Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1186
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hi Team

We have to sincerely apologise for the current helmet velcro. It was an oversight that slipped through the net and has been remedied already.

The new lights will be shipping soon with 3 pieces of velcro. 1. Elasticised for attaching the 2 cell battery to the helmet and the battery to the bike. 2. For the helmet mount, with loop and correctly configured this time. 3. For mounting the battery to the headstrap.

When mounting the helmet strap with the buckle, slide the buckle up to the mount and tighten from there.

Also, when mounting the battery to the frame, ensure you use the foam strip provided to protect your asset - it works a treat.

Keep the feedback and questions coming!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    As was asked earlier, I just got my X2 and am loving it but would like to get the "corrected" helmet strap. Will you make this possible?

My initial ride report will be coming shortly.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfast View Post
    As was asked earlier, I just got my X2 and am loving it but would like to get the "corrected" helmet strap. Will you make this possible?

Have PM'd you

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Have PM'd you
    got concerned i was not contacted by you regarding my VELCRO concerns... so i sent you a PM...
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by smthgfshy View Post
    I think the optimal program would be something like: 50:300:700:1200
    ... or even user programmable

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    ... or even user programmable
    User programmable is on the cards But don't tell anyone!

Our new programming has taken into account the feedback we have received here, our own experiences and learned from the mistakes of other companies.

The new programming will be released before February next year and will the the next evolution of IMT (Infinite Mode Technology) - IMT 2.0

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

Slovakia (Europe)

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=SB Trails;9937009]blackbean-- this should helpQUOTE]

Duh...Thanks! Completely missed that. Run times in MED is more than sufficient.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hi Team

We have to sincerely apologise for the current helmet velcro. It was an oversight that slipped through the net and has been remedied already.

The new lights will be shipping soon with 3 pieces of velcro. 1. Elasticised for attaching the 2 cell battery to the helmet and the battery to the bike. 2. For the helmet mount, with loop and correctly configured this time. 3. For mounting the battery to the headstrap.

When mounting the helmet strap with the buckle, slide the buckle up to the mount and tighten from there.

Also, when mounting the battery to the frame, ensure you use the foam strip provided to protect your asset - it works a treat.

Keep the feedback and questions coming!

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    Just ordered mine Wednesday, probably not going to get the "new" straps am I? If it's an issue can I contact you guys to get these? Looking forward to the light, heard nothing but great things about the X2!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Being here in Al. We have some good temps for night riding, my first X2 ride started with the temp around 59f. We rode for 45 minutes until my friends lite croaked (niteflux photomax) 5 more minutes back to the truck, i had run my light for about 25 -30 min on med and the rest on high. When I got home I decided to test the run time just to know how long I would have. I set up a fan and flipped it to high in trail mode. It ran for 2 hr 30 min before I had to call it a night. The next morning I turned it back on, but was unable to switch it out of the lowest mode, it had finally played out. 2.5 hours totally on high, another 50 minutes spilt between med & high, I was impressed. The light was sufficient for a solo light mounted on my helmet, we averaged approx 9.7 mph for the first 4 miles on twisty singletrack, so we were moving along at a fairly brisk pace for my riding level combined with a light stigmitism, which means that my vision gets much worse as it gets darker. I led for a mile or so just to test the light, I was impressed. That sums it up.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Being here in Al. We have some good temps for night riding, my first X2 ride started with the temp around 59f. We rode for 45 minutes until my friends lite croaked (niteflux photomax) 5 more minutes back to the truck, i had run my light for about 25 -30 min on med and the rest on high. When I got home I decided to test the run time just to know how long I would have. I set up a fan and flipped it to high in trail mode. It ran for 2 hr 30 min before I had to call it a night. The next morning I turned it back on, but was unable to switch it out of the lowest mode, it had finally played out. 2.5 hours totally on high, another 50 minutes spilt between med & high, I was impressed. The light was sufficient for a solo light mounted on my helmet, we averaged approx 9.7 mph for the first 4 miles on twisty singletrack, so we were moving along at a fairly brisk pace for my riding level combined with a light stigmitism, which means that my vision gets much worse as it gets darker. I led for a mile or so just to test the light, I was impressed. That sums it up.
    Glad you like the unit!

mtbr member
    On the xar, you need to use the top vent to set the X2 tight, see here x2 image

I don't like having the light on the front vent, the helmet will move slowly towards your nose during riding, now on top the helmet, without battery pack is perfect in balance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr paaj View Post
    On the xar, you need to use the top vent to set the X2 tight, see here x2 image

I don't like having the light on the front vent, the helmet will move slowly towards your nose during riding, now on top the helmet, without battery pack is perfect in balance.
    was considering that but thought of trying to mount it up front and see how it works. i figured itll may be too high and may get caught on branches. .

thank you. glad to know somebody else is also using the same light on the same kind of helmet.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member

Two things....

Someone posted this: REI Sport Wrap - Package of 2 - Free Shipping at REI.com

I bought it at my local REI store for less than $1 and it works beautifully. Much better than the default velcro that came with my light. The light is rock solid now with no movement at all.

I also replaced the one flood lens with a spot lens and now the beam pattern is too narrow for my liking. I don't know if I get much more throw, maybe, maybe not. But I feel the light is a much better allrounder with a flood/spot combination.

Really loving the light and it seems that people are getting very good run times. I don't see myself using H mode very often or much at all. There's really not a big enough difference. I'd rather get the extra hour run time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbean View Post
    Someone posted this: REI Sport Wrap - Package of 2 - Free Shipping at REI.com

I bought it at my local REI store for less than $1 and it works beautifully. Much better than the default velcro that came with my light. The light is rock solid now with no movement at all.

I also replaced the one flood lens with a spot lens and now the beam pattern is too narrow for my liking. I don't know if I get much more throw, maybe, maybe not. But I feel the light is a much better allrounder with a flood/spot combination.

Really loving the light and it seems that people are getting very good run times. I don't see myself using H mode very often or much at all. There's really not a big enough difference. I'd rather get the extra hour run time.
    i am confused as to what you are trying to say. are you saying having flood/spot combo is better? or are you saying flood/spot combo beam pattern is too narrow for your liking and you do not like it?

also what optics does the X2 come with by default? spot or flood? reason im asking is for me to find out if i need to switch the optics out or am i good as it is.

i have updated the lens on my MJ808E with a wide angle lens which is handlebar mounted so im wondering if im set with the X2 as it is (whatever it came with).

ill most likely be testing my light setup tomorrow and see first hand how it is..
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I use an X2 on the bar and one on the helmet and I replaced both flood lenses with spot. So I am using spot/spot on bar and helmet and I like it better.

I first tried spot/spot on helmet only, but didn't seem like I was getting much out of the bar light. When I changed the bar from spot/flood to spot/spot it made a difference to me.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My experience is similar to blackbean, helmet only, no bar light, tried spot/flood and spot/spot, found spot/flood suited my riding. I like to keep my head up looking down the trail, so when riding fast techy trails the flood filled in the near field for peripheral vision or moving eyes down rather than helmet. The throw in spot/flood seems fine to me.
    Last edited by ptd; 12-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Did you have to get the SPOT optics from gloworm? I dont see it at ACTION LEDS SITE not unless im just not finding it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    Did you have to get the SPOT optics from gloworm? I dont see it at ACTION LEDS SITE not unless im just not finding it.

Thanks

Choose the X2 from the Lights section and its a radio button within the listing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhymel View Post
    Choose the X2 from the Lights section and its a radio button within the listing.
    THANKS. but just to be clear, the X2 comes with 2 FLOOD optics by default right? so id be getting the SPOT optics?
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    May 2009
    THANKS. but just to be clear, the X2 comes with 2 FLOOD optics by default right? so id be getting the SPOT optics?
    The X2 should come with a spot and flood optic installed. So if you want a spot/spot combo you will need to order an extra spot optic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhymel View Post
    The X2 should come with a spot and flood optic installed. So if you want a spot/spot combo you will need to order an extra spot optic.
    lol.. from what ive read, people say they find good results with the default optics SPOT/FLOOD... so guess im set until i test the light first hand tomorrow.

thank you for the inputs.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    No, standard set-up is one flood optic and one spot optic. You need to order just one extra spot optic if you what to go spot/spot. I use both set-ups on the bars. Spot/flood for MTB, Spot/spot for road. When you replace the optic there is a trick to putting the front lens back on the light. ( because of the lens O-ring ). When I find the post number for the tip I'll get back to you.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Cat-man-do,
    I'd appreciate that post number as I'll be swapping out the optics when I get mine this week. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    No, standard set-up is one flood optic and one spot optic. You need to order just one extra spot optic if you what to go spot/spot. I use both set-ups on the bars. Spot/flood for MTB, Spot/spot for road. When you replace the optic there is a trick to putting the front lens back on the light. ( because of the lens O-ring ). When I find the post number for the tip I'll get back to you.
    If theres anything im afraid to do is this. Ive read about how one poster had trouble replacing the o-ring & lens assembly. And am glad i may not have to change anything after all.

2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Glowormlites UK
    Nov 2012
    There is really nothing to be afraid of when replacing the front during an optic change it takes a couple of minutes at most. If you are lucky and keep the light facing upwards during the process, the o-ring will remain seated.

The trick to replacing the front glass is to start on one side of the light and work to the other. Start the O-ring in the groove on one side and slide the glass across to hold it in place. Then work to the other side seating the o-ring whilst applying a little gentle pressure on the glass and sliding it as you go.

When the o-ring is seated and held in place by the glass you can replace the front of the light and screw it down.

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast