what do you think about such mount as a standard accessory?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_02.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_03.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_04.jpg  

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-remote-control-handlebar-mount_06.jpg  

Last edited by PeterG; 06-15-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Action LED Lights

Gloworm Switch Mount

Gloworm has now come out with a mount for their remote switch. Attaching the flat bottom switch to a round handlebar with the included velcro patches has been a less than perfect solution. This new switch mount zip-ties to your bar to give you a secure, flat surface. There now standard with all Gloworm light or available separately if you need an extra or want one for an older light.
    Find it HERE

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-switch-mount1.jpg

Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-switch-mount.jpg
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Slovakia (Europe)
    Wow, almost as good as my solution .

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi there. Is there a gopro mount?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Gloworm has now come out with a mount for their remote switch. Attaching the flat bottom switch to a round handlebar with the included velcro patches has been a less than perfect solution. This new switch mount zip-ties to your bar to give you a secure, flat surface. There now standard with all Gloworm light or available separately if you need an extra or want one for an older light.
    Find it HERE
    Looks like a nice solution, and glad to see the company continually improving.

I've had great luck using these velcro tie wraps. Also let's me position/rotate the switch if needed and doesn't leave any adhesive residue/portion on the bar when not in use.

Name:  OneWrapTies_AllPurpose.png
Views: 419
Size:  87.7 KB

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyrider View Post
    Hi there. Is there a gopro mount?
    Gloworm is indeed working on a quick release mount that is compatible with GoPro mounts. I don't have an exact date for availability but it should be soon. Individual brackets will be available to convert current lights. Future head strap will use this quick release bracket. It will also be possible to add a QR bracket to existing head straps.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    That's great Jim, thanks for the response. I thought I'd seen something about this ages ago but thought you might have some licensing issues.
    Glad to hear that it's coming along, and look forward to seeing it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey lads,

On my X2's the indicator is stuck on the 20% red mark. And doesnít turn off either?

Is it possible to reset the battery level circuit? Charging it to full and attempting to drain it to nothing currently

Regards,

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarajew View Post
    Hey lads,

On my X2's the indicator is stuck on the 20% red mark. And doesnít turn off either?

Is it possible to reset the battery level circuit? Charging it to full and attempting to drain it to nothing currently

Regards,
    Hey, have just received your email. You'll need to return it to the retailer from which you brought it. They will warranty it. Any issues, drop me another email and we can sort it out for you. Cheers

mtbr member

X2 plus triple

FWIW, I thought I'd try a photo with my new smart phone on tonight's ride. Gloworm X2 is on the bars and a D/X triple Solarstorm clone on the helmet, both on high. Photo didn't turn out as good as I first thought but then again the phone's screen is HD. Not bad though considering I'm not using a tripod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-local-patap-trail-14.jpg  

mtbr member
    Directed toward ActionLED:

Jim, I've noticed on my last couple rides that ( at least once every ride ) that I will inadvertently enter the "Stepless adjustment" menu while changing modes on the fly. This usually happens when I am riding fast and switching from standard low to high. To do that fast I have to hit the remote button TWICE in order to skip medium. Problem is if you hit the remote button twice VERY QUICKLY the lamp enters the Stepless program mode. Kind of a buzz kill when in a hairy situation. When it happens you have to stop and reset the mode which is very much a buzz kill. I know not to change modes so fast but sometimes I get caught up in the moment. I know that there were some changes to the user interface with the newer model. Do the new versions still work the same way? Have there been any other complaints?

Going forward I suppose I could try setting my modes ( L-H-M- ...). That might work but if I'm in mid-mode and want high I'm back to double pressing the switch ( slowly ) again and more often than not I like using the mid-mode for general all around riding. ( low I use for slow climbs and yes I use low a lot too ) I'd rather not mess with my mode set-up because I like the current set-up. Sometimes my finger though has a mind of its' own. Would be great if there were some kind of way to lock the stepless feature while riding. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 1 Week Ago at 01:43 AM.

Action LED Lights
    Cat,

I will pass the thought on to Gloworm. I've done that myself occasionally. I assume you know that if you double tap when you start up the light you only have two brightness modes. If you find yourself in programming mode, an easy way out is just to unplug the battery for a moment. It reverts back to how it was.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast