Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    You might want to try the beginner forum. This thread is a "bike light" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd StLouis View Post
    I am looking at getting a mountain bike for my daughter who is a athlete 5'10" 140lb, new rider. We are looking at a hardtail 29er and would like light weight and quality, we don,t want to spend over 1700$ any suggestions?
    What did you put in that sandwich?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Uh... it's not?

While the design and engineering may have their origins in other countries, Gloworm is using an Asian manufacturer for this light (see post 17).
    Hello,

Indeed, design and engineering of the X2 and future models is undertaken by our team in Auckland/Wellington, NZ. This includes electronics, thermodynamics, mechanics etc.

Components and parts come from all around the globe, these include electronic components, batteries, optics.

Assembly is done in-house, in Asia by Gloworm Manufacturing. It is run and managed by Vaggelis (Greek) who lives there and runs his own company as well.

This means that we have 100% control of the whole process from concept to design, to manufacturing and assembly.

Cheers,
    Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm
    Last edited by Gloworm Manufacture; 08-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Ex-Clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Uh... it's not?

While the design and engineering may have their origins in other countries, Gloworm is using an Asian manufacturer for this light (see post 17).
    Thanks for pointing that out to me! For some reason I thought it was being made in New Zealand, I didn't realize the manufacturing was being done in China.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    2 cell battery + XTEs and narrow optics would make a nice roadie package.
    Watch this space......or maybe another thread

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out to me! For some reason I thought it was being made in New Zealand, I didn't realize the manufacturing was being done in China.
    Made in China doesn't have to mean low quality if the right quality controls are in place.
    The iPhone and iPad are also made in the same area.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    double post

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloworm Manufacture View Post
    Hello Maximus,

Our warranty will cover this problem. For any future issues, let us know prior to 'checking' it yourself. We've sent you a PM regarding this issue.

We have improved the battery assembly for the last 5 months and glue is not anymore used.

Thanks,
    Vag
    Gloworm Manufacturing

Thanks for the quick response Vag. I PM'd you back. Since all that is needed to correct the issue is a small amount of glue, I am going to go that route.

mtbr member
    Bruce.. you said in another post that you had some new products coming out.. just wondering what they might be and when they might be available.. Im looking to get my light setup for my bike and am looking around at different configurations.. Would hate to get a setup and then have you guys come out with something new that would hit the spot
    My free racing tv guide-- www.racingtvguide.com

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by slideways666 View Post
    Bruce.. you said in another post that you had some new products coming out.. just wondering what they might be and when they might be available.. Im looking to get my light setup for my bike and am looking around at different configurations.. Would hate to get a setup and then have you guys come out with something new that would hit the spot
    I can't give too much away at this stage, but we will be launching a new product in the near future. It will have similar styling to the X2 and will be created using the same thoughtful design process.

If you were to buy the X2 the new product would not make redundant your new purchase, but compliment it very nicely!

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    cough cough-----Single beam 7-800lm helmet light with bit longer throw and a smaller battery pack and a universal plug for the whole system ????? .. lol... That would be sweet.. Cool.. Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with .. Also-- a Velcro strap with a stitched in rubber pad would be nice for the battery.. Im sure you have seen those-- so the rubber pad goes between the battery and frame and the Velcro strap goes around the whole thing keeping the battery really secure and the frame safe from scratching..
    My free racing tv guide-- www.racingtvguide.com

mtbr member
    Also of note, we will soon be releasing a smaller 2-cell battery.
    Thanks for the info! Will the 2-cell battery work with the X2?

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by allenpg View Post
    Thanks for the info! Will the 2-cell battery work with the X2?
    Yes indeed.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Hey All,

Just thought we'd share 2 magazine reviews we have received for the X2. May help some make a decision, may confirm your purchase was a good one or they may just be a good read. Whatever the reason, I hope you enjoy.

NZ Bike Magazine Review

NZ Mountain Biker Magazine Review

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Will the lupine Piko QR bracket work on the X2? I think I saw this question posted before but can't seem to find it now.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    After some heat transfer problems with my first lamp the exchange arrived today. Thanks Vag and Bruce!

The new lamp is already under examination

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    After some heat transfer problems with my first lamp the exchange arrived today. Thanks Vag and Bruce!

The new lamp is already under examination
    Bahaha......great pic! We've always been told the X2 has a resemblence to Wall-E

No worries with the light....look forward to the updates.

BTW we're really happy with the new programming, hope you are too!

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy43 View Post
    Will the lupine Piko QR bracket work on the X2? I think I saw this question posted before but can't seem to find it now.
    I caanot confirm that, however I don't think so. The tolerances within the pivot on the mount/lamp interface are very low.

This doesn't mean we cannot design one that will fit though!

b a n n e d
    I caanot confirm that, however I don't think so. The tolerances within the pivot on the mount/lamp interface are very low.

The ONE thing that is keeping me from buying one of these is the rubber band mount for the bars. I'm sure its stable, etc. but when the capability for a QR or machined mount is there, why use something that will just barely cut it. Fix that and I'm in for one for sure.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

This is the kind of feedback that got me to purchase this system in the first place. Keep up the fantastic work. Looking forward to some new products.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    The ONE thing that is keeping me from buying one of these is the rubber band mount for the bars. I'm sure its stable, etc. but when the capability for a QR or machined mount is there, why use something that will just barely cut it. Fix that and I'm in for one for sure.
    The o-ring works just fine, I have had mine out on a few rough as hell rides and it has not moved any. But I hear ya on the QR mount, it would be nice to have something super steady and give more confidence that your light is not going to fall off at all. But you should get one now and in no time they will have a QR mount for us. Just my two cents.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Rubber O-rings don't inspire confidence. Later I found out that the O-ring system works just fine. You're right in that they aren't the easiest things to attach or remove if you don't use a tool. Once again I found the issue moot if you carry tire levers ( which will attach or remove an O-ring faster than you can say, "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickle peppers". )

Just keep in mind the X2 is not going to be a super quick release lamp anyway even if you do get a cam buckle QR mount system. You still have to remove the remote and fiddle with the battery and wires. Believe me the extra 60 sec it takes to pull a tire lever out of your kit isn't going to make that much a difference. Besides I have a QR cam style clamp on my torch holder. Works great but if I take it off sometimes I have to fiddle with it to get the adjustment right. Nothing is perfect.

Don't let the O-ring system keep you from buying a great light. For most folks it works just fine.

Action LED Lights
    One other thing to consider is this light is so lightweight that it doesn't take much to hold it. Some other heavier lights like the MJ-816 that try and use this system have a little trouble staying put. One thing I always recommend if your having any trouble is put a wrap of friction tape on the bar where the light will mount.
    If you're not familiar with friction tape it's a cloth tape that is slightly tacky on both sides and is commonly used on the grips of baseball bats.(and many other things) Most hardware or sporting goods stores should have it.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hi Bruce,

I am currently looking for a decent handlebar light with a balance of spill and throw for an upcoming night mtb event here in Malaysia.

I found the MJ880 which looks like it will suits my need but then i have been disappointed by MS's product in the past as its quality is not what it should have been. (No! my expectation wasnt high but i was still disappointed) Anyway before i pull the trigger on another MS product again i looked around and found your X2.

The price is within the range of my budget which is around the MJ880 range. Specifications and design looked good to me. I have read this thread here and it seems promising. Now my problem is where do i buy it here in Malaysia? I know Action LEd in USA ships here but after adding priority shipping to the total, it has exceeded my set budget (I dont trust 1st class mail for a USD200 product)

Magicshine australia ships MJ880 to here free via DHL but they dont carry your product. There is also a MS dealer here which i have not contacted yet.

Bruce do you have any distributor in Asia or Malaysia where registered or priority shipping is not expensive? If you have any reference please give some contact or quote me a price.

Thanks

ww.glowormlites.co.nz
    Quote Originally Posted by scottam View Post
    Hi Bruce,

I am currently looking for a decent handlebar light with a balance of spill and throw for an upcoming night mtb event here in Malaysia.

I found the MJ880 which looks like it will suits my need but then i have been disappointed by MS's product in the past as its quality is not what it should have been. (No! my expectation wasnt high but i was still disappointed) Anyway before i pull the trigger on another MS product again i looked around and found your X2.

The price is within the range of my budget which is around the MJ880 range. Specifications and design looked good to me. I have read this thread here and it seems promising. Now my problem is where do i buy it here in Malaysia? I know Action LEd in USA ships here but after adding priority shipping to the total, it has exceeded my set budget (I dont trust 1st class mail for a USD200 product)

Magicshine australia ships MJ880 to here free via DHL but they dont carry your product. There is also a MS dealer here which i have not contacted yet.

Bruce do you have any distributor in Asia or Malaysia where registered or priority shipping is not expensive? If you have any reference please give some contact or quote me a price.

Thanks
    Try our international website - Gloworm Manufacturing - Gloworm Manufacturing

Cheers

Bruce and Vag
    Gloworm

mtbr member
    Hey Bruce,
    I took the X2 ( V2 ) out for a spin on the helmet. My first impression; Not what I want for the helmet. Don't get me wrong, I love the light on the bars but the beam pattern for the helmet is too wide to suit my tastes.

On the up side if you can live with a good 150 ft. of wide throw on the helmet you'll have no complaints. Adding to that when helmet mounted you almost don't need a bar mounted light. An X2 on the helmet would make a great one lamp system if you are into that kind of thing.

With the X2 ( V2 ) on the helmet and the V1 on the bars I had no problems seeing anything into the 150 ft. range. The V2 will reach farther but doesn't give as much detail as a true thrower. Anyway, you'll hear no complaints from me. I love the V2 on the bars and that's where it will stay.

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast