Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I ordered the Duo today than had Jim cancel the order, I really like the mount on the GloWorm and remote. I will using this mounted to helmet, lower profile works much better for me. I may just wait and get the X1. I need a good spot light that is light weight, this may fit the bill.

For fun the other day I mounted my Serfas True 1500 center on bars than Mj 808e left and right. I went by myself to my local trails from 8 to 10:30 I had a blast. I put a Cygo 400 on helmet also, the beam got lost with 3500 Lumens up front. The 808e have good spots and the True 1500 do it all. I came up on another guy he said he has never seen anything like it ! I love night riding.

When will the x1 come out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing Gloworm X2 - New Dual XM-L LED light system-p1050430.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just ordered the X2 from Action LED, hope to have it soon as daylight savings will be setting in on Sunday and it will be dark by the time I get home.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey Cat Man Do,

Any feedback on your X2 compared to Magicshine 808e? Just for the throw of the beam, I would think the 808e has better throw!! Also do you know anything about Gloworm new X1 ? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Any feedback on your X2 compared to Magicshine 808e? Just for the throw of the beam, I would think the 808e has better throw!! Also do you know anything about Gloworm new X1 ? Thanks
    You can't really compare the X2 and the 808e - the X2 has decent throw but puts out a large hotspot of light with no halo effect. The 808e will throw a bit further but with a less useful small dot of light with dim halo rings. They are very different lights.

When the X1 comes out that will be the light to put against the 808e.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Hey Cat Man Do,

Like neninja said, different kind of light so hard to compare. I'll just say that the 808e make a better all around helmet light. The X2 works better than the 808e if you don't necessarily need a centered throw beyond 100 ft.

So I guess the next question would be, which would I use most?....easy, X2 on the bars 808E on the helmet. Together a very good combo.

About the X1...rumor has it that China is having some kind of hold on shipments that include Li-ion batteries until sometime this month. That might be why we haven't seen the X1 yet. I suppose all we can do is wait.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Like neninja said, different kind of light so hard to compare. I'll just say that the 808e make a better all around helmet light. The X2 works better than the 808e if you don't necessarily need a centered throw beyond 100 ft.

So I guess the next question would be, which would I use most?....easy, X2 on the bars 808E on the helmet. Together a very good combo.

About the X1...rumor has it that China is having some kind of hold on shipments that include Li-ion batteries until sometime this month. That might be why we haven't seen the X1 yet. I suppose all we can do is wait.
    News on the street is that Vag is off to take some beam shots tonight in comparison to the X2 and a couple of other units.........

mtbr member
    I had an opportunity to use my X2 on a group ride for the first time over the weekend. The guys were calling it "the day light" and talking about how it lit up "the whole trail". I really like the light quality and being able to see details on the trail. Thanks guys, nice job.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    I had an opportunity to use my X2 on a group ride for the first time over the weekend. The guys were calling it "the day light" and talking about how it lit up "the whole trail". I really like the light quality and being able to see details on the trail. Thanks guys, nice job.
    Congrats! Were you using on the bar or on the helmet?

mtbr member
    On my helmet. It's my only light and so far, it's been all I need.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I received my Gloworm X2 today from ActionLED....the really fast free shipping impressed me!!

Upon opening the Gloworm packaging I had a good sense of a quality product. Nice packaging, a great carrying/travel case for the light head and battery, as well as a great looking user manual.

Taking everything out and laying it on the bench was a fun....its like x-mas in Nov. I don't have any experience with other lights ( other than Princeton tec headlamps) so I cannot compare the light to competitors. But being an engineer I can say that overall Gloworm has a nice little package deal going.

I read over the instructions and proceeded to attempt to mount the lamp to my helmet.....wait a minute, no Velcro. I look over the instructions which state that I should use Velcro or zipties. Mounted it up with zipties but wasn't really thrilled with using them, as I am looking for a less permante mounting option for when I don't want a light mounted to my helmet. But I will say the base provided for the helmet mounting option is robust, and the foam mounted to the bottom is nice. I will have to dig up some Velcro straps and test the helmet mounting a little more.

I then mounted the headlamp on the handlebars....easy as can be. The separate mounting base for the handlebars was a pleasant surprise, and with foam on the bottom there are no concerns about the mount moving around on the bar. The rubber O-ring is beefy, and holds the light firmly in place.

I mounted the battery to the top tube with the nice Velcro strap provided. I like that fact that I didn't even need the cable extension for mounting the battery on the top tube....which is nice to not have to deal with all that extra wire ( thanks for including it though!!).

The Velcro dots included, which are to be used to mount the switch to have been a problem. The first one I stuck to my helmet when I mounted the light delaminated from its adhesive and was thrown away. The second one I mounted to the handlebar didn't seem to want to stick, so I taped it in place and will let it bond to the handlebar over night.

I will post more when I go for a ride, but overall I am very happy with the quality of the products. Just in time for daylight savings....and to going to, and coming back from work in the dark.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You should have a velcro strap for mounting to a helmet in the box - it's 20mm wide and about 30cm long. The latest ones have a small buckle on the end.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Dose anyone have any pics of how they helemt mounted their light? My skinny (1" wide) velcro didn't have a buckle on it. Not a big deal but would have been nice for peace of mindwhen mounting. I did get the wider strap in the kit that is obviously for battery pack. I just want to see some ideas. I took mine out for a ride last night and wow, great light. I want to start riding more at night and I hope the X1really adds to the experience. Send out some pics of your lights attatched to your helmets folks. Thanks ahead of time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Pulled the trigger and finally ordered an X2 from Action Sports (via Amazon).

Has anyone heard/seen anything on the updated/new lenses? I could have sworn I read something about new lenses coming that was bundled with some X1 news but can't seem to find it now.

Will be sure to post some pics and some feedback.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Bruce and Vag,
    Any idea on when the new X2 spot optics will be ready? Do you think this will make the X2 capable of throwing as well as your new X1? I own both versions on your X2 and like everything about them except the lack of throw, even using 2 spot optics in my X2 V2.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Working on X2 optics as we speak everyone!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by neninja View Post
    You should have a velcro strap for mounting to a helmet in the box - it's 20mm wide and about 30cm long. The latest ones have a small buckle on the end.
    Nope, only Velcro is the wide strap for the battery.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Just received my Gloworm X2 and am amazed at the size and build quality. Having not owned a light since I owned a Niterider Classic back around 1998, I wasn't prepared for how far things have come! LOL

Took the light outside for a second and was stunned at how bright this thing gets!

Dying to take the light out on the trails soon. If not tomorrow, definitely this weekend.

Great job on the light Gloworm.

mtbr member
    @ Gloworm -

My battery switches from 100% to 80% immediately after coming off a charge. Why is that? Am I getting a full charge on the battery? Is my battery ok? It is an x2 (v1) battery purchased with the preorder but has never been used.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by smthgfshy View Post
    @ Gloworm -

My battery switches from 100% to 80% immediately after coming off a charge. Why is that? Am I getting a full charge on the battery? Is my battery ok? It is an x2 (v1) battery purchased with the preorder but has never been used.
    Hey, the V1 batteries had a different circuit that was not as accurate as the current one. You will be getting a full charge and should get at least 2.5hrs with a full charge on high.

Cheers

Bruce

mtbr member
    Good to hear!! Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Last night for the first time I went for a long ride without charging the light first. It was still showing 100% at the beginning though.

During the ride, the light did three little flashes. I assumed that this meant the battery was going to run out soon, but the gauge still showed 40%. The rest of the ride, the light kept doing the three flashes again, maybe every 10-15 minutes. And sometimes it would refuse to change into a brighter mode, but after pressing the button a few times it would change eventually.

Is this the normal run-down function, or is something wrong with it?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by micah356 View Post
    Last night for the first time I went for a long ride without charging the light first. It was still showing 100% at the beginning though.

During the ride, the light did three little flashes. I assumed that this meant the battery was going to run out soon, but the gauge still showed 40%. The rest of the ride, the light kept doing the three flashes again, maybe every 10-15 minutes. And sometimes it would refuse to change into a brighter mode, but after pressing the button a few times it would change eventually.

Is this the normal run-down function, or is something wrong with it?
    Hi Micah, drop me an email and we can discuss further. It is definetly not normal, we'll get it sorted quickly and get you back up and running......I mean riding!

support@glowormlites.co.nz
    Cheers

Bruce
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Finally was able to get my new X2 out on the trails. I haven't been night riding in over a decade. Needless to say, the difference between the X2 and the old Niterider Classic is night and day.

I opted to go with the helmet mount. A bit of a pain getting the long velcro strap working with the odd vents of my Giro Aeon helmet...but it's now on there pretty snug.

First impression was, OMG this thing get BRIGHT! My initial placement on the helmet was way too low, giving me a "Star Wars Warp Speed" effect with the dust. I moved the light up higher on the helmet and tilted it down a bit to make up for the difference and was good to go.

Luckily, this second position and angle worked out perfect. From slower technical sections to all-out bombing areas, I never felt like I needed any more light.

Mission Accomplished. Great work Gloworm!

b a n n e d
    Has the X2 made it into Francois' hands for the MTBR lights shootout?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    It's not on the list shown on the first page of the shootout thread so I guess not.....

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    We were a bit slow off the mark but managed to get one to him this week. I guess its now a waiting game.......

Bruce
    Gloworm

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast