Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast
    ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfink View Post
    Hey guys,

what's up with your website? I can't get on glowormlites.com or glowormlites.co.nz... also, is actionLED not selling your products anymore? They're not up on their website. Maybe out of stock? .
    Hey,

Both sites are up and running. Not sure about Action LED Lights.......must check with Jim.

If you continue to have troubles, let me know....also try Amazon, there is def some stock in the US.

Cheers

Bruce

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hey Cat,

Keep an eye out next week. All will be revealed

All we can say, is what has already been said. Helmet light, small, bright, single emmitter.....

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    Any news?

May the Force be with you
    I have this light , Great bright and throws a great wide beam,

mtbr member
    Just got an X2 from Action LED. Was extremely impressed by the customer service, thanks Jim! I haven't been able to test it on the trail yet but it sure lit up my back yard. All of it. Nice job.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I wrote a nice long review a minute ago, the moment i hit quick reply the browser says it could not load and when i hit back its all gone.

I am writing again but this time its short.

I got the X2 2 weeks ago directly from Gloworm international website and managed to ride last night after i received the missing extension cable from Vag. Lets just say I m glad that i bought the X2 instead of mj880

We rode under heavy rain last night, it started to pour down heavily after we rode for an hour and with all those water pouring on the light, I had no problem at all.

The o-ring mount was very good for me as its simple and easy to mount and release from the handlebar. It will be a shame if this is changed. One thing i would like though is the battery level indicator to be place behind the light instead of on the battery because i keep the battery in my saddle bag.

Thanks to Vag for his quick response and top notch customer service, anyone thinking of buying the light please go ahead, you cant go wrong with this.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've had this light for a couple of weeks now, I would recommend without hesitation.
    Bought through Gloworm international website, customer service was excellent.

My goal was enough flood and throw to use as a helmet light, without bar lights, use and forget, it met my expectations.

Riding off road, technical and fast trails, usually wet and rainy, visibility was excellent. The remote switch on the helmet is excellent for climb/descend mode.

Also use for commuting on low, feel nice and safe!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've been searching some time for nice bike lights. Already it's getting earlier dark and when the wintertime kicks in, I just need some good lights for training at night. Not only so I'm able to see where I'm going, but also that other road users are able to see me going.

First I went through Magicshines 808E, 816E, 872 and 880. Pretty good stuff but then I saw the light: there are more manufacturers

So I've read the 36 pages (881 messages) on the Gloworm X2 (v1.0 and 2.0), the 5 pages about the Gemini Duo and like a dozen user reviews. I actually learned a lot by reading all that stuff.

Conclusion? The X2 sounds pretty much exactly like what I've been searching for. Compact design, pretty light weight, water proof, a good mount, nice beam pattern, remote controlled and a affordable price. Big plus are the smart light programs and the quality feedback from Bruce and Vag.

Good! But where should I get it? I live in the Netherlands.
    Regular options are Glowormlites.com (NZ), Action LED lights (US) and CRG (UK). By ordering in the UK I probably should pay VAT but no other duties. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention: Fooh Designs is the EU distributor. Sent them an e-mail.

Slovakia (Europe)
    If you found good EU source, please post your findings.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If you found good EU source, please post your findings.
    No problem, will do.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm in Ireland, bought through Gloworm International website
    www glowormlites dot com
    Googles as Gloworm Manuacturing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Hey Bruce,
    I took the X2 ( V2 ) out for a spin on the helmet. My first impression; Not what I want for the helmet. Don't get me wrong, I love the light on the bars but the beam pattern for the helmet is too wide to suit my tastes.

On the up side if you can live with a good 150 ft. of wide throw on the helmet you'll have no complaints. Adding to that when helmet mounted you almost don't need a bar mounted light. An X2 on the helmet would make a great one lamp system if you are into that kind of thing.

With the X2 ( V2 ) on the helmet and the V1 on the bars I had no problems seeing anything into the 150 ft. range. The V2 will reach farther but doesn't give as much detail as a true thrower. Anyway, you'll hear no complaints from me. I love the V2 on the bars and that's where it will stay.

I have used my V1 and V2 enough to figure out what I do and don't like about them. I wanted to see what others thought or experienced.

I agree with what Cat-man-do posted up with his observations (aside from the 150ft). For me the usable distance seems shorter. I run the V2 on the helmet at it is much brighter and tends to drown out my V1 on the bars. Is it really that much better or is that something that the optics help out with. I'm just using default factory setups on both. I that I have plenty of light for the most part but would enjoy more throw especially when I start rolling faster.

Has anyone run the V1 and V2 on the bars with a Y cable? I'm thinking about that and putting my single XML thrower on my head.

thanks for any comments / feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljracer View Post
    ....Has anyone run the V1 and V2 on the bars with a Y cable? I'm thinking about that and putting my single XML thrower on my head.

thanks for any comments / feedback.
    I've thought about doing that as well but the X2 doesn't have any led mode indicators. With one lamp going it's not an issue but if you run two on the bars if would be hard to remember "what lamp" is in "what mode"
    If you did decide to run two on the bars ( with Y-cable ) you will need a very good battery to handle the load. A six or eight cell 18650 or 4 ( or 6 ) cell 26650 set-up would be mandatory if you want any kind of decent run time.

FWIW, Xeccon X-12 on the helmet and Gloworm X2 on the bars is a sweet combo set-up. The X-12 will give you that little extra "Umph" for throw.

I should also note that Gloworm is coming out with a "thrower" lamp. Should know more details by sometime this week or next.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hey,

You're quite right, we have a distributor in the Netherlands - Fooh.eu....his name is Jaap. We all have distribution in the UK through crgmoto.co.UK, Danny can sort you out with an X2 and any spares.

Cheers

Bruce and vag

mtbr member
    I have both the Gloworm X2 version 1 and version 2 and the Version 2 beam is a great improvement. The throw and overall pattern is really good on the version 2. My version 1 which has a more floody beam even with two spot optics, but it is very smooth throughout the beam pattern. I ended up not using my version 1 on the bike at all, I use it strictly mounted to the headband and use it for trail running, hiking, walking the dog, etc. It is very effective at this because of the flood characteristics and smoothness in the beam. When running you don't get a bobbing hotspot bouncing around, you just get a ton of flood that still has decent reach. It sure beats pants off the other runner's lights I see out there at night. They usually have these weak spotty type headlights that are very blue in color.

So I am glad I bought both a version 1 and 2 of the Gloworm X2 light. On my bike I use the Gloworm X2 version 2 on the helmet and am still very happy with my Lupine Betty bar light which is the 1,750 lumen 22 degree version. They work really nice together.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hey All,

We are about to make an announcement on the X1 (1 x XML LED/2 Cell Battery), but can tell you we have finally confirmed an optic that out throws the X2 (and other lights in the same class as the X1), but this is only the start! We are also working on a reflector

Finally we are developing and testing super spot optics for the X2 - the expectation is the new optic will really maximise the throw capabilities of the X2.

Regards

Bruce and Vag
    Team Gloworm

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Great news - cant wait to see the X1. That, combined with my X2 should be all the light I need

mtbr member
    We are about to make an announcement on the X1 (1 x XML LED/2 Cell Battery),
    Compatible with 4 cell?
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    Compatible with 4 cell?
    Yes, it will be compatible with the current 4 cell and other 7.4v batteries.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    It looks like Action LED doesn't have the Gloworm anymore...

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by micah356 View Post
    It looks like Action LED doesn't have the Gloworm anymore...
    We do still have it but have moved it to our Amazon store front. (don't ask )
    The accessories will follow soon.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Hey All,

We are about to make an announcement on the X1 (1 x XML LED/2 Cell Battery), but can tell you we have finally confirmed an optic that out throws the X2 (and other lights in the same class as the X1), but this is only the start! We are also working on a reflector

Finally we are developing and testing super spot optics for the X2 - the expectation is the new optic will really maximise the throw capabilities of the X2.

Regards

Bruce and Vag
    Team Gloworm
    Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!.....

Are they playing the new song....TIR.... ??

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hey All,

Regards

Bruce and Vag
    Team Gloworm
    Bruce, will the new spot optic and reflector be compatible with the existing X2 hardware?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    Bruce, will the new spot optic and reflector be compatible with the existing X2 hardware?
    Hey

Yes the new X2 optic will fit the current hardware....it'll slot right in there!

As for the reflector, this is a project and may not even come to fruition but we will see what we can do

Cheers

Bruce and Vag

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have two X2's and use one on the helmet (with 2 spot optics) and the bar has one spot and one flood. The one on the bar doesn't seem very bright compared to the helmet with the 2 spots. So I am thinking about getting another spot optic and run 2 spots on the bar. Anyone doing this?

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast