Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I see seven squares but no photo's?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    joined the bandwagon and ordered my X2 for my helmet along with an MJ808E for my handlebar from Action Led.

hopefully JIM see's my post and ships my order at WARP speed..

cant wait ...
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    We were a bit slow off the mark but managed to get one to him this week. I guess its now a waiting game.......

Bruce
    Gloworm
    That's great. Lets hope it makes it in. I'm in the market for a new light and its this or another lupine.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Milton, try to repost the pictures.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My X2 arrived yesterday. I lid into the packaging like a 4 yr old at Christmas. First impression was favorable. Admittingly my experience with lights is limited, I did have a light & motion about 6 yrs ago, after that I had a niteflux photo max, technology has been good to those of us who want to saddle up at night. The quality here seems to be good, the lighthead and battery are " tight". The connections on the cables to the battery are nice and snug. The battery indicator flucuated between 40-80% so I hooked the charger up. The charge indicator stayed on red for several hours, I got concerned that maybe there was a quality issue and it wasn't going to change to green at all, my fears were alliveated shortly thereafter when it did change. The quality fears that I have began when combing through these various threads on lights and reading comments which questioned the quality of the imported lights coming from Asia. I mounted it to my helmet and climbed on the tallboy when I got home last night, I have been contemplating which light for too long to delay this inaugural ride even though it would'nt be on the trail. My initial expections were met and I was not dissapointed. Since the throw was more important to me using one light only ,I had ordered the xtra spot lens and swapped it out to use " spot spot" . I haven't put it to the real test which will be the singletrack for me, but from what I saw on the paved road and a few hundred yards of "fire road" close to my home, I think I'll be grinning like a mule eating briars once I do hit the trail at night. I may post again after putting it to the real test. I am just grateful that I was able to search these threads and learn from the input of so many riders who have shared their thoughts and extensive knowledge to help me arrive at a decision for a light.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfast View Post
    My X2 arrived yesterday. I lid into the packaging like a 4 yr old at Christmas. First impression was favorable. Admittingly my experience with lights is limited, I did have a light & motion about 6 yrs ago, after that I had a niteflux photo max, technology has been good to those of us who want to saddle up at night. The quality here seems to be good, the lighthead and battery are " tight". The connections on the cables to the battery are nice and snug. The battery indicator flucuated between 40-80% so I hooked the charger up. The charge indicator stayed on red for several hours, I got concerned that maybe there was a quality issue and it wasn't going to change to green at all, my fears were alliveated shortly thereafter when it did change. The quality fears that I have began when combing through these various threads on lights and reading comments which questioned the quality of the imported lights coming from Asia. I mounted it to my helmet and climbed on the tallboy when I got home last night, I have been contemplating which light for too long to delay this inaugural ride even though it would'nt be on the trail. My initial expections were met and I was not dissapointed. Since the throw was more important to me using one light only ,I had ordered the xtra spot lens and swapped it out to use " spot spot" . I haven't put it to the real test which will be the singletrack for me, but from what I saw on the paved road and a few hundred yards of "fire road" close to my home, I think I'll be grinning like a mule eating briars once I do hit the trail at night. I may post again after putting it to the real test. I am just grateful that I was able to search these threads and learn from the input of so many riders who have shared their thoughts and extensive knowledge to help me arrive at a decision for a light.
    great review! can't wait to get mine. hopefully by mid-week next week.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi. I got my new X2 last week and have been playing with it over the weekend but no proper ride yet. I'll do a review after that.
    Just one question for all you others that have this light already. Is there much perceived difference in light output between the medium and high setting while in the trail mode, i.e 900 vs 1200 lumens? Mine it flickers with the button push up to high and the output looks like it goes up slightly but overall light output doesn't seem to be that much more than the 900 lumens setting. I'm still running standard spot/spill lens's. Battery is fully charged too.

I'm not disappointed but just wondering if it's supposed to be like that or mine might be not quite right.
    cheers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by snala View Post
    Hi. I got my new X2 last week and have been playing with it over the weekend but no proper ride yet. I'll do a review after that.
    Just one question for all you others that have this light already. Is there much perceived difference in light output between the medium and high setting while in the trail mode, i.e 900 vs 1200 lumens? Mine it flickers with the button push up to high and the output looks like it goes up slightly but overall light output doesn't seem to be that much more than the 900 lumens setting. I'm still running standard spot/spill lens's. Battery is fully charged too.

I'm not disappointed but just wondering if it's supposed to be like that or mine might be not quite right.
    cheers.
    I was not able to tell very much difference in between med-high either.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    I was not able to tell very much difference in between med-high either.
    Hi Gents,

There's nothing wrong with the light, just a small fraction of a difference in current.

When the light is that bright the difference to the eye between these two settings is not huge. But based on customer feedback, and yours has just reinforce it, we will be looking at possibly dropping the 'Med' setting on trail mode to about 700 lumens. This will give a more usable range.

@snala - can you PM about the 'flikering' the light is meant to flicker at low battery power but if your battery is not low I"d like to discuss to ensure you get a unit that is working as it should be.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi Gents,
    When the light is that bright the difference to the eye between these two settings is not huge. But based on customer feedback, and yours has just reinforce it, we will be looking at possibly dropping the 'Med' setting on trail mode to about 700 lumens. This will give a more usable range.

@snala - can you PM about the 'flikering' the light is meant to flicker at low battery power but if your battery is not low I"d like to discuss to ensure you get a unit that is working as it should be.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ
    Okay thanks Bruce.
    I probably made it sound like it's worse than it is. By flicker I meant it's definitely changing to the higher output as it appears like it goes off and comes back on but very very quickly. So it's not really a flicker and is probably quite normal?
    It's just when you change from low to med the output increase is very noticable with the extra 600 lumens obviously but the med to high doesn't seem to offer much more so I'd be inclined to ride on 900L and get the extra battery life. As you suggested splitting the levels at 700L, as the medium, might offer a more rounded usable range in the trail settings? I mean as I said originally, I am very happy with the output even at medium and the spread is very useable and full, ideal for a MTB light. It just feels like those 2 modes are quite close together in appearance and therefore performance so kind of makes them not as relevant.
    Last edited by snala; 12-02-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Sensitivity of human eye to luminous intensity is logarithmic, so the output should be doubled to clearly notice the difference between the levels (and such step is still not seen as a big one). Personally I would prefer user programable levels over the fixed ones.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Sensitivity of human eye to luminous intensity is logarithmic, so the output should be doubled to clearly notice the difference between the levels (and such step is still not seen as a big one). Personally I would prefer user programable levels over the fixed ones.
    We have been considering the programme features and have few things up our sleeves. We have taken onboard suggestions of others and are currently working on options.

Some have suggested TaskLed type user interface, otheres prefer simplistic H-M-L. Its hard to please everyone - but we try

It won't be an immediate change or a big one, maybe just some tweeking.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    ....we will be looking at possibly dropping the 'Med' setting on trail mode to about 700 lumens. This will give a more usable range.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ
    This would probably be a good idea and will make the medium setting on the "Trail Program" more usable. I'm not worried about the lower output of the medium mode because when I've used the "Adventure Program" I've found the medium 500 lumen setting to be very useful as well. To have a 700 lumen medium setting on the "Trail Program" would be fine and enable the user to have better all-around battery run times.

Anyway, it won't be doing me any good as I already have the current set-up. As for the current mode arrangement ( ( sub mode )- L-M-H ), I would not change a thing.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    We have been considering the programme features and have few things up our sleeves. We have taken onboard suggestions of others and are currently working on options.

Some have suggested TaskLed type user interface, otheres prefer simplistic H-M-L. Its hard to please everyone - but we try

It won't be an immediate change or a big one, maybe just some tweeking.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    H-M-L with user programmable output for each level. With that much output it would be nice to be able to control it how you like. That's probably the number one thing that steered me towards the DUO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Funny name, serious light!

Bruce, there you have a marketing logo, even though it may not be original. I am curious how you chose the company name, I may have missed this Q&A earlier.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Continued from my last post:

I almost forgot, if you're going to tweak the output modes then you also want to use the maximum output available for the "Trail Program" on high. The current set-up only uses 1200 lumen for high. Please tweak that to the 1300 lumen max and we'll be good to go.

To Bruce and Vag, I really like how you guys respond to the people on forum. I also like how you are always looking forward to refining the product(s) that your company produces. Keep up the good work. Also, congratulations on having one of the threads with the most views; 101,000 views and climbing. With that many views you must be doing something right.

CAt

swag ho Administrator
    Just got my test Gloworm. Very, very nice construction and beam pattern.

I did the Mtbr Lux meter test and it read 111 Mtbr Lux. The other light that read 111 Lux is the Light and Motion Taz 1200 and that measured 1206 Lumens on the integrating sphere. So I think this Gloworm will measure at or above its 1200 lumen claims.

fc

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Funny name, serious light!

Bruce, there you have a marketing logo, even though it may not be original. I am curious how you chose the company name, I may have missed this Q&A earlier.

Thanks
    Hey Pedalfast.............I guess GLOWORM is not original as such however my reason for choosing it may be!

When I first started selling lights in NZ, I imported magicshine copies. Yeah I know!!

Anyway, I was trying to come up with a company name so I could move from just importing no name lights to providing a brand to build a reputation from.

With a brand comes images, and what better images than lights at night. We started to play around with long exposure shots and came up with some really top quality images featuing long streaks of lights...behold - the GLOWORM!

...and it all blossomed from there. That was nearly 4 years ago.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

mtbr member
    Just my 2 cents. I also am the proud and happy owner of an X2 (v2). I also find the differenc between M and H very insignificant. I don't mind as the M mode will give me much longer run times while still providing ample light. Two changes I would recommend for the light would be to adopt the programming modes like the Gemini lights (please, do not involve connecting to a computer to accomplish this) and a replace the velcro for the helmet mount with something like the NiteRider Minewt or Fenix BT20.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey Pedalfast.............I guess GLOWORM is not original as such however my reason for choosing it may be!

When I first started selling lights in NZ, I imported magicshine copies. Yeah I know!!

Anyway, I was trying to come up with a company name so I could move from just importing no name lights to providing a brand to build a reputation from.

With a brand comes images, and what better images than lights at night. We started to play around with long exposure shots and came up with some really top quality images featuing long streaks of lights...behold - the GLOWORM!

...and it all blossomed from there. That was nearly 4 years ago.

Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm
    NZ

Thats cool! I love it! I actually meant the jingle "funny name, serious light" wasn't original. The term "gloworm" is new to me. Well done as are the lights!

Action LED Lights
    At least in the US, when I first heard Gloworm this is what I thought of.

If you had kids in the 80's you might remember these.

We don't have these Gloworms in north america.

Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Low difference from med to high here also.. User programmable L-M-H would be great... I kept holding out -- hoping GW would do a user programmable but finally had to give in and get something.. Well made and really like the remote...

for me the perfect light is--- light weight-- low profile-- remote--user programmable levels... So the x2 isnt far from that.. The uber light would include a wireless remote similar to the lupine -- just not cost $1200 lol.

mtbr member
    Bruce, can you guys provide more details on your expected run times for the 4-cell (and also upcoming 2-cell) battery? On your website it only lists 2.5 hours for the X2 on high mode with the standard 4-cell battery. What would the run time be on M (trail mode)?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    finally got my X2 after anxiously waiting. USPS tracking showed twas out for delivery 9:14 am yesterday! did not come till late afternoon today and i thought it got lost.

love how the light is small. cant test it yet till i get home. but while at work i was fiddling on attaching the helmet mount using the included velcro and i cant seem to attach it properly

is it my helmet? im using a GIRO XAR....cmon it shouldn't be this hard...

guess more tinkering when i get home..
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Bapski... I had the same problem... The Velcro helmet strap that came with my kit wasnt working... There is no reverse piece of Velcro on the end of the strap-- so when you went though the loop and brought the velcro back to attach to itself--- it wont stick.. You end up with soft side to soft side or hard side to hard side... Not sure if this is the problem your having-- but if it is-- its not going to work.. Youll have to either get in touch with GW or just poach a small velcro strap off of your pump(or whatever you might have that has some)... That is what did..

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast