Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Do you have a link to the Amazon Store Front

I could not find the store front on Amazon (my faught, i am sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    We do still have it but have moved it to our Amazon store front. (don't ask )
    The accessories will follow soon.
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE4Me View Post
    I could not find the store front on Amazon (my faught, i am sure)
    Action LED Lights @ Amazon.com:

here ya go!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Bought an X2 v2.0 + headstrap. Will probably be delivered tomorrow or thursday. I'm actually pretty excited, can't wait

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If you found good EU source, please post your findings.
    I've bought mine at the only Dutch reseller: Bikeboutique.

So, what options do you have:
    • - The European distributor is Fooh.eu
      - CRG Moto is a UK seller. You can enter 'GLOWORM20' there as Discount Coupon Code and get £10 off! (£20 discount is expired, but you still get -£10)
      - Action LED Lights, USA shop.
      - Gloworm 'directly', NZ.

So, Fooh and CRG are EU. But maybe Action LED Lights or Gloworm 'directly' are options as well. You should check VAT, duties, etc.

Had to remove my links to the concerning pages of the listed shops, thanks to lack of number of posts. That's a shame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    is the last page of this thread FUBAR for anyone else???

I see the most recent updates followed by some posts from a few days ago. Really odd and showing up this way on multiple different computers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    is the last page of this thread FUBAR for anyone else???

I see the most recent updates followed by some posts from a few days ago. Really odd and showing up this way on multiple different computers.

Looks good for me. Make sure your thread mode is set to linear.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    My wife just showed up with the 2.0 for me. Early birthday present. Woooohoooo I'm excited now. Gota love a great wife!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    You were spot-on ljracer. Somehow, linear view was switched off. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey Cat,

Keep an eye out next week. All will be revealed

All we can say, is what has already been said. Helmet light, small, bright, single emmitter.....

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks04 View Post
    Any news?
    This...about the new X2?
    Last edited by EK2K; 10-25-2012 at 03:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EK2K View Post
    This...about the new X2?
    About the new X1 I assume, was supposed to be more info this week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Picked up the X2 from Action LED, great service, thanks Jim. The light was shipped the same day I ordered and arrived earlier than scheduled delivery. I have been using it for about a month and here are my impressions.
    After riding for one season with a MiNewt 350 I needed to step up in lumens. The first few rides, I kept the MiNewt on the bars and wore the x2 on the helmet. I have now stopped bringing the MiNewt because I can't even tell it's on with the X2. I did not think I would like the remote switch but I now prefer it to a light head mounted switch. It does take some time to switch mounts but I can see why they did it that way. I have use the Gemini Titan and while it is a great light, the mount makes it sit high on the helmet. The way the X2 mounts is unique compared to other lights and when it is mounted on top of the helmet it is very low profile. Also, concerning battery run times. I believe they underestimated the advertised times (classy move). I haven't been scientific about it but I can say that on my 2 hour rides using mostly 900 lumens along singletrack and climbing and 1200 during any downhill I barely hit the 50% indicator.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    About the new X1 I assume, was supposed to be more info this week.
    As promised here is some more information.

Product will soon be finalised and therefore the next update will be posted seperately in another thread

It will be available for preorder soon. We will let you know the RRP and post some beam shots in due course.

The chosen optic provides a nice tight beam that has good punch from a package small enough to satisfy even the most staunch weight weenie.

Thats all for now!

Bruce and Vag

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for the update Bruce and Vag...that's like an internet high five right there!

Looks sick!

EK2K

mtbr member
    As promised here is some more information.

Product will soon be finalised and therefore the next update will be posted seperately in another thread

It will be available for preorder soon. We will let you know the RRP and post some beam shots in due course.

The chosen optic provides a nice tight beam that has good punch from a package small enough to satisfy even the most staunch weight weenie.

Thats all for now!

Bruce and Vag

Very interesting. Looks like you chosen to go the remote route with this one as well.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Very interesting. Looks like you chosen to go the remote route with this one as well.

Yes indeed Cat-man-do,

We only got good feedback for the remote in the X2. keeping the same for the X1 was an easy decision.
    Anyway, it is supposed to be a helmet light and remote works well in the helmet

Cheers,
    Bruce and Vag

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Can't wait to get one of these new X1 lights. I love my X2 but will welcome something with a bit more reach to accompany it. Bring it on!

b a n n e d
    I for one (and possibly the only one) do not like the remote switch, especially on a helmet mounted light. Where is the remote going to lead? Why not just put a simple button on the battery, or light-head?

It makes more sense on the bar mounted light Even then though, I'd love it if it were a removable option. I have too many controls on my bar already.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I for one (and possibly the only one) do not like the remote switch, especially on a helmet mounted light. Where is the remote going to lead? Why not just put a simple button on the battery, or light-head?.
    It was a selling point for me. You can find a lot of lights with switch on light-head.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I had other choices for lights, but I bought the X2 was because it had a remote switch. And it is mounted to velcro on the shifter clamp right next to my left thumb and I use it a lot. If I get a X1, I will mount the remote switch on the side of the helmet where it is easy to touch (probably above the left ear)

As a side note, the Gloworm supplied adhesive backed velcro square is useless. I got some velcro from McMaster Carr with high strength adhesive and the remote switch now stays where it is stuck.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrider1 View Post
    I had other choices for lights, but I bought the X2 was because it had a remote switch. And it is mounted to velcro on the shifter clamp right next to my left thumb and I use it a lot. If I get a X1, I will mount the remote switch on the side of the helmet where it is easy to touch (probably above the left ear)

As a side note, the Gloworm supplied adhesive backed velcro square is useless. I got some velcro from McMaster Carr with high strength adhesive and the remote switch now stays where it is stuck.
    You'll be pleaed to know we've fixed the problems with the velcro! All sorted

mtbr member
    You'll be pleaed to know we've fixed the problems with the velcro! All sorted
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have an X2 V1. I've been totally happy with it. Except two rides ago, I had a small problem.

When I got home and took the light off of my helmet, the velcro mounting strap delaminated. The two sides of the strap separated from each other. Seems like it was caused by the sweat from my head eating at the glue. Anyways, I glued the two halves of the strap back together and it hasn't come off again, but I thought I should mention it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Had a few issues with mine, tonight. I was in the trail setting and the light was fine moving up the brightness settings, but when I went from the max boost 1200 down to the low setting, the light would pulse half a dozen times before settling. I was then unable to cycle through the any of the brightness settings unless I turned it off and on again. I tried the optional settings and they seemed ok, just the trail one. The battery indicator was switching between 40 and 80% so I presume it had enough charge in it. Any ideas?

I've emailed Danny at CRG for his advice

Cheers

Matt

Edit: I should add, this was the second ride out since I'd charged it, so over two hours of running time on a combination of different brightness settings
    Last edited by M6TTF; 10-28-2012 at 01:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I am interested in purchasing the Glow Worm x2.

Do these guys ship directly to the U.S? I was on their sight trying to place an order but when it was time to input shipping options it indicated that no shipping options were available.

Are there any U.S. distributors? It looks like Action LED once sold it but the Glow Worm is no longer listed on their sight.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by anderson76 View Post
    I am interested in purchasing the Glow Worm x2.

Do these guys ship directly to the U.S? I was on their sight trying to place an order but when it was time to input shipping options it indicated that no shipping options were available.

Are there any U.S. distributors? It looks like Action LED once sold it but the Glow Worm is no longer listed on their sight.
    We are out of stock at the moment. More on order that should be here in about 2 weeks.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast